Jump to content

Island VN Ending Questions (Spoiler Alert)


Recommended Posts

During the True ending...   

Spoiler

there are two Rinnes right? How is this possible?
I  can understand that Adult Rinne is from Ice Age but Who is the other Rinne?
Who is the other Rinne's Father?

Spoiler

Who is the setsuna in Other Rinne's Before Timeskip timeline? Is he a normal boy? 



FHydRv4VIAA4Fd4?format=jpg&name=small

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

The person known as Ohara Kuon is actually Rinne from the ice age.  Rinne from this age is the daughter of Setsuna and Rinne.  The Setsuna that Rinne from this age remembers (the one whose skeleton is found at the end of Rinne's route) is the son of Ohara Norimasa and Ohara Kuon (the heads of the Ohara household prior to their deaths).

If I worded any of that poorly or you have other questions, let me know.  I read the novel a second time a few months back, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The person known as Ohara Kuon is actually Rinne from the ice age.  Rinne from this age is the daughter of Setsuna and Rinne.  The Setsuna that Rinne from this age remembers (the one whose skeleton is found at the end of Rinne's route) is the son of Ohara Norimasa and Ohara Kuon (the heads of the Ohara household prior to their deaths).

If I worded any of that poorly or you have other questions, let me know.  I read the novel a second time a few months back, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind.

Thanks for Replying 🥰❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Rinne (from Summer arcs) is the daughter of Setsuna (the protagonist) and Rinne (from Winter arcs).  Setsuna (the protagonist) and Rinne (from the Winter arc) did not live together prior to Rinne's (from the Summer arcs) conception; they had sex one time near the end of the winter arc which resulted in Rinne (from the Summer arcs) being conceived.  Sorry that I worded that poorly the first time.

Interestingly, during the Summer arcs, at one point Rinne (from the Winter arc, presenting as Ohara Kuon) mentions that she's only had sex once, implying she remained faithful to Setsuna (the protagonist) despite not knowing whether or not they'd ever meet again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GXOALMD said:
Spoiler

implying she remained faithful to Setsuna (the protagonist)

 

Spoiler

This is the reason Rinne got angry at setsuna Second time huh. Now I understand clearly.


Thanks for Clearing the doubt.❤️🥰

Spoiler

Did Rinne from Winter arc know that Setsuna(without memories) is his Setsuna ( winter arc ) from the beginning of the game?
If she knew then why did she allow Setsuna to marry her daughter Rinne? ( Midsummer ending)

 

Edited by Rahman N
Forgot to Add spoiler Option :(
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I'm honestly not entirely sure about that.  My best guess is that she was not sure and that the choices you make during midsummer are what cause her to decide whether or not she thinks Setsuna is the same person.  Even my second time through the novel, the fact that that ending exists is bizarre to me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2022 at 3:31 AM, GXOALMD said:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Even my second time through the novel, the fact that that ending exists is bizarre to me.

 

 

Spoiler

I Have another doubt. During Daughter Rinne;s first ending Setsuna will go with Kuon to That sleeping machine Right? That machine only transfers people to Future via some cryogenic sleeping technology I presume. Then how Setsuna was able to Loop again and again? Mother Rinne and Setsuna are from the past(Ice age to be accurate). How is setsuna able to loop with this anomaly(Only past to future time machine is there). 

Thanks for Replying. 

Edited by Rahman N
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rahman N said:
  Hide contents

I Have another doubt. During Daughter Rinne;s first ending Setsuna will go with Kuon to That sleeping machine Right? That machine only transfers people to Future via some cryogenic sleeping technology I presume. Then how Setsuna was able to Loop again and again? Mother Rinne and Setsuna are from the past(Ice age to be accurate). How is setsuna able to loop with this anomaly(Only past to future time machine is there). 

Thanks for Replying. 

Spoiler

There is a time reset. After a certain amount of time passes, everything is reset. The winter arc takes place in 20,016 AD, the Summer arcs take place in 1999. I think Kuon knew for a while as she was flirting with Setsuna in her notes she passed him. When asking Kuon for her daughter's hand in marriage, that is the face and tears of a heartbroken woman. Her getting upset when you mention her name in the proposal choice on the other hand, makes her lash out in bitterness for being alone for 23 years as a single mother.

 

Edited by Erogamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erogamer said:
  Hide contents

There is a time reset. After a certain amount of time passes, everything is reset. The winter arc takes place in 20,016 AD, the Summer arcs take place in 1999. I think Kuon knew for a while as she was flirting with Setsuna in her notes she passed him. When asking Kuon for her daughter's hand in marriage, that is the face and tears of a heartbroken woman. Her getting upset when you mention her name in the proposal choice on the other hand, makes her lash out in bitterness for being alone for 23 years as a single mother.

 

Spoiler

Can you please explain Time reset part in detail? I can't seem to grasp it. If you can Kindly give the summary of whole story so I can recap it with Your explanations.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rahman N said:
  Hide contents

Can you please explain Time reset part in detail? I can't seem to grasp it. If you can Kindly give the summary of whole story so I can recap it with Your explanations.

 

Every time Setsuna goes into the cold freeze chamber, he sleeps through time around 20,000 years. At the end of the Never Island Arc, he goes into cold sleep again, but every time he reaches the end of time and sleeps through the reset of the world's time causing him to end up in 1999. Their is talk of reincarnation, but the way I see it everything is happening the same way and everyone is reborn as the same person. At the end of true route it shows the names Setsuna + Rinne etched (by both Rinne and Rinne') in the lid of the cold sleep chamber MANY times revealing this cycle has been going on countless times. Setsuna probably met winter RInne' in his first time in cold sleep, and she followed, but she arrived before him in 1976 I believe. She is 36 with a 23 year old daughter, who she gave her name to, by the time Setsuna wakes up. Setsuna has made some changes so far, but Kuon is trying to build a time machine so she can save the world somehow. The anime, while having a lot cut out, does make some things more clear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erogamer said:
Spoiler

Every time Setsuna goes into the cold freeze chamber, he sleeps through time around 20,000 years. At the end of the Never Island Arc, he goes into cold sleep again, but every time he reaches the end of time and sleeps through the reset of the world's time causing him to end up in 1999. Their is talk of reincarnation, but the way I see it everything is happening the same way and everyone is reborn as the same person. At the end of true route it shows the names Setsuna + Rinne etched (by both Rinne and Rinne') in the lid of the cold sleep chamber MANY times revealing this cycle has been going on countless times. Setsuna probably met winter RInne' in his first time in cold sleep, and she followed, but she arrived before him in 1976 I believe. She is 36 with a 23 year old daughter, who she gave her name to, by the time Setsuna wakes up. Setsuna has made some changes so far, but Kuon is trying to build a time machine so she can save the world somehow. The anime, while having a lot cut out, does make some things more clear.

 

Thank you Very much for Replying.
Now I can understand it clearly than before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...