Why is Trinoline so big?

It is probably the best looking VN without e-mote or Live2D, with animated eyes, non-reusable backgrounds, and a crazy ton of CGs, done in minori's incredible art style. The story suffers for it, but in sheer art quality alone, trinoline ranks among the best-looking VNs of all time.

Funny because the way it looks, the art itself didn't even excite me, compared to Purple Software for example. I was like "Oh.. ok.. the faces are inconsistent" haha.

keyvisual.jpg

ib-002.jpg

If Trinoline ranks among the best looking vns of all time, the only thought that comes to my mind is - what is Hapymaher, Chrono Clock, Amatsutsumi, and Aoi Tori, then ? o.O

Oh and Maitetsu has animated characters

hachiroku-maitetsu-drawn-by-cura-969c69c

I mean it looks cute and nice ... maybe I have a bit of animosity towards Trinoline because the author seems like he drinks too much...

Edited by Vampire Alexander

There's more than one way to make the VN has big size, such as the developer inserted a lot of high res CG into the files and Trinoline here did exactly that. It's not only minori who do that though, because we also have Marco as the short VN and yet it has quite a big size for it's length (At 7.66 GB) and the reason for that is because Marco has a lot of CG and video inside the game file. Another example is 3rdEye, in that they also shown a lot of CG and movement so much that it bloated their game files with their most recent release (Raillore) has 13.5 GB. Anyway as for the solution in regard of your lack of HDD, I guess you can delete some VN/game that you already cleared and didn't want to play it any longer. Although if you didn't want to delete it, perhaps you can just store the game somewhere or you can just keep the save file of those game.

For interesting trivia in case you didn't know, both Mikage and Kagami Yuu (The writer of several Purple Software VNs) here did write several minori VNs in the past (Including ef and eden) although obviously he won't have influence in the graphic. As for minori's graphic, perhaps you can see their past work (Such as the aforementioned ef and eden) for comparison instead of Trinoline in that they like to inflate the boobs and the sex scenes, although at least they've been consistent to do the good job in regard of the lighting. I know that you probably won't change your mind in regard of the art, but at least I can say that minori's art is comparatively better in the past. Also there's one time that Purple Software do animated opening like minori, and said VN is Ashita no Kimi to Au Tame ni that coincidentally written by Kagami Yuu.

Edited by littleshogun

store your stuff on one or more external HDs?!?

much safer that way, as you wont be risking losing anything in the event your primary PC goes tits-up for whatever reason,

providing you shift things off of your internal drive/back them up habitually.

in any case, a very good policy to follow...

Edited by Tasuke

A story isn't sacrificed because it has great art. Story is written by one person or a team who only focuses on story and other teams are working on their fields. Where do you even get it from that the story takes a hit cause they focused on the art? :mindismostcertainlyblown:

On 1/6/2022 at 11:14 AM, Stormwolf said:

A story isn't sacrificed because it has great art. Story is written by one person or a team who only focuses on story and other teams are working on their fields. Where do you even get it from that the story takes a hit cause they focused on the art? :mindismostcertainlyblown:

It can, if they hire cheaper and less experienced writers because they have limited budget. Though I'm not sure that's what happened here because I know little about this game.