Visual Novel Monthly Recap - December 2021 News (ft. Rewrite+ White Album 2)

NowItsAngeTime

• 4 weeks later...

Now that it's almost January's end, let's just say that both of December and January were stacked months. Anyway let's see what I can comment in regard of December 2021 here even though it's very late.

• While Shiravune here did release a lot of nice title in January, let's just say that their December releases are not equally interesting here. Of course though Ryuusei Badge and Dagger should be interesting if one want to see more Ruka, although as for the release time of full version we obviously still need to wait for that later on. Also it's quite unique that Shiravune decided to localized the side story trilogy of Natsu kagura instead of directly released the main VN, but I guess they may save Natsu Kagura for another day (Hopefully).
  • I did read that Sekai has trouble with Amatsutsumi release, and seeing that they manage to release Nekogami I'm sure that they already think to negotiate with GOG in order to release Amatsutsumi there.
  • Good luck to PyroCyan in regard of Hoshiori Perfect Edition there (At least the new contents from the console port could be a nice excuse to replay it again if one has been already played this), and if he really want to continuing Ginharu translation then I hope that he chose to continue from Yuzuki's route instead of restarting it from the very beginning.
  • Rewrite+ release should be nice in case anyone chose to wait for (So-called) polished translation, although too bad that there's some bugs in the initial release (At least good for Sekai that they keep releasing the patch for it). Well to me it's pretty much redundant release, but at least now they have the choice to play either original Rewrite or (So-called) expanded Rewrite. Oh yes what I can say is that I did find the comment in regard of the censorship is quite overblown, although thankfully not as overblown as a certain person comment when it come to sex scenes with mosaic.
  • It's awesome that Frontwing still manage to find a new excuses to delay Sharin despite that almost nobody would complain if they didn't manage to include the resolution change feature (The one that allow the player to change the resolution between 4:3 and 16:9). Of course though I never think that Frontwing may still didn't work on the VN yet, and perhaps I should give them some praise to go one extra steps ahead despite they can just release it like when Sekai did directly released G-Senjou without resolution change feature (And still not implemented to this day).
  • WA2 here is obviously the biggest release (Or perhaps the only interesting release to me) in December. Of course the love story in there is obviously not for everyone, but it still manage to captivate a lot of people thanks to the good writing. Anyway it's interesting to see on how an ordinary love triangle story here can be as very well received as Muramasa here, and with this release we have two very well received VNs (Or kamige) fully translated to English in 2021.

Well that's all for what I can comment in regard of December 2021 news.

Edited by littleshogun