Something close to ayakashibito

adrovki

Hello friends, I am pretty new to visual novel and very addicted. I hope some can help me find more like I mention in title.

What I like best in this novel is:

-Very interesting japanese lore and myth

-Character all have powers, everyone is useful in his/her own way, nobody is very weak or useless

-The story is deep and main cast has diverse but interesting (back)stories

-Although is serious story there is also enough humor and lighthearted stuff

-While superpower is fantasy, the story seem realistic, not sure how to explain but they worked out good balance between reality/fantasy

I hope I gave enough (maybe too much) detail from what I liked

Well friend, look no further than Full Metal Daemon Muramasa. It pretty much checks every dot points you have up there. MC and main heroines are very interesting and extremely well written. Fight scene is detailed, challenging and requires MC to use his brain. The antagonists are charismatic and even though they are the bad guys, I cannot help but actually enjoy all the scenes that they are in. The only thing that may turn you off with the VN is that it is dark (as with most nitro+ titles).

A translated list:

The Nine series by Palette 

Tokyo Babel (though it might be too over the top, it has the same writer, humor and company as Ayakashibito)

Sorcery Jokers (might be too serious for what you wanted)

Fate/Stay Night (classic but kind of dated)

If you want some VNs with action, perhaps you can try Pygmalion (Same developer as Ayakashibito), Aoishiro, and Dies Irae (The former two are GL VNs though). Other than those, maybe Carnevale, 11eyes, and Kikokugai might sounds interesting to you there (Kikokugai is more like one man fighting and killing most of the casts though). I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun

18 hours ago, littleshogun said:

If you want some VNs with action, perhaps you can try Pygmalion (Same developer as Ayakashibito), Aoishiro, and Dies Irae (The former two are GL VNs though). Other than those, maybe Carnevale, 11eyes, and Kikokugai might sounds interesting to you there (Kikokugai is more like one man fighting and killing most of the casts though). I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you.

Pygmalion is trash, and though it is by the same company it has a different writer and its atmosphere is diametrically opposed to the rest of Propeller's games.  The latter reason is also applied to Aoishiro.  Dies Irae is too serious and dark for the humorous condition, which also disqualifies the rest of the games on that account (the reason I didn't recommend it).  The only game that might fit is 11eyes.