Newfriend here

Fredo Kruger

Hello and Salaam to everyone on the fuwanovel forums. I've been reading VNs since 2014-ish but only got really into them again in the last few years when I started reading Umineko (which I still haven't finished orz). I'm particularly interested in the history and literary aspects of VNs as well since it's a tragically unrecognized literary tradition by the vast majority of academics, despite their global impact across multiple generations. I've never worked on a VN but I have worked on some RPG Maker games as a writer and musician, and I do hope to utilize the Visual Novel medium for my work eventually. Peace and love.

Hey, welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see new people here!

5 hours ago, Fredo Kruger said:

I'm particularly interested in the history and literary aspects of VNs as well since it's a tragically unrecognized literary tradition by the vast majority of academics, despite their global impact across multiple generations. 

Interesting that you should mention that and phrase it in that way. It was actually from sharing those same exact thoughts that led me to make this video:

13 hours ago, Zalor said:

Hey, welcome to the forums! It's always nice to see new people here!

Interesting that you should mention that and phrase it in that way. It was actually from sharing those same exact thoughts that led me to make this video:

This is a great video thank you for sharing it with me! I especially enjoyed your comparisons of VNs and modernist literature and your analysis of the visual composition of Narcissu.

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and nice to see that all of new users here like to read Umineko (There's nothing wrong with it of course, just something that I noticed). I also happen to have some interest with VN history, although my interest here is lies on VN localization history and what is the best VNs that we have it translated at each year (That's why I made a lists that comprised top 10 translated VNs at each year, although I admit that some of my choices are quite subjective). Lastly I hope that you'll have fun in here.

Edited by littleshogun