Angepinion: A nuanced take on Visual Novel "Censorship"

NowItsAngeTime

• 3 weeks later...

Mosaic - Well I'm not Mark so let's just say that I won't spend my time to either telling someone who enjoying the VN with mosaic as 'sell his/her soul to devil' or saying 'It's bad because it still has mosaic'. That aside, it shouldn't be big enough problem if you already gotten used to go through the sex scenes with mosaic, especially if you play enough fan translated VNs (Which back then is the only way to play relatively well received VNs).

Visual - People just want to mad toward censorship in regard of Rewrite even though it's small problem compared to Aojashin, but at least we get the patch to uncensor the visual if anything else. That said, while Rewrite is the most recent case actually it also happen way back at Maitetsu in which it's big enough to cause controversy even though the sex scenes is intact through 18+ patch.

No 18+ patch - Quite ironic that the cause of the company provided 18+ patch is because what Pulltop did with Konosora in which they decided to remove the sex scenes for overseas release, and here we are have Laplacan did the same thing after nine years. By the way Subahibi censorship is small enough and quite reasonable at that, so it didn't becoming the big problem from what I remember,

I did want to type more, but I figure I'll just say that you bring a good point on why Laplacian didn't make Aojashin all age in the first place if the censored version is more in line with the writer vision (I like to point out that changing the setting from school to university would remove the reference from the very first Laplacian VN), and let's see if the new scenes is really worth the removal of the sex scenes. If anything else, at least I know that the censored version might be worth to get if only for the music mode that Laplacian didn't manage to add in the original version.

Edited by littleshogun