9-nine: New Episode to be released on 2022-03-18 on Steam

adamstan

Recently Sekai Project announced that final episode of 9-nine will get released on Steam on 2022-03-18. The release will contain all three language versions (JP, CN, EN)

header.jpg?t=1646418244

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1890120/9nineNewEpisode/

This episode was all-ages right from the start, so there should be no need to worry about any censorship in this release.

This just has short after stories and is standalone:

https://vndb.org/v29724

This is a standalone version of the "New Episode" chapter added in 9-nine- Complete Edition. The new episode ties up the loose ends from the previous 4 chapters, and contains after stories for each heroine (the scenario part totals about 230kb). It contains 10 CGs.

37 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Does this series have a plot? I mean, a good plot, or is it something akin to a moege with some side story?

Yes it does have a plot and a good one at that but in the end that is subjective, you need to read all 4 episodes to understand the story.

Edited by Shaun

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

you need to read all 4 episodes to understand the story.

Yes. Essentially this isn't the "series" - it's single VN split into 4 (or actually 5) parts. Each of the four episodes contains single route.

This is emphasised in the Complete Edition, where to unlock each route, you need to complete the previous one, and then after stories get unlocked after completing all four main episodes.

Edited by adamstan

• 2 weeks later...

The VN is now released, so you can play this if you've been waiting for this and have fun. Speaking of the announcement, well I already have guess that Sekai is the one who will localize it along with Palette did go all the way to remove the sex scenes in which the latter sounds like Palette want to have it on Steam, and turned out my guess is right. Too bad though that there's no sex scenes for each heroines in here considering that this is pretty much fandisc (Which usually has some risky fan service), but I understand that I should be thankful that Palette didn't do what Laplacian did.

For the elaboration in regard of Nine series, it has plot and while Palette here is more experienced with good looking moege/charage thanks to Tsubasu's art the writer here (Kazuki Fumi) is more experienced in writing mystery plot VN (The examples are Nanairo and Kimagure), so yeah Nine here has some plot with one of the plot point may remind you of a certain VN. New Episode here is like I say is pretty much the fandisc and obviously will have high number of spoiler from previous episodes, so you shouldn't play this if you still not finished previous four VNs yet. In the end I can say that at least the fandisc here is a good epilogue for Nine series.

Edited by littleshogun

I know that this is all age VN in the first place, and what I'd say is more like that too bad Palette decided to didn't add the sex scenes in the fandisc considering that Tsubasu's art here is quite good along with that it's quite contrary to usual fandisc in that usually it ramped up the sex scenes number compared to the main game. In the end though the lack of the sex scenes didn't matter much, and once again I know that I should be thankful that Palette didn't pull the same trick that Laplacian did in which they released Aojashin 18+ version first only to have the sex scenes of it removed for the overseas release.

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

9 nine New Episode is all-ages, an adult version doesn't exist thus there was no adult content to remove.

This. And I guess for Palette, they rather aimed for consoles than for Steam itself - they created all-ages complete edition, which they released for PC, while PS4 and Switch releases are scheduled for June.

BTW Steam version of Nine (Ep. 1-4) is more censored than complete edition, and, as I mentioned in my review, while I really liked the complete edition, I think Steam version removes too much.

Edited by adamstan

8 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

How so? Is it because it has no Sprite Mode?

Not only that, there were also some scenes and graphics missing.

Details below:

On 9/21/2021 at 9:27 PM, adamstan said:

First two episodes seem to be almost the same, but there are some major differences in Haruka's route. I'll list what I spotted below under spoiler tags:

• Episode 3 (Haruka's route)
  Reveal hidden contents
  • The CG for the scene where Kakeru influenced by Haruka's power pushes her on the bed and starts touching her breasts is missing (replaced with white screen) and the text also seems to be shortened.
  • Even though the text mentions Haruka wearing Kakeru's shirt, there's no sprite with her wearing a shirt - instead the one with her normal clothes is used. In the later scene, where she gives Kakeru a lap pillow after unbuttoning the shirt, it is also text-only in Steam edition, while in Complete Edition there's actually sprite variant with the unbuttoned shirt (in adult version there was a h-scene with boob sucking)
    9nine-haruka1.jpg
    9nine-haruka2.jpg
    (Yes, those are the screens from the "All Ages" version :P - but I guess Steam wouldn't allow that)
  • The scene with the two getting together in a bath has been completely removed from Sekai's all-ages version, while in the Complete Edition it's intact.

So that means 2 CGs, one scene and one sprite version missing.

• Episode 4 (Noa's route)
  Reveal hidden contents
  • The CG of Noa playing with cats got sligthly cropped to exclude panties area ;)
  • The CG of Noa and Kakeru cuddling together naked (wrapped up in a blanket) got removed, and replaced with a Noa's sprite (wearing a shirt) against bedroom background

OTOH the CG with dying Noa in Kakeru's arms is more bloody in the Steam edition - but the only difference is that there are more red bloodstains on their clothes.

Also, Complete Edition adds Sprite Viewer feature in the gallery menu, that Sekai/Denpasoft versions don't have.

Edited by adamstan

5 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I see that you meant it as the Steam version before you apply the 18+ patch here, because I thought that we may have Nine English version is more censored compared to console version even after apply 18+ patch. So my bad for the misunderstanding here.

Yes, I compared the all-ages versions. Of course after applying the +18 patch Sekai/Denpasoft edition is the same as Palette's adult version.

Another difference is resolution - Palette's complete edition is 1080p. But that's also only for all-ages - they didn't make +18 complete edition at all. So all +18 editions and Steam all-ages edition are 720p only.

Edited by adamstan