• Conqueror
    • Demon
  2. 2. Favorite Main Girl

• Ichijo
    • Kanae
    • Chachamaru
    • Muramasa
    • Hikaru

I saw a few blog post reviews, but was surprised there wasn't a Discussion topic for one of the highest rated visual novels in the west and Japan. Especially since this was one of THE legendary untranslated """kamige""" for the longest time.

Anyway, what's your opinion on it?

I recently finished it and enjoyed it. Probably my favorite Nitro+ VN now, but I wouldn't quite put it on my list of favorite VNs.

Same. I was a quite hyped for a VN which everyone either hates it or puts it on the pedestal of a legendary VN with god-tier writing on the level of the greats of the literary canon.

It turned out... well not as great as expected. 

Is it a kamige? Not to me.

Is it worth playing? Definitely yes.

I'll give it an 8/10. Just don't expect any catharsis in any of the routes, except maybe the Demon route.

Disclaimer: The English version is obviously very different from the Japanese version which is almost universally praised. However... it probably doesn't matter too much. Also the H is terrible. They are short and all very disturbing - even discounting the rape scenes, the pure love "vanilla" ones are equally disturbing.

3 hours ago, LAsuka said:

Same. I was a quite hyped for a VN which everyone either hates it or puts it on the pedestal of a legendary VN with god-tier writing on the level of the greats of the literary canon.

It turned out... well not as great as expected. 

Is it a kamige? Not to me.

Is it worth playing? Definitely yes.

I'll give it an 8/10. Just don't expect any catharsis in any of the routes, except maybe the Demon route.

Disclaimer: The English version is obviously very different from the Japanese version which is almost universally praised. However... it probably doesn't matter too much. Also the H is terrible. They are short and all very disturbing - even discounting the rape scenes, the pure love "vanilla" ones are equally disturbing.

This is pretty much my opinion abridged.