Ange's Top 10 Favorite Common Routes

And i dont enter threads to read mean spirited and pointless posts. Ignore and move on if it doesnt interest you. 

I for one agree with most of your choices. They're pretty good. Although Suki suki for me isn't funny at all. Wish it was, but the humor is too immature

7 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

And i dont enter threads to read mean spirited and pointless posts. Ignore and move on if it doesnt interest you. 

I for one agree with most of your choices. They're pretty good. Although Suki suki for me isn't funny at all. Wish it was, but the humor is too immature

I welcome savage comments like his tbh. 

At least I know who doesn't care about my videos.

8 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

I welcome savage comments like his tbh. 

At least I know who doesn't care about my videos.

It's not that we don't care about your videos, or the content. But it seems that the only use of this forum to you is to shill your stuff, rather then engage us. You could have linked to your video and typed out your top ten common routes here, for people who don't have time to watch a bloated video. Instead you want us to leave the forums, watch your video (which genuinely, I appreciate that you put time into) , and then direct all discussion to your comments section instead. That doesn't benefit the forums in anyway, only you. 

Now I get it, these forums are a bit of a necropolis. I can understand why you wouldn't want to put effort into genuinely engaging us. But as a long time user of these forums, it does irk me a bit that you don't even put 5 minutes into making it a genuine forum discussion.

2 hours ago, Zalor said:

You could have linked to your video and typed out your top ten common routes here, for people who don't have time to watch a bloated video.

(...)

But as a long time user of these forums, it does irk me a bit that you don't even put 5 minutes into making it a genuine forum discussion.

Yeah, I'm also sad to see the forum die - and turning it into nothing more than an annoucement board for YT vids seems to be just another nail in the coffin :(  I agree with @Zalor, and I think I already wrote something similar under your other video topic, @NowItsAngeTime - I don't mind your videos, but I wish you'd care a bit more about forum - it's okay to post your video, but please also write proper post with a summary at least...

I'd really hate to see this forum completely die, since it's the only vn community I'm comfortable to engage with - reddit's and especially discord's format is absolutely not for me - they're too fast-paced and chaotic.

(I browse threads on r/visualnovels from time to time, but I feel too intimidated by it to even try to write anything there...)

Edited by adamstan

Thanks for the feedback.

Now with that said...

• If people want discussion topics, why don't they make them themselves? There's rarely people making new topics these days. We don't even get Discussion topics for all the new VNs anymore. A lot of regulars are sticking to blog posts it seems
  • If we're talking about FuwaNovel being a dying site, maybe they should do something besides be that one site+forum that used to hold illegal downloads publicly, then having people not use it anymore when the illegal DLs weren't around anymore.

18 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Now with that said...

• If people want discussion topics, why don't they make them themselves? There's rarely people making new topics these days. We don't even get Discussion topics for all the new VNs anymore. A lot of regulars are sticking to blog posts it seems
  • If we're talking about FuwaNovel being a dying site, maybe they should do something besides be that one site+forum that used to hold illegal downloads publicly, then having people not use it anymore when the illegal DLs weren't around anymore.

I was mostly just explaining the sentiment behind mitchhamilton's comment, since it seemed to have been misunderstood a bit. As you mentioned, given the state of these forums there really isn't any objective harm to dumping video links (at this point in time). But it does kind of break an unwritten rule of forum culture. As opposed to Reddit which is basically solely focused on whatever topic a particular subreddit is about, and seems to be pretty accepting of self promotion. Forums always balanced that with a communal aspect. Hence why people like Solidbatman and other once prominent members here didn't even read that many VNs. They stayed more for the community. In that context there is nothing wrong with self promotion either, but it should ideally be framed in a way that has the community in mind first.

But as @adamstan said, it's just a sentimental nail in the coffin. You're not wrong, and these sentiments brushed aside your posts are one of the few things that still bring some vitality to these forums. I just wanted to explain that when people make sarcastic remarks like that, it's not that they have anything against you or your content. But they are softly pointing out that you're breaking an unspoken rule a bit. But when the place is a ghost town it doesn't matter much anyway lol 

On 3/5/2022 at 3:24 PM, Stormwolf said:

wasnt meant spirited at all just letting em know. and the topic did interest me but im not gonna sit through a video to learn about it.

as for making my own topics for discussions, as ange suggested, ive been on the site for 8 years. ive seen and created topics on various different subject matters and kind of ran out of ideas on what to create. so when a topic comes up thats personal to someone and makes me curious only to learn its a video, again on a site that is mostly in written form on top of focusing on visual novels its like eh.

you enticed me with something but i lost interest immediately when i saw how its presented. and yeah, it seems common that you create a topic and its only in video form.

What I can say? Let's just say that I believe the forum here should be the meeting place for the people with similar interest (In Fuwanovel's case it's VNs), and even if you don't approve the method of the topic (Through the video instead of written post) it shouldn't matter much as long as the OP show the interest in VNs seeing that it's still the contents only with different form (To me at least). Also if you feel afraid that people will discuss it on Youtube (Which I can see where it come from), then I would suggest you to just post something that was related to the topic in here (ie you can say what kind of VN that has your favorite common route if you have it and didn't want to watch the video).

PS - As for the topic itself, what I can say is that Bokuten's common route here is essentially what I initially expect from Yurirei in which it has 'Couple of the Chapter' format. Too bad that the author has some peculiar view in romance there, but at least Overdrive here has a good idea in regard of common route of Bokuten there.

Edited by littleshogun