Is there or will there be a fan-translation for "Onii-chan, Kiss no Junbi wa Mada Desu ka? Ecchi no Junbi mo Mada Desu ka?"

irdonod

So about a year ago i played with the first Onii-kiss H-VN simply titled as "Onii-chan, Kiss no Junbi wa Mada Desu ka?" and i really enjoyed it cause altough it was an eroge and it's own japanese terms it is a lolicon and a siscon game too but today i realised that there's actually a sequel to this and i got really excited then i found that unlike the first game the sequel (which came out a year later) did not receive an english translation, so i searched for hours til i found that the translators from a company called "Sol Press" but it went defunct in 2021. So my question is: Did someone translated the sequel and if so can i hire someone to make it or is it illegal to do such a thing and that means that i never get an english translation for the sequel and if i want to play this so bad i have to study Japanese for years or just wait?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, I just took a 5 ECTS law course recently.

>has someone done it?

there is no english release listed at https://vndb.org/v20003, so no.

>is it illegal to hire someone to translate it?

Depending on the jurisdiction (I was looking at Swedish law for this, which should mostly match EU law[1]), technically no. What's illegal is to spread the translation to a larger amount of people, so you'd have to keep it private or maybe share it with like two people (consult your local law source!). You would also need to find a translator willing to translate, and the translation job would probably run you a large amount of money (thousands of dollars) at any kind of reasonable price.

>will someone else do it?

idk fam, generally the best answer is to learn Japanese instead. With modern tools, it's surprisingly possible to be reading VNs after only a few months (not years) of study (if you're hardcore enough, one should be enough). However, you can always pray for luck. Or use machine translation, though das cringe.

[1] EU countries generally have strongly harmonized legal systems in important areas these days, with EU law outranking local law. Though Swedish law is somewhat unusual in specifically granting the author of an unauthorized translation a "useless" copyright on their work which means the translator can't publish, but the author also can't publish the translation without permission. Kind of based ngl