Muv Luv Alternative Questions (Spoilers)

Rahman N

I completed Muv luv Alternative and got some questions. (Spoiler Alert)

Spoiler

1.What happened to Takeru at the End of Muv Luv alternative?
2.What are your impressions on the ending? I mean everyone in the team died! Especially during that Meiya part I lost it.
3.What is your overall Review on this VN?
4.Did Jinguuji Sensei's Death scare you? If it did Explain it. :( 

Thanks for Reading this.

FG6UVtpVQAAPZ1a?format=png&name=900x900

1. If i remember takeru ended up merging with himself again due to fixing that timeline and basically stopping the beta war once and for all. This is what i remember but i could be wrong or missed some important wording or something but overall that's what i remember happening there.
2.I thought it was an alright way to end off alternative considering that taking out the beta is no easy task considering how smart they are and how much of a technological advantage they have over humans and there gundam robots. There were two deaths that hit be the hardest and that was being Meiya and ill mention the other in the last question.
3.I'd rate it an 8 due to the fact that the change in the story for was big enough to keep me reading. I was completely interested in how the beta would look considering through unlimited it was pretty much just a training arc and a way to show you how much the world has changed as well as the five main girls. It was pretty well done the music was pretty alright too although it wasn't my cup of tea completely most of the sound track was pretty good in my opinion and for old art from 2004 it felt pretty nice to look at. You'd expect those anime girls with the big eyes that are stretched across there face and everything but i didn't really get that so for the most part i was happy with what i saw most of the time.
4.Yeah that scene jump scared me i thought it was one of the best deaths scenes done in a visual novel that i've read so far and just in general. Not many deaths in anime were able to hit me as hard as that did and its just due to the fact that the last thing i was expecting a visual novel to do was jumpscare me and show me a detailed sprite of jinguuji dead. They played that whole scene off really well since takeru was still talking and everything and zooming into it. Let you expected them to keep talking then bam They hit you with that and if im right the 2nd time you actually see a beta if i remember? 

On 12/18/2021 at 9:51 PM, Rahman N said:

I completed Muv luv Alternative and got some questions. (Spoiler Alert)

Reveal hidden contents

1.What happened to Takeru at the End of Muv Luv alternative?
2.What are your impressions on the ending? I mean everyone in the team died! Especially during that Meiya part I lost it.
3.What is your overall Review on this VN?
4.Did Jinguuji Sensei's Death scare you? If it did Explain it. :( 

Spoiler

1. Basically, what @Assistance said, with the addition that he forgot everything that happened in the Alternative world. So, depending on your interpretation, you could say that he's basically dead.

2.If you are talking about the ending before the epilogue, it was very good. The fact that pretty much everyone is dead is overall a natural conclusion to everything that happened in the game. As for the epilogue, well, I didn't like it at first after I finished, but later I learned to like it for what it is. Still, like many people say, MLA is mostly about the journey and not the ending.

3. It's amazing. One of my favorite VNs that helped me to live though some bad parts of my life.

4.Definitely. Literally couldn't fall asleep the night after I reached that part.

On 12/20/2021 at 2:30 AM, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

1. Basically, what @Assistance said, with the addition that he forgot everything that happened in the Alternative world. So, depending on your interpretation, you could say that he's basically dead.

2.If you are talking about the ending before the epilogue, it was very good. The fact that pretty much everyone is dead is overall a natural conclusion to everything that happened in the game. As for the epilogue, well, I didn't like it at first after I finished, but later I learned to like it for what it is. Still, like many people say, MLA is mostly about the journey and not the ending.

3. It's amazing. One of my favorite VNs that helped me to live though some bad parts of my life.

4.Definitely. Literally couldn't fall asleep the night after I reached that part.

Thanks for Replying. 
About the natural conlusion part, Yes I too loved that part in the Game.

Spoiler

What are your impressions on Meiya's and Sumika's death? Which one do you like more? 

Spoiler

Also say your thoughts on the Kei's love on that glasses guy ? What do you think about it in both ML Extra and Unlimited?
She loved him and Also loved mc? 

And suggest some VNs with  Characters like Hayase Mitsuki? She somewhat impressed me.

Spoiler

I thought Mc's gonna be consoled by Marimo chan and To get some development(even though development happened in different way) and then shit happened. 

Who is your favourite girl in MLA? 
Which part you didn't like in the VN?

On 12/19/2021 at 9:15 PM, Assistance said:

1. If i remember takeru ended up merging with himself again due to fixing that timeline and basically stopping the beta war once and for all. This is what i remember but i could be wrong or missed some important wording or something but overall that's what i remember happening there.
2.I thought it was an alright way to end off alternative considering that taking out the beta is no easy task considering how smart they are and how much of a technological advantage they have over humans and there gundam robots. There were two deaths that hit be the hardest and that was being Meiya and ill mention the other in the last question.
3.I'd rate it an 8 due to the fact that the change in the story for was big enough to keep me reading. I was completely interested in how the beta would look considering through unlimited it was pretty much just a training arc and a way to show you how much the world has changed as well as the five main girls. It was pretty well done the music was pretty alright too although it wasn't my cup of tea completely most of the sound track was pretty good in my opinion and for old art from 2004 it felt pretty nice to look at. You'd expect those anime girls with the big eyes that are stretched across there face and everything but i didn't really get that so for the most part i was happy with what i saw most of the time.
4.Yeah that scene jump scared me i thought it was one of the best deaths scenes done in a visual novel that i've read so far and just in general. Not many deaths in anime were able to hit me as hard as that did and its just due to the fact that the last thing i was expecting a visual novel to do was jumpscare me and show me a detailed sprite of jinguuji dead. They played that whole scene off really well since takeru was still talking and everything and zooming into it. Let you expected them to keep talking then bam They hit you with that and if im right the 2nd time you actually see a beta if i remember? 

Thank you for your time in Explaining the things in detail.

Spoiler

Well that part about being killed by the man you love seriously moved me to tears. Even though I have different views from Meiya's views.

Spoiler

What do you think about Sumika's death and her role in both world's? 

Spoiler

And what are your impressions on Ayamine Kei's love to Glasses kun and Takeru? 

15 hours ago, Rahman N said:

Thank you for your time in Explaining the things in detail.

Hide contents

Well that part about being killed by the man you love seriously moved me to tears. Even though I have different views from Meiya's views.

Hide contents

What do you think about Sumika's death and her role in both world's? 

Hide contents

And what are your impressions on Ayamine Kei's love to Glasses kun and Takeru? 

Well for the man you love part I was more effected by Meiya dying for one reason. She was my favorite character in the story and I felt like she was 10x more fit to be the main heroine than Sumika 10xs over. To me they wanted to focus on Sumika and give her that spot but she just never could to me. Considering that she is the main problem for this and causing the timelines to reverse everytime she doesn't like one of them. It just made me not like her even more in short that was the 2nd death that effected me the most right next to jinguuji.

For Sumika's death I explained a little bit above but again i didn't really care much about Sumika up until we see her in alternative which made me feel a bit bad. Not enough to consider her main heroine in that route. The fact that she died made me happy more than anything because they didn't do the cliche where when the other main heroine isn't there she would be. 

For Ayamine Kei and the other girl well i liked Kei just due to her being pretty blunt and calm. They usually have the more cute reactions out of most of the characters so i usually always have a sweet spot for them. They usually make decisions pretty well which i like (She was kinda dumb for the whole doctor thing in extra but that's something else i guess) I thought it was pretty nice though.

Been a few months since I finished it but here are my thoughts:

Spoiler

Like the other said, but also yuuko saying that sumika's feelings would have a large influence how the world mc returned to would be like, because she also brought mc to this world to begin with. This is also why kasumi thanks sumika at the end, for making it a world where mc and the rest can live together in peace.

Spoiler

I thought it was really tragic but also well done. They didn't do the cliche thing of resetting time after almost everyone died (though was hoping for this to be honest =P). And the reason for this was solid, because sumika ended up with mc, the time loop was broken but at the same time, getting together with mc was necessary for the 00 unit to function and humanity to stand a chance against the beta. So there could have been no 'better scenario' really,

About the ending with mc returning to daily life with everyone in another world. I read lots of people thought of this as a 'cop out' and were disappointed. But I liked it a lot actually. Mc stated after the final battle where he lost just about everyone he cared about, that he just wanted to die in the world his comrades died but that was not possible. Also, his trip to his old world showed that he could no longer function there as before after the experiences he had in the beta world.

So this ending of mc not having his memories is actually the only way he can have his daily life with his friends which he longed for at the beginning.

I still would;ve liked a happy ending with sumika in the beta world though, even as an extra route, since I liked her character since extra.

I really like it, wish I could read it for the first time again and wish there was more to read. I did start altered fable which is too funny in how they comically use at times the same atmosphere and music etc from alternative but at the same it aches a bit because it's not serious like alternative.

Spoiler

This really got me, I basically read nonstop since that until well into the morning because I couldn't let it go. It caught me really off guard and the following bit was just so impactful that I just couldn't stop reading. With the flashbacks of her death, mc's mental state, then the same thing following him to the other world and so much more. This was the most intense and memorable part of muvluv for me.

Thanks for making this post =)!

On 12/26/2021 at 11:51 PM, Assistance said:

Well for the man you love part I was more effected by Meiya dying for one reason. She was my favorite character in the story and I felt like she was 10x more fit to be the main heroine than Sumika 10xs over. To me they wanted to focus on Sumika and give her that spot but she just never could to me. Considering that she is the main problem for this and causing the timelines to reverse everytime she doesn't like one of them. It just made me not like her even more in short that was the 2nd death that effected me the most right next to jinguuji.

For Sumika's death I explained a little bit above but again i didn't really care much about Sumika up until we see her in alternative which made me feel a bit bad. Not enough to consider her main heroine in that route. The fact that she died made me happy more than anything because they didn't do the cliche where when the other main heroine isn't there she would be. 

For Ayamine Kei and the other girl well i liked Kei just due to her being pretty blunt and calm. They usually have the more cute reactions out of most of the characters so i usually always have a sweet spot for them. They usually make decisions pretty well which i like (She was kinda dumb for the whole doctor thing in extra but that's something else i guess) I thought it was pretty nice though.

Thanks for Replying! 
About Sumika's part I too didn't like her very much.
True Cliche would throw us out of the plot .

On 12/28/2021 at 7:15 AM, Finitie said:

Been a few months since I finished it but here are my thoughts:

Hide contents

Like the other said, but also yuuko saying that sumika's feelings would have a large influence how the world mc returned to would be like, because she also brought mc to this world to begin with. This is also why kasumi thanks sumika at the end, for making it a world where mc and the rest can live together in peace.

Hide contents

I thought it was really tragic but also well done. They didn't do the cliche thing of resetting time after almost everyone died (though was hoping for this to be honest =P). And the reason for this was solid, because sumika ended up with mc, the time loop was broken but at the same time, getting together with mc was necessary for the 00 unit to function and humanity to stand a chance against the beta. So there could have been no 'better scenario' really,

About the ending with mc returning to daily life with everyone in another world. I read lots of people thought of this as a 'cop out' and were disappointed. But I liked it a lot actually. Mc stated after the final battle where he lost just about everyone he cared about, that he just wanted to die in the world his comrades died but that was not possible. Also, his trip to his old world showed that he could no longer function there as before after the experiences he had in the beta world.

So this ending of mc not having his memories is actually the only way he can have his daily life with his friends which he longed for at the beginning.

I still would;ve liked a happy ending with sumika in the beta world though, even as an extra route, since I liked her character since extra.

I really like it, wish I could read it for the first time again and wish there was more to read. I did start altered fable which is too funny in how they comically use at times the same atmosphere and music etc from alternative but at the same it aches a bit because it's not serious like alternative.

Hide contents

This really got me, I basically read nonstop since that until well into the morning because I couldn't let it go. It caught me really off guard and the following bit was just so impactful that I just couldn't stop reading. With the flashbacks of her death, mc's mental state, then the same thing following him to the other world and so much more. This was the most intense and memorable part of muvluv for me.

Thanks for making this post =)!

That part about mc's mental state.... That felt so sad that I would avert my gaze to CRY!
Thanks for Replying! 

On 12/26/2021 at 6:00 AM, Rahman N said:

Hide contents

What are your impressions on Meiya's and Sumika's death? Which one do you like more? 

Spoiler

Honestly, I wouldn't compare these scenes. Both were pretty impactful. Meiya's death scene is probably one of the most memorable scenes in the game, while Sumika's is more like the final nail in the coffin.

Hide contents

Also say your thoughts on the Kei's love on that glasses guy ? What do you think about it in both ML Extra and Unlimited?
She loved him and Also loved mc? 

It's been a while since I read the game, so, honestly, I don't remember much about him. The thing that I know for sure is that I absolutely hated Kei's route in Extra, and, since it was the first route I played, I was pretty close to dropping the game. I'm glad I didn't.

nd suggest some VNs with  Characters like Hayase Mitsuki? She somewhat impressed me.

She's actually one of the main characters in another VN made by the same company, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Sadly, that game is still untranslated.

Who is your favourite girl in MLA? 

Meiya. I actually didn't like her at all in Extra, but she grew on me during Unlimited and Alternative.

Which part you didn't like in the VN?

Well, if we are talking about the trilogy as a whole, I'm not a big fan of Extra. As for Aternative, honestly, there are weaker parts, like the ending and the first h-scene, but I can't say that I outright hate any parts in the VN.