[Dropped/Unnecessary] (Front Site) How much use is a separate BL section still?

A more inclusive browse section would be better I think. It just makes everything seems more 'whole', if that makes any sense.

Perhaps you could have the thumbnails clearly say 'otome' or in some otherway clearly denote its content to soothe the 'ew, yaoi' crowd?

Possibilities are:

1)  Keep it as-is.

a)  Simple and effective

2)  Place them into the "Browse" section but add more detailed filters.

a)  This will make the main site's homepage much cleaner, but it will clutter up the filters.

3)  Place them into the "Browse" section but add the necessary tags (yaoi, otome etc) on the thumbnail, no added filters.

a)  This will make the main site's homepage much cleaner, will not cause clutter in the filters, but may make people confused as to what the visual novel is unless they read the tags first.

4)  Make separate pages for each genre/tag (lawl no)

a)  Clutter central!

5)  Keep the "Otome" and "Browse" sections separated but also add a "Yuri" section for consistency.

a)  For those OCD people.  Making a yuri section since there is a yaoi/otome section will make it more consistent.

6)  Place the "Otome" section into the "Browse" section, add more detailed filters, and add the necessary tags to the thumbnails

a)  This will make the site's homepage much cleaner, but it will clutter up the filters, and may confuse people as to what the visual novel is unless they read the tags first.

I have a personal liking as to how it is, and don't see a particular reason to change it unless it is causing some major issue.  I found it particularly convenient because I was able to give friends of mine that were interested in Otomege and Yaoi a very quick link to all of them, and they were able to easily come back whenever they wanted to without messing with filters.

I think it's a good idea but as Mevvrynne said in some suggestions it shouldn't include  solely BL, and also it shouldn't be in the front page to avoid clustering.

I think it'd fit in the Browse page, no need to add a separate section just for BL, or at the very least put the BL in the Otome section.

However i think Yuri deserves a filter if BL gets one as well (if we're only filtering VNs by the type romance they have in it that is).

That's my opinion at least.

I'm not totally sure why Aaeru kept it separate, but I know that it has to do -- in part -- with the Otome super-fan community.  At one point Aaeru mentioned something about wanting a separate section for them.

If Shounen Ai gets its own filter so does Shoujo Ai - there are people who don't like either of them, and filters are saved in each user's session anyway, so it's a one-time thing to change for people who don't clear their caches all too often.

Edit: @Tay: I figured as much, there probably WAS a reason for it. Thing is: Right now it's here to stay as there's nothing to replace it with and without it the tabs would look really bleak.

I'd leave it separate like it is now, it is basically separating the male and female sections, sure there are females who play normal eroge and guys who play otome or BL, but its not that common and they know what they are after already.

Since fuwanovel is more like a beginners help, having it separated helps the new people not ending up with what they don't want.

• 2 weeks later...