Have the Law in Canada in regarding the classification of Animated content changes?

Musui_Kohaku

Listen to me, I have like a lot of VIsual Novel games, but one thing I have never do question is it legal. I have heard in Canada's law owning something they deemed as "CP" would get you arrested and I want to know if this is still true in the current days. Has the law been change to word better or is having something as minor as a fictional character VN or even importing one would get your arrested.

• 5 months later...

I mean, the police have more important things to do than arrest someone for reading a VN with fictional characters. Even people from countries like Australia (who have similar laws) have said they've imported physical copies of VN with lolis on the cover with no problems.

We don't know anyone who has been arrested for something like that (I have heard of one case, but I don't know if it was legitimate or just someone trolling). So don't worry about your lolis bro.

7 minutes ago, Diener said:

I mean, the police have more important things to do than arrest someone for reading a VN with fictional characters. Even people from countries like Australia (who have similar laws) have said they've imported physical copies of VN with lolis on the cover with no problems.

We don't know anyone who has been arrested for something like that (I have heard of one case, but I don't know if it was legitimate or just someone trolling). So don't worry about your lolis bro.

Unfortunately this is not how the reality is. I'm not canadian, but there has indeed been a case in the past where a very popular member of the vn community named @Doddler ran into a bad situation with the police because he imported a lolicon onahole. I mean sure.. that's not VNs but it is possible that your stuff gets held up in customs at least. You won't be arrested for it however, this I don't believe happens. But I have not looked into the law, frankly.

Doddler’s story about loli content in Canada ║ Onahole.eu 🔞 – review blog about Japanese sex toys & more! (nsfw)

30 minutes ago, HataVNI said:

Unfortunately this is not how the reality is. I'm not canadian, but there has indeed been a case in the past where a very popular member of the vn community named @Doddler ran into a bad situation with the police because he imported a lolicon onahole. I mean sure.. that's not VNs but it is possible that your stuff gets held up in customs at least. You won't be arrested for it however, this I don't believe happens. But I have not looked into the law, frankly.

Doddler’s story about loli content in Canada ║ Onahole.eu 🔞 – review blog about Japanese sex toys & more! (nsfw)

Interesting, I didn't know about this case.... But yes, like you say, I'm sure they won't arrest you for reading VN with lolis, but maybe if you import stuff like that (sex toys, doujinshis or explicit lolicon content on the cover) they end up being held by aduanas.

I've read people from Canada and Australia say they haven't had any problems importing those things to their country, maybe it's rare, or you have to have really bad luck?

I would say just be careful when having anything cross the border. That's really only when you can get unlucky with random checks. Be careful with bringing in physical goods or with having questionable content in your laptop/phone while crossing the borders/airport. I'd suggest using strong encryption if you really want to bring your data with you. There's always a way to escape searches with technology. It's rare, but it does happen once in a while when someone with prejudice does the checking. The law in Canada is rather vague and in a gray area, which law enforcement take advantage of to get plea bargains and peace bonds from people. The law depends on "artistic" value so you will have to fight a costly battle to prove your innocence, which is why most people take peace bonds. It's kind of a guilty until proven innocent once charged.

Same situation in Australia, but stricter. You also have much lower chances of winning in court.