Looking For a VN without a pussy Protagonist.

taurasjega

What I mean is that I usually read vn's and whenever we get to the girls showing affection for the guy or him seeing their boobs he gets immediately shy. I've gotten annoyed at those protagonists because to me they are way too shy. I also hate the tropes where the protagonist accidentally walks into the girls room as she is changing and gets slaped for it.  I'm basically looking for a vn with a protagonist that Is in love with someone and isn't afraid to confess or to talk to her. He doesn't just wait for an opportunity to happen to him he goes out and seizes it for himself.  I'm also looking for a good plot as well , but characters are a first for me.  I would also like it if the protagonist wasn't dense to a females affection.

Grisaia immidiately comes to mind. The protagonist doesn't get flustered much, to say the least.

I'm less positive about those, but I'd speculate that protagonists of Majikoi and Fureraba are more on the pervert/proactive side of things (and now I've checked, the VNDB tags seem to agree with me). With the first game being a bit more in-depth and second more or less pure comedy, but both well-written and with strong focus on the characters.

2 hours ago, glupak said:

Grisaia and Fureraba are good choices definetly, but G-senjou no Maou also comes to mind.

I've heard similar stuff about Grisaia's protag, yeah! Azai (G-senjou) is also a good choice; he is sometimes a bit dense but it's not part of his character as a whole iirc.

Kara no Shoujo has an older protagonist and he's way more chill (him sleeping with the underage girls/half his age is kinda yikes for me tho).

Planetarian could fit into this, I think? I mean, he's pretty mature (he ain't a teen) and all; the vn is pretty short (and good!) so if you aren't sure, just read it :100:

Clannad... hmm, I mean, Tomoya is pretty chill and I'm sure he can read the signs without getting too flustered; he is still a pervert and it shows, but he doesn't feel as generic, maybe? It was weird for me because he had some generic behavior sometimes but then he would be very chill and smooth. Either way, it's a classic - if that means something to you, check it out. It was a 6/10 for me and I definitely feel it's overrated, but hey, it's a classic for a reason.

Eden* is a pretty good choice too. He's more adult so you can expect him to be more mature about the way he acts and thinks. I don't remember how he reacts to female affection or if he is that dense but I'm preeeetty sure this vn isn't too focused on romance...? It's been some time since I've played it and while I did like it, the romance wasn't something I remembered.

Edited by Fujoneko

• 9 months later...

If you do not want a pussy protagonist I can definitely recommend Akatsuki no Goei! Kinugasa somehow cannot finish a story, but the banter he can create between his protagonists and the heroines is pretty legendary.

I also noticed that when playing Bible Black - la noche de Walpurgis- , Minase is pretty much a CHAD.

And if you speak Japanese there is also smth like Shin Yakin Byoutou where the protagonist is an absolute Villain.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

I'm less positive about those, but I'd speculate that protagonists of Majikoi and Fureraba are more on the pervert/proactive side of things (and now I've checked, the VNDB tags seem to agree with me). With the first game being a bit more in-depth and second more or less pure comedy, but both well-written and with strong focus on the characters.

Majikoi's protagonist is a massive perv, one of the main gags is that they nickname his you-know-what 'machine gun'. He's for sure smart and proactive tho, so he probably qualifies for the OP.

I'd like to add Sharin no Kuni to the list as well, very cunning protag but also a bit of an asshole.

Edited by Tyrael