New to the medium, looking for action-packed visual novel with a male protagonist.

Ash Williams

Hi, i've started playing visual novels not too long ago and i have struggled to find visual novels i like, i generally don't like SoL, comedy and romance focused ones, so that eliminates a lot of translated ones. 

The only visual novels i have played and liked are Tsukihime, and some games of the Rance series, and while i loved Rance and it also has the only visual novel protagonist that i genuinely liked, my only problem with it is that they have gameplay.

i also have played others like Demonbane, 11eyes, Ayakashibito, Dies Irae, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Hanachirasu and Dengeki Stryker, but i'm gonna be honest, i have not liked any of those, so if any of you could be so kind to try and help me find something that appeals to my tastes i would be grateful.

Also, while i can stomach if the protagonist is the one doing the raping, i don't like when other characters do it.

So to help you guys in identifying my tastes i will list tags that i don't like: Gang rape, NTR, Tentacle rape, Scat, Guro, Futanari, Trap, Yaoi, etc. You guys get the drift.

Sorry if my english is terrible, but thanks in advance to everyone who replies.

Edited by Ash Williams

• Ash Williams changed the title to New to the medium, looking for action-packed visual novel with a male protagonist.
16 hours ago, Ash Williams said:

Thanks for your recommendations friend, unfortunately i have heard of those before but i don't think they are for me, thanks none the less for taking the time to anwser.

Since you liked Tsukihime, I assumed you would enjoy Fate, at the very least...

15 hours ago, Clephas said:

Since you liked Tsukihime, I assumed you would enjoy Fate, at the very least...

I don't think the reason i liked Tsukihime would translate to Fate, i liked Tsukihime mainly because of the protagonist who is for the most part a normal teenager but has a pretty fucked up other personality, the moment he did THAT to Arcueid i was instantly hooked and interested in the story, alternatively Shirou doesn't seem as interesting to me as Shiki was, and Fate's heroines don't appeal to me either, i also have watched the fate zero anime (didn't like it), some episodes of fate stay night and some part of the UBW movie and the setting wasn't as interesting to me as Tsukihime's.

12 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

I don't think the reason i liked Tsukihime would translate to Fate, i liked Tsukihime mainly because of the protagonist who is for the most part a normal teenager but has a pretty fucked up other personality, the moment he did THAT to Arcueid i was instantly hooked and interested in the story, alternatively Shirou doesn't seem as interesting to me as Shiki was, and Fate's heroines don't appeal to me either, i also have watched the fate zero anime (didn't like it), some episodes of fate stay night and some part of the UBW movie and the setting wasn't as interesting to me as Tsukihime's.

Maybe Hello, Lady then... Shinri the protagonist is an arrogant pervert normally and a ruthless avenger at heart.

• 2 weeks later...

That's quite a restriction in regard of your taste there. Still if you want some title, perhaps I can try recommend some title such as Phantom of Inferno (The English has no sex scenes and need to be played with out of the box mechanic), Comyu, and I/O. I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you regardless whether you already heard those title or not.

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

That's quite a restriction in regard of your taste there. Still if you want some title, perhaps I can try recommend some title such as Phantom of Inferno (The English has no sex scenes and need to be played with out of the box mechanic), Comyu, and I/O. I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you regardless whether you already heard those title or not.

Phantom of Inferno looks interesting, but i see that it has the netorare tag, how is it shown in the story? Depending on how i can overlook it.

Actually it was available in the original version, although as for the translated version that you play you wouldn't need to deal with the sex scenes seeing that Hirameki did cut it so it should be safe. In exchange though they released it with DVD Player format, which to say would be quite a pain to set up. Also actually Phantom of Inferno here has the backport version that port XBOX360 version back to PC, although for some reason it's still not translated yet. Oh yes I did forget that I/O here has female MCs, so in this case I would recommend Ryuusei World Actor instead although I'm not quite sure if you either already heard of it or read it. Anyway I hope that I can answer your question here.

Edited by littleshogun

• 5 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 2:16 AM, littleshogun said:

Actually it was available in the original version, although as for the translated version that you play you wouldn't need to deal with the sex scenes seeing that Hirameki did cut it so it should be safe. In exchange though they released it with DVD Player format, which to say would be quite a pain to set up. Also actually Phantom of Inferno here has the backport version that port XBOX360 version back to PC, although for some reason it's still not translated yet. Oh yes I did forget that I/O here has female MCs, so in this case I would recommend Ryuusei World Actor instead although I'm not quite sure if you either already heard of it or read it. Anyway I hope that I can answer your question here.

Thanks i'm gonna add it to my to read list, sorry i took this long to respond i kinda forgot about this thread, so since then i have read Hello Lady!, and i also decided to read Fate Stay Night, it was a great decision, the VN was so much better then the anime and the movies to me, i will probably also read Tokyo Babel and i intend to re-read Dies Irae because theoretically it should be something i loved, i probably just wasn't in the mood for it at the time, it has happened to me before with books where i read a book, hate it, then re-read it and love it, i have also added Umineko to my to read list, so anyway thanks for the help.