Which games do you love the story but uninterested with the gameplay?

ztrepzilius

Every Souls game (including Sekiro & Blooborne) would hit this mark. I like the worlds they build and the low-key manner in which they present their stories, but I have no patience for the brutal difficulty. I end up spending my time in wikis and YouTube rather than actually playing the games.

Also all overly-grindy, random encounter based JRPGs. I like doing completionist runs in my games and JRPGs often treat those as apportunities to simply waste your time with repetitive BS. Not sure why people find that fun. 

• 10 months later...

The Yakuza/Judgment games, not the combat but the minigames as here they can be considered a part of the main gameplay.

I know they are also the main draw for many people, but i just suck at most genres outside of RPG so i want to start screaming anytime i have to play a minigame.

10 hours ago, sarkasmus said:

The Yakuza/Judgment games, not the combat but the minigames as here they can be considered a part of the main gameplay.

I know they are also the main draw for many people, but i just suck at most genres outside of RPG so i want to start screaming anytime i have to play a minigame.

What fucks me up about those games is how the minigames are not just funny little pastimes. No, they're serious business and it will kill you if you are a completionist. Whenever you can play actual board games like shogi or go in these games they have easy settings, but you can literally set them up to have to play against grandmaster elo players you could never beat irl. So if you are here to challenge yourself you might as well learn the entire board game and play it for 10 years before you can get the satisfaction to beat them on highest difficulty. It is insane.

47 minutes ago, HataVNI said:

What fucks me up about those games is how the minigames are not just funny little pastimes. No, they're serious business and it will kill you if you are a completionist. Whenever you can play actual board games like shogi or go in these games they have easy settings, but you can literally set them up to have to play against grandmaster elo players you could never beat irl. So if you are here to challenge yourself you might as well learn the entire board game and play it for 10 years before you can get the satisfaction to beat them on highest difficulty. It is insane.

Most of the time i won't even get that far (well maybe i could for the ones like shogi if i had the time to learn it properly) at anything like beat'em up, racing or Rythm-games I usually don't even get past the tutorial no matter how hard i try when it's a full game and i get similar results in the minigame versions.

And for some reason they lock whole questlines and with that the amon-fights behind them which makes it extra frustrating as you miss out on main content because you suck at another genre.