What's happening with the Newton and the Apple Tree license?

GXOALMD

I've been very out of the loop regarding VNs, so apologies if w/e is going on is common knowledge and I'm just bad at searching.  Anyways, I wanted to buy Newton and the Apple Tree for one of my friends for the holidays, but none of the official shops carry it any more.  I joined Sol Press' discord server but even asking what's going on with it only got me as far as Sol Press losing the license.  Is there any news on what's going on with the license beyond that?  Has another company picked it up?

6 hours ago, GXOALMD said:

Has another company picked it up?

I don't think so. Not yet, at least.

I'm not sure how American laws work, but I wonder if it's even possible to pick it up from them without completely retranslating everything? It definitely would be possible if they went bankrupt, but they decided not to pay taxes instead, and right now they aren't allowed to any type of business, as far as I know.

Well Newton VN wasn't picked up by any company, and as for the news in regard of Sol Press there's one. Namely that they've been avoiding paid the tax so that the company has been suspended to do the business (The Reddit page for more information). As for the remaining licenses, there's a rumor that it'll be sold to pay off the creditors although obviously it's still unknown whether the rumor is true or not. That said though, there's Fakku store if one want to buy Newton VN.

I thought that I still can buy it from Fakku, only to be turned out that I can't do that. So my bad for misunderstood that Fakku still sell it. In this case, the only way to get Newton VN legally is buying it in Japan by using DMM, while for English version unfortunately there's no way to get it other than by using a certain way. So yeah we need to wait until Laplacian sort the license problem of Newton VN English version (Either by asking another publisher to hold the license of it or do it by themselves) if you want to get Newton VN legally.

Edited by littleshogun