Visual Novel Monthly Recap - February 2022 News (ft. Evenicle 2 + Hoshi Ori Perfect)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the belated comment, and let's see what I can comment in regard of February 2022 news here.

• The less we talk about Aojashin and several of it's shenanigans on Reddit, the better. That said though this can be a big news of February if only Laplacian didn't release it like what Pulltop did with both of Konosora and Miagete. Granted the combination lack of money and that Sol Press being evasive in regard of the payment led Laplacian to be desperate to have it released on Steam, but obviously the main writer's style of communication here leaves a lot to be desire. In any case, at least there's uncensor patch that add the sex scenes along with translate the sex scenes for the first case and revert the first case setting to high school setting, so with this one censorship was already dealt with (Now if only there's someone who willingly to translate the rest of the sex scenes).
  • Hoshiori Perfect Edition is looks nice with the additional scenario from the all age version, so we can say that it should be a good addition if one already played Hoshiori. Also the naming bug is already resolved, so you can pick this if you want to play Perfect Edition of Hoshiori if you've been waiting for it, although of course there's nothing stopped you if you still chose to pick the original version for some reasons (Such as want to save HDD seeing that the Perfect Edition spent 12 GB on HDD).
  • Good for Phantom Trigger fans I suppose now that they got the finale of it in the 8th volume was released, and if anything else at least Frontwing finally announce Hatsumira in English after they teased it several times by posting some CG from it on their twitter. Speaking of finally, we also finally have Daybreak (Tokeijikake second part of the trilogy) released, and here's hoping that Sekai won't need 51 months to release Morning Mist (The last part of Tokeijikae trilogy) later, although to be fair the long wait between the first part and Daybreak release is caused by the engine that was quite hard to worked on.
  • Sekai Project has another catgirl VN, although my interest is more on the graphic in which while it seems redundant thing to say because that kind of VN obviously depend on the graphic to attract the reader, the staffs behind Eushully VNs are the one who work on it so you may find the heroine drawing is very similar to some of Eushully VNs. In fact, the blue haired heroine did remind me of Kuna from Amayui Labyrinth Meister. In any case, obviously I won't expect the story like Eushully VNs seeing that it's premise leaning toward slice of life, and that it'll have more than one part seeing that the title has the word 'Volume 1'.
  • Since Aojashin release is quite troubled, the big release to me instead goes to Evenicle 2 in which it's the first attempt of Alicesoft did try to localize it by themselves. Also Alicesoft here is very responsive in regard of the critic after their work on censorship (That they did for nothing) caused some controversy, and for the info the full version of Evenicle 2 here is not censored. Anyway the gameplay is still the same, although the story here has more science fiction element compared to the first one which make sense seeing that Alicesoft did took name reference from the big three of sci-fi writer (Heinlein, Asimov, and Clarke). Also while the gameplay is still the same, Alicesoft here did remove the ability to use item in battle and give all of the healing role to the MC (Including the removal of HP recovery item) so some boss fight in here can be quite rough compared to the first game. All in all I can say that Evenicle 2 here is a nice addition even though I did think that it's an unnecessary addition when it's first announced.

That's all for what I can say in regard of February 2022 VN news.

Edited by littleshogun