Their mouth is not moving

Hideyasu

Hello, I'm currently translating a Visual Novel called Sousaku Kanojo no Renai Koushiki.

ICYDK, in this VN, usually the character's mouth are moving while talking. But the problem is, when I changed the character's names into romaji, their mouth was not moving at all. I was wondering if anyone here know how to make their mouth moving again without keep the character names in Kanji/Hiragana. 

Here are the examples of the problem:

https://i.ibb.co/23cvm6m/moth.gif (Name still in hiragana, mouth was moving)

https://i.ibb.co/ryBy47G/nomos.gif (Name changed into romaji, mouth was not moving)

Thank you and have a great time! ^^

My guess would be that the engine looks at the name of the character who is speaking in the script, and then searches for that name in a list of character speaking animations that is stored somewhere else. If it cannot find an entry in the list called "Chinami." then it just won't play anything. If I'm right, you'll have to hunt for a list of these speaking animations and make sure the entries match the romaji names you are using in your translation. It might be at the bottom of the script you're working on, or it might be its own separate text file. It might also just be searching in a folder of speaking animations by name, but that seems less likely to me.

Or I could be totally wrong about all of this, who knows?

Okay so... Someone was told me about how to fix this problem and it totally worked!

Just change the character's names on "game_setting.tjs' and "plugin_mouth.ks" inside "alter" folder in data.xp3. I don't know if you can only change the "plugin_mouth.ks" one since I do both at that time.

That's it.

Thank you