Amatsutsumi (rejected by steam)

Amatsutsumi. I am a fan of Purple Software games and I was very much looking forward to the release of this game in English. It was rejected by steam and is now searching for alternative platforms. I would very much like to talk about why exactly is it rejected by steam. Since this is a forum where people know a lot about visual novels I look forward to talking about it. Now keep in mind, I am not looking for a review of the game (by someone who has played it in Japanese), nor am I looking for opinions about the game's story. This topic is purely about Steam.

I also believe what some on another site already said is the cause surely. quote

There are many published stories with the school setting and sexual content. Even Subahibi is on Steam. I think that the true reason is that there are some SJWs feminists (male or female) working on Steam and it depends on whether it was they who were put into checking the game or if it were normal people.

and

yeah that's the more plausible reasoning. maybe resubmit it again but this time, they need a good timing so that normal people would look at it and not some SJW bloat.

I totally believe that. But how does steam checking actually work?

Also, if anyone has more sources to share, it would be nice to post them in this dedicated thread. Like this one:
https://noisypixel.net/amatsutsumi-denied-steam-pc-english/

That's from me, post your sources about finding out about those SJWs who work on steam and links regarding to it all.

P.S.

Spoiler

For the record. I have searched the game title in the search of this site to see are there any threads dedicated to the topic. I found none so I created a thread dedicated to this subject. Regardless of the fact that is "brought to my attention" from the internet: that many people are / could be / will be like: "Meh Bruh! A game no one cares about!" "MehMeh! All the same as the previous ones!" "(Ahaha I'm so smart brwahaha!)" "Low sales, no popularity like my trainwwrecks that I want to sell so bad cuz my 5 PhDs and 10 masters degrees can't help me pay my bills!" "Kek I don't care and I speak for thousands of others so take me seriously please I'm trying so hard at it rawr!" "Bruh Meme Kek! Lets just run away from the obvious and never talk about it, or maybe even call out anyone who dares to talk about it!" "Bruh! Meme! Kek!" and all that... Yeah yeah... Now with that out of the way, I shall start my topic, regardless does anyone want to read and talk about it or not. I do.

That "no one cares" can be translated to "we want to shut you up, (sorry, I mean discourage) you from further talking about it because some people may find themselves in the same shoes as those who rejected it. So lets be liberal by censoring free speech".

Steam has a lot of reviewers, and some are more lenient than others. That being said, the idea that there’s a rogue reviewer who has it out for VNs is just silly. 
The issue lies with what some people see as potential explotation of children, whether such content is actually present or not. They are aware of external patches that puts content back in, so this is not really a workaround at all. If characters look young and are put in romantic situations in an anime styled game on steam, especially if they wear school uniforms or a large portion of the game happens in a high school, there is a high chance of it being banned. 
It’s true that some games slip through the cracks too, but trying to push games with high school settings and heroines who are students is risky on Steam as the situation with reviews are right now.  

Interestingly, sexual content is not the problem, as some people seem to think. It’s strictly related to potential explotation of children. Any kind of sexual content outside of that is totally fine on Steam, and they even have an adult section specifically for 18+ games. 

16 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Steam has a lot of reviewers, and some are more lenient than others. That being said, the idea that there’s a rogue reviewer who has it out for VNs is just silly. 
The issue lies with what some people see as potential explotation of children, whether such content is actually present or not. They are aware of external patches that puts content back in, so this is not really a workaround at all. If characters look young and are put in romantic situations in an anime styled game on steam, especially if they wear school uniforms or a large portion of the game happens in a high school, there is a high chance of it being banned. 
It’s true that some games slip through the cracks too, but trying to push games with high school settings and heroines who are students is risky on Steam as the situation with reviews are right now.  

Interestingly, sexual content is not the problem, as some people seem to think. It’s strictly related to potential explotation of children. Any kind of sexual content outside of that is totally fine on Steam, and they even have an adult section specifically for 18+ games. 

There certainly might be a stigma towards vn's. Like "ohh, another one of those pedo novels". I mean, most of these games are about dating and screwing 14-18 year olds. Younger too in a lot of cases, so i totally understand it as western translation teams and publishers seem to target this type of VN like crazy. 

Edited by Stormwolf