Rui wa Tomo o Yobu Translation Project

Just a Madao

Rui wa Tomo o Yobu (Full Voice Edition)

0pEIIMb.jpg

Description

Wakutsu Tomo was brought up by his mother as a girl due to a small mark he has on his body. After his mother's death, he discovers via her will that she emphasizes Tomo to continue living as a girl, and following this, Tomo starts to go through more troubles in his life. Tomo soon discovers that he is linked with five girls who are around his age as a second year high school student. These girls happen to have the same mark he has, and have also been going through similar hardships in their lives. Tomo and these five girls decide to form a pact to stay together and support each other to solve each of their problems and to bring peace to their lives.

VNDB: https://vndb.org/v776

Disclaimer: We do not support piracy. Please buy the game to support the devs if you can.
Official link to game purchase: https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/detail/akbs_0014/
Official link to the company: http://www.akatsukiworks.com/product/ruitomo/index.html

Project Staff

Leader:            Just a Madao (me)
Programmer:   Just a Madao
Translator:       Just a Madao
Editor:              AdoraEP, Thelogicmatrix
TLC:                  AdoraEP
Image Editor:   Su-47 Berkutie
Playtesters:       Mint

Progress

Programming: mostly done
Got unpacking/repacking automation script working, got word wrapping in-game working.

Link to Translation progress (Google Sheets, updated periodically)

Link to Translation log

Recruitment

None-at-the-moment (but feel free to overthrow me >:D)

Notes

Please feel free to reach out to me on Discord at "Just a Madao#1776". Or join the discord server

Also, special thanks to @Anonym271 for some initial hand guiding in decrypting the game data. 

Edited by Just a Madao

Also, thinking of making the English translation title "Birds of a Feather Flock Together". The original author/developer is totally aware the English translation of its own title (despite it being a pun), as this phrase has showed up at the Opening video of the game.

(Do tell me if it's a bad idea to change the title at my whims, though)

2wXrGcQ.png

TL update:

Common:  9.12% done (932 / 10220 lines)

Total:         2.05% done (932 / 45368 lines)

I don't know how long I can keep up this grueling schedule, but I will hope for the best. I'm thinking of recruiting a TLC (maybe) and an Editor (must) once I manage to finish TLing the common route. Anyone interested, feel free to message me (you don't have to wait until I'm done with common). 

Also considering a second translator to work on Atori and Koyori routes, since these routes are conveniently written by a different scenario author. 

Edited by Just a Madao

• Just a Madao changed the title to Rui wa Tomo o Yobu Translation Project

Update:
Common route: 50.21% Translated (5130 / 10219 lines), 18.66% Edited (1907/10219)

We are past 50% mark, yay! (Except it's just common route, sob)

I'm finding myself spending quite a bit of time going back to double check things with the Editor, clarifying some translations, doing proofreading with him, etc, so things slowed down a tadbit for me. Should be able to pull through somehow though. 

Also, an interesting trivia to add, the Japanese character count without punctuations is 899,676. It's pretty damn massive, so we're in for the long haul. Progress will likely slow once I start having to work (no ETA though). 

Update for Common Route: 

78.31% TL-ed (8001 / 10217 lines)
5.07% Edited (518 / 10217 lines)

A lot has happened since the last time I updated here, but essentially a new editor has poofed into our server, and in light of his English superpowers, we've decided to reset our editing progress to fit his style.

Personally, I'm terrifically excited to see his big-brain writing brought to light in the future.

Also, we got a new Image Editor, yay.

Edited by Just a Madao

• 2 months later...

Pardon my lack of updates on this project. Truth be told, I haven't made much progress in the past couple months (stuck around 85% on common route), and the Editor seems busy with work-related stuff too.

A little bit of excuse from me: I've just moved to another country and started a new job, and moving around and getting stuck in quarantine and whatnot got me worn down quite a bit, not to mention the overwhelming amount of new stuff to learn at work. As it currently stands, I might have to put this off for a few more weeks before having a stable enough schedule to continue chipping away at the TL. 

Anyways, apologies for the delay, but I still hope to get something worked out, since this is a title I *desperately* want others to enjoy :)