Video editing recommendation?

Skypie

Guys just wondering which one should I choose for Video editing 
1. Vegas Pro
2. Premiere Pro

Question :

1. For people's who have experience with this stuff which one you'd recommend and why? 
2. From what I heard Vegas pro also can do After Effect if I consider After Effect then which one should I try? (different question with the top one) 

if you guys have other software recommendation feel free to let me know. 

Thank you in advance (in case I take time to reply) :pyaa:

Don't have experience with either.

That said, if you want something free, VSDC gets the job done for low maintenance editing AND is free. Those Vegas and Premiere prices... unless you're gonna be doing pro video editing as a job or  Youtube career or something I dunno if you should jump straight into one of those.

My experience with premiere pro was weird one, somtimes it works wonders, sometimes it's buggy as hell and crashes,

Somehow everytime it crash, it always at the most vital moment, luckily auto save exist (But it's not really reliable since sometimes the save point throws you way back in the project, reseting a huge chunk of your work.

Never tried vegas but heard it's good,

so my answer is pick whichever you want, both software do their job excellently, and remember that good result it's up to your talent in editing, not the tools you're using.

• 8 months later...

necroing this thread from a year ago but there is a tool called "Black Magic Da Vinci Resolve" that is free and is actually used by professional movie makers for color grading and other stuff. It has all the basic and more advanced functions of a video editing software, but it is not too simple to use for a beginner. Read the documentation before you make your first video. Otherwise expend some money for a subscription for Adobe programs or try VirtualDub like a true 2004 person xD

• 11 months later...

For experienced users, I recommend Premiere Pro due to its industry-standard features, frequent updates, and vast community support. If you also need After Effects capabilities, Premiere Pro integrates seamlessly with After Effects, making it a powerful combination. Alternatively, DaVinci Resolve is another excellent option for video editing, offering advanced features and a free version. Good luck!