(Halted) Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou - English Translation Project

seventhfonist425

Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou - English Translation Project

15169.jpg

VNDB: https://vndb.org/v10680

Current state of things:

Because Cocomeido, the previous leader of the project has been MIA since July 2017, me and one other person, Glephyr, have decided to continue translation of this project. I've contacted the hacker of the the previous project, and now have all the work left behind by the previous team. (We literally got all the files less than 24 hours ago, so excuse us if we're a bit unorganized.)

Cocomeido's blog and progress: https://tsukiatte.wordpress.com/

Recruitment:

We will be looking for:

• Translator (We basically only need one more, but if this isn’t possible, me and Glephyr will do what we can without additional translators)
  • Translation Checkers
  • Editors / Quality Checkers / Testers
  • Hacker? (According to glephyr, most of the work from the previous hacker has already been completed)

In particular, we would like native, or near native level of English proficiency with for editors and quality checkers.

About me and Glephyr:

I personally do not have experience as a translator in any other visual novel translation projects, but I have read through this game a couple of times, and have provided translations for Princess Connect on my Youtube channel, under the name Nonstopmop. I have also acted as a Quality Checker for another translation project in the past.

Glephyr has worked with translation teams as well as experience as a project leader, but that experience has been on translating from Japanese to Chinese, so ideally, we have someone take over as a main translator and have Glephyr move to being a TLC.

Appeal:

Yo so, this main character? Super cute, super sweet, and is voiced. Read the vndb reviews to get an idea of it, but this game does have a trap protagonist. If the idea of a trap protagonist doesn't appeal to you, which it honestly didn't for me at first either, know two things. One, I walked out of this series basically loving the main character, and two, one of the supporting writers on board is the legendary Ou Jackson, easily one of my most favorite writers. He's also the person in charge of writing for the Nakayoshibu guild in Princess Connect. Unfortunately, only a few scenes really have that "Ou Jackson feel" to them, but the spin-off game and its fandisc absolutely do.

And that's it! If anyone is willing to help out, please let us know! If not, we’ll be doing our best to complete the project with the manpower we currently have.

In light of new information, there's a high chance that Neko Nyan (no guarantees of course) has this project in the works already. I'm no professional, so I don't think it's really the right play for me to be continuing this, potentially on my own. Apologies for the post, and thank you for taking the time to read any of the above if you did. Please support the release by Neko Nyan if it does indeed end up happening, as I really would like more people to read this game.

Edited by seventhfonist425

• seventhfonist425 changed the title to [Recruiting] Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou - English Translation Project

Honestly, I wouldn't be working on this project if I were you. I have a nagging suspicion it's already in the works by NekoNyan since it's already known that the Chinese localization is in the works by Hikari Field (which is a partner to NekoNyan). Would be a shame to put a lot of work into it, only for the official localization to get announced next year or something.

Then again, that's just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Infernoplex

4 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be working on this project if I were you. I have a nagging suspicion it's already in the works by NekoNyan since it's already known that the Chinese localization is in the works by Hikari Field (which is a partner to NekoNyan). Would be a shame to put a lot of work into it, only for the official localization to get announced next year or something.

Then again, that's just my opinion 🤷‍♂️

Ah okay, gotcha. I wasn't actually aware of that. I think for now, I'd rather not stop because of an "if," when I feel like I have the motivation to keep going, so I'll keep at it for now, but we'll see, I guess.

Thanks for the information though, it's appreciated.

Or uhh, so I thought. But the other person on the project recommended I pull out as well. If NekoNyan and Hikari Field really do have that kind to track record together, then I guess it'd be better off left to professionals here. Kind of a bummer for me, but guess I'll go looking for something else to translate...

If any mods are reading this, I think it's fine to just move this into archives. I'll take the advice here and just wait.

Edited by seventhfonist425

• seventhfonist425 changed the title to (Halted) Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou - English Translation Project
5 hours ago, seventhfonist425 said:

Kind of a bummer for me, but guess I'll go looking for something else to translate...

May I suggest Your Diary? You have one of the main characters from that VN in your signature here on Fuwa, so I thought you're maybe a fan of it. The current official translation of it is borderline MTL (or edited MTL), so the community could really use a proper fanTL of it. I think it'd be a good starting point for you. As it stands right now, the company that localized it doesn't seem interested in fixing that official translation, so it's something I believe fans could work on. Of course, I don't know what the company that localized it thinks about fixing it, but... it has been years since it came out, and I'm of the strong opinion they won't bother fixing it, like, ever. It's certainly a much safer project than Tsuriotsu and similar. Also a very good VN, by the way.