Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2021

littleshogun

Time for Getchu Award 2021, and the winner is Sousaku Kanojo. Also here's all 20 VNs that get the award below, and you can view the source from this link.

1. Sousaku Kanojo no Ren'ai Koushiki - Aino+Links

51386.jpg

Spoiler

Our protagonist, Toshiki Kagami, is headed to Tokyo, where he will begin living with his cousin and her family. Unbeknownst to others, he harbors a desire within himself.

He wants to rekindle that creative spark he all but lost now.

He had a childhood friend, Aisa Ayase. They were two peas in a pod, always competing against each other, seeing who could create better stories. However, as they grew older, their thoughts and mindset slowly started differing more and more from each other. In the end, Aisa moved with her family to Tokyo.

The now separated Aisa and Toshiki would still send letters to each other, talking about their current lives and, of course, sending each other stories for the other to read. However, once the prospect of entering high school drew ever so closer, the letters from Aisa all but disappeared.

Nonetheless, Toshiki continued writing stories, making doujin games and eventually, he would debut with his first commercial light novel.

And while the cultivation of his creative prowess was growing steadily, he hit a slump half a year ago. And so, he postulated that perhaps spending time with similarly aged creators would help him break free of his slump. Steeling himself, Toshiki enrolled in Saika Private Academy, a school designed for creators to gather in one space.

With that, spring rolls around and Toshiki is in Tokyo, ready to start his new school life. And it is there that he reunites with Aisa once more.

2. Happy Live, Show Up! - FAVORITE

44993.jpg

Spoiler

The long, harsh Russian winter had ended, and Spring was in the air.

On one particular day, Laikask Academy second-year Akito Yukihara was walking down the street when he stumbled upon a crying lost child. He decided to help the child find her parents, and was joined by Sofia Tulina, who happened to be present at the scene. Also, to get the child to stop crying, he put on a small magic show for her.

After reuniting the child with her parents, Sofia turned to Akito and said:
"Would you teach me how to use magic?! I want to be like you!"

He agreed to teach her, a fellow Laikask Academy student, until they could find a proper teacher. Then, while the two of them were practicing magic in a local park, they ran into a girl named Roo Mao, who was doing a street performance.

"Let's put on a show together!" she said.

In this country, street performances were called "shows."
At Roo's suggestion, the two joined her and all three of them entered the upcoming tournament for performers.
Will they be able to accrue enough members to form their troupe by the day of the tournament?
And will Sofia be able to learn magic?

"Happy Live, Show Up!"
This is a tale of these friends and their quest to shine brighter than the sun.

3. Meikei no Lupercalia - Uguisu Kagura

49831.jpg

Spoiler

"There is only one method to equal gods.
It's to become cruel like gods."
Salvador Dali

A prodigious young actress passed away.
At the end of the magnificent play, the highly esteemed girl found a kernel of truth.

Years pass and spring arrives.
In a freshman welcoming party, a certain program will catch the protagonist Sewa Tamaki's eye.

"Welcome to the Lampyris Troupe!"

A guerilla public performance that would be held by a student theatre group.
The protagonist, once debuted as a child prodigy but now left the path of the theatre arts, indulged in nostalgic memories.

"Let's peek in for a bit"

An irrational story born out of curiosity.
Once the curtain for the tale unfolds, it probably won't stop until the very end.

An airhead girl who loves to act, Kakehashi Kohaku.
Theatre arts' poster child, Nionomiya Meguri.
A net idol currently rising in popularity, Amatsuka Nanana.
The girl working behind-the-scenes who gave up acting, Hakadori Rize.

"Let's make it the best play!"

They would perform a public play based on Norse mythology entitled "Philia".
While bathed under the dazzling spotlight, they who dance the tale are beautiful.

The white hair with red eyes leads the way.
To a convenient conclusion for you.

4. Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Isekai Chou Ero ♥ Succubus Gakuen! - Milk Factory

Spoiler

45416.jpg

Spoiler

In order to satisfy his sexual desires, the protagonist attempted to summon a succubus. When he began the ritual, he and his childhood friend ended up in a large communal bath at a succubus academy in another world! In Farench Deshka Girls' Academy, the succubus have boobs that have grown to the brim with milk and perfect bodily proportions. Our protagonist was summoned to this world by the director of the school who held a summon gacha on her own to save the school. The "erotic deviation score" of the school is too low. Therefore the government of Lilingard, the country of succubus in the world of Yggdrasil, is closing the school in one year. In order to save the school, the succubi must become more lewd and raise the erotic deviation score. To ease his dismay, the director grants him the succubus skill "Sex Scouter" which unlocks a vast amount of "Erotic Skills" that makes him surpass majin-level.

With the school's fate on the line, our protagonist has no choice but to become the legendary hero. And with the help of his erotic magic book that he received without permission, he will be able to save the succubus school. With this spellbook and new skills, it is now possible to conquer this school and become invincible in this world. It's time to rebuild the succubus school and build a succubus harem!

5. Monkeys!! - Harukaze

50974.jpg

Spoiler

The protagonist Saruyoshi, a delinquent attending an all-boys school, will attend a ladies' all-girls school as Julia to save his alma mater from being closed down.

In the neighboring town from his current school lies the tall and proud Garasunomiya Girls' School. Ever since the Taishō Era, even now are distinguished daughters of noble families currently enrolled there. In other words, it is an ultra-prestigious ladies' all-girls school.

And transforming this ultra-prestigious school into a coeducational institution is the sole means to save the all-boys school. So to protect his school filled with memories with his mates, Saruyoshi, with the aid of a refined young lady of a noble family Tsukishima Karasu, enrolled alone in the ladies' all-girls school to improve the optics surrounding males.

With the extensive use of the boons of delinquency to solve the young ladies' problems, the protagonist slowly becomes the heartthrob of his new school! On the other hand, since Saruyoshi is also refining his feminine grace and dignity, the guys also developed the hots for him?! With the goal of a symbiotic integration between men and women, this is a slapstick love comedy set in the ladies' all-girls school!

6. Kunado Kokuki - Purple Software

49857.jpg

Spoiler

One day, metals have gained a will and randomly began to attack humanity all over the world―――

Without knowing the cause, all the civilization and history on the earth were destroyed, and mankind has been hit by unprecedented catastrophes for about 1,000 years.

Humans drastically reduced their numbers and managed to survive while resisting the attack against the metal with will Tekki.

Many of the remaining humans have awakened to their supernatural powers, and devoted themselves to the days of battle. Meanwhile, a girl named Natsuhime, one of the warriors belonging to the frontier country of Kanto, defeats Kurokami, the greatest threat of Tetsuoni.

The people of Kanto who survived are shaken and rejoices the disappearance of a thousand-year-old threat to human existence.

This story revolves around the boy Shin, who has no memory of being found in the remains of Kurokami after the battle. It is a story of mankind's revival and how it reconstructs history from the former civilization that humans lost to Kurokami.

7. Nee Nee Nee - Atelier Kaguya

Spoiler

47950.jpg

Spoiler

The protagonist is a short student with a baby face for his age, he has always been pampered and teased by his cousin, Takasu Yoshika, the dentist in charge of his dental maintenance, Amamiya Imari, and the massage parlor attendant, Nagaoka Rito. However, it is discovered that Imari and Rito are actually trying to monopolize Takashi and take away his chastity.

After finding out the truth Yoshika tries to protect her cousin, while Imari and Rito are trying to make him their own.

The battle for the main character between the strong and naughty ladies begins.

8. Omoide Kakaete Ai ni Koi!! - Hooksoft

47768.jpg

Spoiler

Spring, the season of encounters and partings. It's spring break, and Sakawa Haruki is about to go into 3rd grade.

His childhood friend group includes: Kuriyama Tomari, Tokorozawa Iku, and Sugou Chisato. 2 new girls just joined the group: Harunohara Yuuna, who lives in the next town over, and Nishitani Shizuru, who just moved into the neighborhood.

Ironically, at the same time these 2 girls joined, Haruki had to move away from home and his childhood friends.

During spring many years later, Haruki's father gets transferred to work overseas. Haruki decides to stay in Japan to concentrate on university entrance exams, and ends up living in an apartment owned by a relative. This apartment happens to be in the same town where he parted from his childhood friends.

Thus, the rails of fate cause Haruki and his childhood friends to meet once again.

Haruki was worried that the girls wouldn't accept him in the group like they did in the past, but despite the long gap, they were happy to see him and welcomed him back warmly. However, the fact that these girls have grown into beautiful women has caused Haruki to feel more embarrassed than happy.

As they reminisce about the past, filling in the blanks between the time they parted, he'll get to know them and perhaps enter into a relationship with one of them...

9. 9-nine- Shinshou - Palette

46093.jpg

Spoiler

This is a standalone version of the "New Episode" chapter added in 9-nine- Complete Edition. The new episode ties up the loose ends from the previous 4 chapters, and contains after stories for each heroine (the scenario part totals about 230kb). It contains 10 CGs.

10. Waga Himegimi ni Eikan o - Minato Soft

Spoiler

50051.jpg

Spoiler

The protagonist, Shaon who grew up in a remote area, taught a technique called Tenken by his teacher.

The teacher hopes that Shaon will pass on his abilities to his descendants.
When he is old enough, he needs to left his home to find a bride.
How you live your life, who will you marry? It all depends on your choice.

11. Yubisaki Connection - Hooksoft

44757.jpg

Spoiler

Nurture your love through a messaging app--

This is a work in which the heroine and the deepening of your relationship are enjoyed with the help of a messaging app.

Get the contact information of the girl you are interested in,
Have conversations through the app and get to know each other,
Make date arrangements...

Enjoy a thrilling game of love that fully utilizes the unique elements of messaging apps with the same romance that you know and love from previous HOOKSOFT titles.

We placed a strong emphasis on capturing the thrill that only a messaging app can give you during the course of a relationship!

Talk late into the night, just the two of you...
Unexpectedly receive a message asking for advice,
"I'm in the bath..." Have moments when you can get a glimpse into her life,
And times when she doesn't reply for a long time...

A game of love between two people using a messaging app.
Enjoy a romance with the heroine that feels more "real" than ever before!

12. Madohi Shiroki no Kamikakushi - Lump of Sugar

45492.jpg

Spoiler

One day during winter.
It all started with a flickering mirror inside a certain house.

From that flickering mirror came out Roka, a girl with fox ears.
The protagonist, Takuto, and his younger sister, Shiina, threw themselves in to the mirror following Roka, and wandered into "the other side."

In there was a world similar but still different to the human world.
Spirits, demons and all other sorts of non-human beings, a world of gods.

"Welcome to the hidden world of the gods"

Mikoto, the otherworldly girl with rabbit ears.
Chiyo, the tsukumogami running a teahouse.
Roka and her mom, the nine-tailed foxes.
Shiina, who got spirited away together with her brother.

Takuto will work together with these girls to find a way back home, but...
Through these intereactions, he will learn the true nature of gods, and about secrets between siblings.

Humans and gods, 2 worlds, 4 girls.
He stands in the snowy land of the gods, and wonders-

"Where do you belong?"

13. Role Player: Okayu Shimai no Nenmaku Portrait - Gurigucha Live! - Akabeisoft2

Spoiler

46582.jpg

-

14. Venus Blood HOLLOW International - Dual Tail

Spoiler

21368.jpg

-

15. Amayui Labyrinth Meister - Eushully

Spoiler

45515.jpg

Spoiler

After a great adventure over the giant moving weapon ‘Gualacuna Fortress’ Avaro finally acquires a workshop he once dreamed of, but fortress can not move on its own anymore with the magic in its core lost. One day a ghost of the fortress appear, Fia calls her "Kuna" and welcomes to the family. However, spirit is constantly worried about magic anomality on the north-eastern border. So our heroes decide to spend honeymoon investigating the source of trouble.

16. Homestay A La Mode - Atelier Kaguya HonkyTonk Pumpkin

Spoiler

49074.jpg

Spoiler

Three super cute foreign girls came to our school! Long live the exchange student system! I was so excited, but then I found out that their homestay was going to be at my house...

No, no, no, this can't be happening!

On top of that, one of them had to share a room with me!

It was a sudden turn of events, without regard to my privacy. Thus the occasional impure cross-cultural exchange began.

17. Yukiiro Sign - Wonder Fool

51667.jpg

Spoiler

A story about the coming days in the winter.

The city of Minami-Ose is one of the places where it snows the most every winter in Japan and has one of the lowest population densities in Japan. With the first snowfall in the last few decades, I have noticed that something is going to change. But I’m not sure if I’m really capable of preparing for such a change.

Winter is only about two months away.
Munefuyu Hazome’s spends his daily life with his friends.

There's his childhood friend, Nakoso Miku, who is quite serious, quiet and a bit timid, but has a good heart. There's also the foreign student from Russia, Svetlana Gurchenko or nicknamed (“Sve”), who is shy and but also quite assertive. Then there's Takahagi Kako, his long forgotten childhood friend who moved away long ago and transferred back recently. And finally there's his closest and most understanding childhood friend, Usuki Hironaka.

This is the story of the wonders of everyday life in the winter.
This is the story of a time that is not long, and not light.

This is a winter for the future and the past.

18. Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai - Perfect Edition - tone work's

31852.jpg

-

19. D.C.4 ~Da Capo 4~ Fortunate Departures - Circus

43772.jpg

Spoiler

A direct sequel to DC4 that tells after stories with the heroines.

The player will once again assume the role of Ichito Tokisaka, a student at Kagami Academy who will enjoy the Kagasai autumn festival with the girlfriend he fell in love with last Spring. The available heroines in this visual novel are Arisu Sagisawa, Nino Tokisaka (Ichito’s stepsister), Sorane Oumi, Hiyori Shirakawa, Shiina Hojo, Miu Mishima, and Chiyoko Hinohara.

20. Fuyukara, Kururu - Silky's Plus

47724.jpg

Spoiler

"Eh?
What do you mean that Shihon-chan might die?
Eeh? Shihon-chan's head has gone missing?"

It seems Shihon-chan's headless body was found in the meditation room.

"B-but, the neck can still be reattached within 48 hours right?
Eh? The head can't be found!?
S-somebody hid it? And you don't know who? B-but that's..."

A murder isn't unusual.
After all, there's at least one bloodthirsty killer at school.

Murdering people is fine and all but it's considered a taboo that must be never violated to decapitate and hide their head.

Because one can never be revived if so.
I can't believe someone resented Shihon-chan enough to kill her in a way that would prevent her from being revived.

If her head isn't found within two days, she'll really kick the bucket!

That's a reality I absolutely refuse!
Now's not the time to cry or be confused!

There should be something that I am capable of!

"That's something I haven't done yet but... I-I!"

I'll find Shihon-chan's head without fail!

"Say hello to the great detective, me!"

A boarding system school isolated from the outside world.

--And there do the immortal girls live.

The time it takes for them to become an adult is the same time it takes for them to deage and become a baby, they grow up until they become an adult once more and then do they deage again⁠—a cycle that's being repeated.

There's only one condition in order to graduate from school.
One needed to be deemed a prodigy by someone observing from the outside.
The moment that verdict be handed down, the girl's graduation would be recognized and she would disappear from school.

The immortal girls' peaceful school life would be greatly disturbed by a certain murder case.

Why are the girls immortal?
Why do they grow up and then age backwards?
How long were they locked up inside the school?
Why can they be resuscitated even if their heads are decapitated?
What happens to girls who were never deemed a prodigy?
What is happening in the outside world?
Why are there only girls?
Where are the males?
What does it mean to die?
What does it mean to live?
What is life?

For what purpose does life exist?

--the key to this case is a needle.

Wool needle. Knitting needle. Sewing machine needle.
Silk needle. Pongee needle. Gas needle.
Futon needle. Western-style clothes needle. Bait needle.
Marking needle. T-Pin. Triangular leather needle.

It is the needle that would weave the immortal girls' death.

Once again there's additional awards for each categories, and here's the categories awards below.

• Best Scenario: Meikei no Lupercalia
  • Best Game System: Senkou no Clarias
  • Best Graphic: Kunado Kokuki
  • Best Soundtrack: Happy Live, Show Up!
  • Best Movie: Sousaku Kanojo no Ren'ai Koushiki
  • Best Character: Ayase Aisa from Sousaku Kanojo no Ren'ai Koushiki
  • Best Erotic Contents: Motto! Haramase! Honoo no Oppai Isekai Chou Ero ♥ Succubus Gakuen!

I'll try to comment more on this later on, but if I may something right now it's quite convenient that we have Hollow available in English and that we just got Hoshiori Perfect Edition full translation patch two days ago so at least we already have two title already in English (Coincidentally both of the title are actually re-release). Also I know that I wrote 'Best System' at one of the category in the last year list, although now that I look at it actually the full sentence mean 'Best Game System' so I decided to translate it as such (By the way I'm quite surprised that Clarias is the one that won the award instead of Amayui Labyrinth Meister, but perhaps it mean that GIGA can still make some nice gameplay there).

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, Kirashi said:

How do you scroll the years you want to see? I picked 2011 in the bar as a test and the scrolling bar disapeared

Late for the answer. Anyway if you're need to scroll the year, well no other choice other than press Back button seeing that the scrolling bar will disappear after you select the year that you want to see.

Anyway as for my belated comment in regard of Getchu Awards 2021, let's see what I can write below.

• As for Sousaku Kanojo, I can only say that the plot is resembling Your Lie in April anime with G-Senjou artist did the character design, although her design is quite different compared to her past works.
  • Currently we also have fan translation project for Lupercalia, although I wonder if the translator will manage to finish it later. Anyway Lupercalia itself is about theater club, so naturally there'll be a lot of dramatic scenes.
  • I suppose I can also said that FAVORITE did an effort to write Happy Show Life in Russian setting, although obviously the staffs didn't do enough research on Russia according to one of the review. I understand though that it's not like the staffs would have enough budget and time to do thorough research on Russia anyway, and Nekonyan here may not have enough budget to localize this yet even with them just took over Irotoridori license.
  • Fuyukara Kururu is the last of Kururu tetralogy with the writer decided to had female MC, and it's not like I can put my hope to Sekai to translate it seeing that they still can't get the first part (Harukuru) released anyway even though I think that it would be nice to have it in English.
  • It would be nice if Nekonyan somehow decide to localize two of Hooksoft VNs (Aikoi and Yubisaki), although I may hope too much. Then again, I said that both of Royale and Kakenuke are good choice to be localized by Nekonyan, and here we are saw Nekonyan picked both with Royale was already released in English.
  • Seeing that Majikoi's sales apparently not enough for S to be localized, I suppose I should give up on hoping that JAST someday would localize Wagahime even though it's looking nice with interesting premise.
  • Harukaze did announce that they'll localize Monkeys, although until now it's still a mystery on when they'll release it, or if the release will be uncensored or not, and also whether they'll ask Shiravune's help. What I know is that it's another trap MC VN with the MC is formerly a delinquent who enter all girl school, and there'll be a lot of comedy like Noraneko.
  • I did suspect that Purple Software will localize Kunado sometimes in the future, as seen with on how they put less effort on the sex scenes (Some did criticize that they use the same pose from their previous VNs), that it only has less sex scenes (For comparison Amatsutsumi has 22, Aoi Tori has 25, and Kunado only has 13 with five of those are additional scenes so effectively it only has 8 sex scenes), and that it has no explicit school uniform, so it's more likely that Purple Software did prepare in case Steam will easily ban their VN, although in the end it's just my speculation. That aside, Kunado here has post apocalypse setting with the civilization back to ancient Japanese level, so in a way it's resemble Utawarerumono to a degree.
  • I did try Nine Shinshou, and while it's a nice VN to read after finishing Nine tetralogy overall we can say that it's like fandisc instead of full sequel (Even though it also resolve the remaining plot thread that was foreshadowing in Episode 4 finale). Good to see that Sekai did manage to release this quickly, so now we have all Nine VNs are translated. Oh yes both of the writer and the director of the quintology (Or tetralogy if you thought Shinshou as FD only) now working on Criminal Border in which it's new Purple Software VN, and let's just say that I need to get use to the art seeing that it's not usual Purple Software art.
  • I thought that Amayui 2 here is sort of unnecessary sequel seeing that the first Amayui is conclusive enough with 2 here has Avaro asked to help another country, although it's still has nice gameplay with Eushully here did tweak a lot of gameplay with the end result that it's easy to make a overpowered team to break the game (They nerf several of the skills though). Oh yes Depravity did release the translation patch for this, although beware that it's MTL (You can download the patch here if you're curious and want to try it).

That's all for what I can say in regard of my belated comment on Getchu 2021.

Edited by littleshogun