Hi! New here :D

Nighthowl

Hey all! Nighthowl here. Pleased to meet you all.

Quick intro... 22/F from Singapore. I'm learning to be a translator.

Anyway, if anyone wants help with translations, I've no experience with fansubbing so might need a bit of guidance, but I'm a quick study! I've translated a MMORPG script Traditional/Simplified Chinese into English and vise versa before for my job(I'm working for an online game company now, I cant tell you which though! Company policy doesnt allow me to reveal my identity outside of work)

I've played some VNs like Starry Sky and Ore no Imou. 

Yep. Nice to meet you all! Ask me anything!

Thanks for the warm welcomes  :wub:

Welcome to fuwanovel. I hope you enjoy yourself here~

Do you have a favorite genre or a favorite VN?

I like and romance. I quite enjoy Type Moon stuff!

Welcome to the forums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

What would you say is your favorite VN so far?

Favourite........................ I enjoyed Ore no Imou and Tsukihime. 

Thanks for the warm welcomes  :wub:

I like and romance. I quite enjoy Type Moon stuff!

Favourite........................ I enjoyed Ore no Imou and Tsukihime. 

A typemoon fan? and a Tsukihime fan on top of that?

Great, I found another one of us :D

Well, to try out your knowledge, do you know what my title is about?~

A typemoon fan? and a Tsukihime fan on top of that?

Great, I found another one of us :D

Well, to try out your knowledge, do you know what my title is about?~

I'm so sorry Yuyuko Saigyouji, I've not played the games you've appeared in yet!!! I suck a lot in shooters and fighting games.  :(

I'm so sorry Yuyuko Saigyouji, I've not played the games you've appeared in yet!!! I suck a lot in shooters and fighting games.  :(

No, no, Yuyuko is not a type-moon character. I was asking about the member title, the one that`s right below my picture. It's a bit of a homage to Akiha, with the whole "Crimson Red Vermillion" ;)

Well, it is nice to have a tsukihime fan here. Which was your favorite route?

Ah sorry about that. Let me get used to the site and stuff >.<

I like the Acrueid good ending

. I have a soft spot for cool powerful female characters that gets together with the main dude.  :D 

The true ending made me too sad.

Edit: Hi there Yukiru! Is that what new members are really called? Hehe 

Edit: Hi there Yukiru! Is that what new members are really called? Hehe 

Fuwanover? First I've heard it. That's just Yuki making up words again, but I like it.

Welcome new Fuwanover! If you like romance VN's, then we may be able to get along just fine. I can give you a few recommendations if you like.

Pay no heed to Yukiru-san's shenanigans, you will just end up getting teased, unless you're into that sort of thing....

Anyway!  Welcome to the forums, if by some chance you can read or mostly understand Japanese I may be able to give you quite a few recommendations, if not would you be able to go into other genres?  Such as things a little bit more dark but still really good?

Fuwanover? First I've heard it. That's just Yuki making up words again, but I like it.

Welcome new Fuwanover! If you like romance VN's, then we may be able to get along just fine. I can give you a few recommendations if you like.

Love romance stuff. Better if it makes me tear up. :D

Pay no heed to Yukiru-san's shenanigans, you will just end up getting teased, unless you're into that sort of thing....

Anyway!  Welcome to the forums, if by some chance you can read or mostly understand Japanese I may be able to give you quite a few recommendations, if not would you be able to go into other genres?  Such as things a little bit more dark but still really good?

Thanks for that tip. Depends what sort of teasing.............

Dark like School Days... no. Scarred. But others I'm opened. 

Well I can immediately start recommending the following for pure romance/teary eyed/wonderfulness:

• Clannad (Go do it now, what the hell are you waiting for, why are you still reading this, stop reading this and go read Clannad, why are you not taking my advice, the cake is a lie, your world is nothing but a pink castle being played with by a 5-year old girl named Mable, why is there a rabbit on your head?)
  • Kanon
  • Little Busters
  • Rewrite

^^^^^^All of which are Key visual novels

• Da Capo
  • Da Capo II
  • Utawarerumono (I love the story and characters, the gameplay is VERY easy to understand and can be very enjoyable)
  • Deardrops
  • Dengeki Stryker (this one is just awesome, I love the story and main character)
  • Shuffle!
  • Tick Tack! (Fan disc to Shuffle!)
  • G-Senjou no Maou (one of my all-time favorites, second only to Clannad)

And for something dark, I will always, alwaysalways, recommend Deus Machina Demonbane.  I absolutely love it, and I can never get tired of reading it over and over again.  It has wonderful characters, a wonderful story, and an unbelievably good soundtrack.  It's a shame the anime was shit.

If you understand enough Japanese to be confident about JLPT 2...

Here are some recommendations:

Ruitomo

Yurikago Yori Tenshi Made

Dies Irae (if you are up for a challenge)

Tiny Dungeon (the series)

Akatsuki no Goei (the entire series)

Comyu (if you don't want to wait for the patch)

Devils Devel Concept (same as Dies Irae)

Jingai Makyou (same as above, lol)

Evolimit

Ayakashibito

Bullet Butlers

Tokyo Babel (not ero, but great anyway)

Shinigami no Testament

Konata yori Kanata Made (if you don't mind a bit of utsuge, this is literally the best one ever)

Eden*

Hapymaher

Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake (utsuge, protag is very anti-romance, has mostly bad/normal/sad endings, but protag isn't a disgusting sack of crap like in School Days)

Natsu no Owari no Nirvana (most of the game is nakige, save for true ending)

Phantom of Inferno (downside to Japanese version is that the narration isn't voiced, but it is still a great game)

Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide

Sinclient

Vermilion Bind of Blood

Kajiri Kamui (if you are a masochist, because it is literally the hardest to read VN I've ever encountered, linguistically... reminded me of a slightly easier version of the Kojiki at some points)

Izuna Zanshinken

Gekkou no Carnevale

Gurenka

Hatsuyuki Sakura (gets seriously dark on some of the paths)

Midori no Umi (horror, utsuge)

Chrono Belt (if you finish Ayakashibito and Bullet Butlers and want to meet certain antagonists again)

Draculius

Soukou Akki Muramasa

Sousei Kitan Aerial (post-apocalyptic survival/sci-fi mecha action... also Muv-luv Alternative imitation in some ways)

Tsuisou no Augment (Very good comedy about a guy who kills himself in his old age, then is offered a chance to relive his youth)

Abyss Homicide Club (horror/action doujin VN, as Kaguya for the links I gave him if you have trouble finding it)

Bloody Rondo (if you play all of the above and still want more)

Monobeno

Kurenai no Tsuki

Harumade Kururu (once you get past the weird, semi-nukige stuff at the beginning, this game is great)

Natsukumo Yururu

Sakura, Sakimashita (an interesting exploration of the ideas of freedom from aging in the face of imminent death)

Re: Birth Colony

Fake Azure Arcology

Para-sol

Shuumatsu Shoujo Gensou Alicematic

Soranica Ele

Paradise Lost (if you decide to challenge Dies Irae, this is its sort-of prequel, though that doesn't become clear until the end of Kajiri Kamui)

Trouble@Vampire

If you want gameplay as well:

Ikusa Megami Zero

Madou Koukaku

Ouzoku (reminds me of Rance, except the protag isn't a psychopath, just a genius who likes women)

Soukoku no Arterial

Meishoku no Reiki (this game is really, really dark and the protag is evil in the grand 'the world is my toy' way)

lol... if you make your way through those, everything seems easy.

Another Type-moon fan joins the forums!!

"Rejoice, Nighthowl. Your wish for VNs is about to come true..."

And In the recommendations above, I see a disturbing lack of Katahane... 

Anyways, It has got a great story, most of it is light-hearted (and the story-within a story is serious),

the characters are likeable and the atmosphere and feeling of it all is what makes it one of my favorites.

Thank you for the awesome recommendations guys! I recognize many of the titles. 

Another Type-moon fan joins the forums!!

"Rejoice, Nighthowl. Your wish for VNs is about to come true..."

And In the recommendations above, I see a disturbing lack of Katahane... 

Anyways, It has got a great story, most of it is light-hearted (and the story-within a story is serious),

the characters are likeable and the atmosphere and feeling of it all is what makes it one of my favorites.

Googled that, and it's yuri.  B)

I will be saving that thanks