Visual Novel Monthly Recap - October 2021 News (ft. Koikari + Dohna Dohna)

NowItsAngeTime

Shiravune already releasing a translated version of Dohna Dohna is pretty surprising - it's Alice Soft's latest project after all. It looks kinda cool with its hyper-stylish art style, but I also find it difficult to figure out what this VN is actually about.

But it's also a bit shocking to hear that Sol Press intends to self-destruct by... not paying taxes?! That can't end well. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see what I can comment in regard of October 2021 news here.

• That's too bad about Sol Press there, although then again if they avoiding pay the tax then they have no one to blame but themselves (And no, announcing that their VNs were pirated a lot won't magically paid the tax and allow them to do the business again). Quite ironic that the CEO want to form this because he find the VN translation process is quite slow, and yet he gave up on the VN and thus their VN translation speed becoming the slowest one. All in all, it's a relieve that I didn't need to track their progress anymore, although if they want to revive then of course they can do that and I'll keep tracking their progress again. For the licenses, I guess FAVORITE may consider Nekonyan to licensed Irotoridori and the rest of their VNs, although Shiravune here is not bad choice either (Especially for Windmill VNs).
  • I understand some has doubt on whether Monkeys will be censored or not, so let's just hope that whoever responsible for the localization (Preferably Shiravune) would not censor this. Of course I also hope that the developer won't make an unreasonable request to censoring the VN for overseas release later.
  • Looks like even Steam was swamped by a number of game to reviewed and thus they only manage to properly reviewed Abaddon five days before the release and banned it thanks to the disturbing contents, which obviously was raised some question from Fakku themselves. Well have fun if one was interested with Abaddon there, although admittedly the VNDB score of this not quite bad there.
  • Well at least good for Frontwing that they still manage to license the VN from another company (Aikagi) despite their issue with Sharin Kickstarter. As for Aokana 2, well nice for Aokana fans who want more of Misaki I suppose (I'm going to say that Nekonyan will localize this as well in the future along with the planned side stories).
  • Mangagamer did release Love Sweets, and what I can say is that it's quite underrated if not overshadowed by even Ninki Seiyuu in that the latter has interesting premise with the heroines work as the VAs and the MC was help the heroines to do their best. If anything else, at least Love Sweets here is a nice VN in case you need a simple moege without much additional contents or drama.
  • While Karichaimashita here is also moege to a degree, unlike Love Sweets it focused more on the comedy and the MC himself is a poor student who focused on money thanks to him taking care of his little sister alone. While the premise sounds grim and the fact that the MC was paid to be someone special, the tone of this VN is still comedy as per what the company (ASa Project) usually did so you better expect the comedy on this. Oh yes this is Nekonyan's release for this month, and with Karichaimashita release here I hope that they can also localize Renai x Royale as well.
  • Other than Ninki Seiyuu, Shiravune here also release Dohna Dohna in that it's the latest Alicesoft VN. Like other Alicesoft VN, it has gameplay in that you must groomed your hustler (ie prostitute) to be capable getting money from the men who seek sexual satisfaction. The story of Dohna Dohna itself is about a pimp who is also a second in command of an outlaw group who rebel in a city that was ruled with an iron fist by a gigantic corporation (So it's sort of like FF7 (Some did say that it's like Persona 5 thanks to the group has second outfit to fight and that the graphic is quite stylish), although in FF7 here we obviously didn't have Cloud selling some hustler). With Dohna Dohna here was localized by Shiravune, perhaps we may have Shiravune here localized Evenicle 2 as well.

That's all for what I can say in regard of October 2021 news.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 2:49 PM, ChaosRaven said:

Shiravune already releasing a translated version of Dohna Dohna is pretty surprising - it's Alice Soft's latest project after all. It looks kinda cool with its hyper-stylish art style, but I also find it difficult to figure out what this VN is actually about.

But it's also a bit shocking to hear that Sol Press intends to self-destruct by... not paying taxes?! That can't end well. :unsure:

I am disappointed That Dohna Dohna still has mosaic censorship unlike other AliceSoft eroges like the Rance series.