Best Mystery/Mind Screw

drakeis

So I recently got some free time and got the urge to tackle a new VN I love the Mystery/Mind Screw genres but I feel I've reached a dead end and read most of the main English translated stuff. So far I've read:

Umineko and Higurashi

Danganronpa 1-3

The zero escape series, Ever 17, Remember 11

Kara no Shoujo 1-2 and Cartagra

Hotel Dusk 1-2

Steins; Gate 1-2

Ace Attorney 1-2 but not really a fan of this series 

I tried Chaos;Head and Cross Channel but I stopped reading them don't exactly remember why maybe they were too slow or annoyed me.

I heard about Saya no Uta and Euphoria but those just seem sick and disturbing for no reason. I don't mind sick and disturbing but it needs to add to the plot.

Fate/Stay Night and Muv-Luv are classics from what I see but they are a different genres. I may read them one day if convinced but trying to avoid super long VNs for now as Umineko was the last one I read.

So I guess in the Mystery/Mind Screw genres do you guys have any recommendations I haven't yet read? I'm open to other genres as well if you believe its worth a read. Thanks

Edited by drakeis

You'd be surprised to know that Euphoria does have a plot, and it gets really good towards the end. But if the... hm... stuff bothers you, you shouldn't read it, because it's pretty much there all the time.

You could try Raging Loop, a werewolf-like that has some nice twists. There is also Root Double if you enjoyed the infinity series.

Not a vn, but there is also AI: The Somnium Files, which is great.

Oh, and read the other 7th Expansion games [such as umi and higu]

oh 2, Enigma!

oh 3, Swan Song!

Edited by Silvz

2 hours ago, Silvz said:

You'd be surprised to know that Euphoria does have a plot, and it gets really good towards the end. But if the... hm... stuff bothers you, you shouldn't read it, because it's pretty much there all the time.

You could try Raging Loop, a werewolf-like that has some nice twists. There is also Root Double if you enjoyed the infinity series.

Not a vn, but there is also AI: The Somnium Files, which is great.

Oh, and read the other 7th Expansion games [such as umi and higu]

oh 2, Enigma!

oh 3, Swan Song!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I actually read AI: The Somnium Files for got to mention that one. 

I think Root Double may be the one I loved the infinity series also heard a lot of good things about Raging Loop.

I'm down to Root Double, Raging Loop, Subarashiki, and The Sekimeiya for next to read. 

6 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

Wonderful Everyday (Subarashiki Hibi) is what you're looking for.

Some of its content is rather messed up, though

I think you may be right. I don’t mind messed up I actually kind of like it when it’s related to the story and not going overboard just for shock value