New and needing help!

nicole1312

Hello Community! I'm New..... Obviously..... Ha

I need some help with this site. My friend got me into it but I'm not sure how to download anything on my computer!

Is their anyone out their willing to do a step by step tutorial for me on how to download a visual novel??

It would be greatly appreciated!

I have already attempted to download 'Togainu No Chi' and 'DRAMAtical Murder' with no success.

PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE OUT!! :)

You need a torrent client first. Download utorrent from here http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable.

Afterwards, run the file you downloaded from fuwanovel with your torrent client. And after that it's just smooth sailing.

Also, welcome to fuwanovel. I hope you have fun here.

Welcome to the forums.

Regarding your questions:

First you have to pick a method of download: Direct download or Torrent Download

Fuwanovel uses torrent based downloads so i'll be covering that.

Firstly you need a torrent client

µTorrent and BitTorrent are two popular ones and i've used both.

Then you need a torrent file

Select the novel you want on fuwanovel and press download, you'll get a .torrent file

Open that file with your torrent client and press Ok when it asks you what files you want to download (In VNs you want to keep all files)

Wait for download to finish and you're done!

Go to the directory where your file was downloaded into and open it.

Follow any tutorials the website gives you that might be required to properly play it and that's it, happy reading!

(it's not often you see somebody that can't download via torrent but not everybody can know everything right)

I've never used a Torrent either. I suppose one day I'll be forced to learn how, but that day hasn't arrived yet.

Welcome nicole1312. I'd post a welcome image full of blood, gore and people fondling intestines, but I'm too lazy I've misplaced it.

Welcome to the forums. I personally use utorrent, but I never really tried any other clients. I know how to use utorrent, so I like it. It's great to be simple.

Anyway, you will usually need to change your system location to Japan in order to get the VN to work right. At least I'm pretty sure that right, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't listen to the Utorrent guys and go Deluge belive me 

and welcome to Fuwanyan (it's not often you see somebody that can't download via torrent but not everybody can know everything right)

Yeah its my first time doing something like this I really don't like downloading things on my computer; however, my friends say its safe so I'm giving it a shot! :)

I've never used a Torrent either. I suppose one day I'll be forced to learn how, but that day hasn't arrived yet.

Welcome nicole1312. I'd post a welcome image full of blood, gore and people fondling intestines, but I'm too lazy I've misplaced it.

Darn and I was so hoping to see that but if you misplaced it...

Welcome to the forums.

Regarding your questions:

First you have to pick a method of download: Direct download or Torrent Download

Fuwanovel uses torrent based downloads so i'll be covering that.

Firstly you need a torrent client

µTorrent and BitTorrent are two popular ones and i've used both.

Then you need a torrent file

Select the novel you want on fuwanovel and press download, you'll get a .torrent file

Open that file with your torrent client and press Ok when it asks you what files you want to download (In VNs you want to keep all files)

Wait for download to finish and you're done!

Go to the directory where your file was downloaded into and open it.

Follow any tutorials the website gives you that might be required to properly play it and that's it, happy reading!

Really thank you so much! this is just what I needed. I haven't exactly downloaded any yet but im working on it no. My utorrent is slow..... but if I have questions I hope I can come to you (or anyone else) to help me out

Yeah its my first time doing something like this I really don't like downloading things on my computer; however, my friends say its safe so I'm giving it a shot! :)

Really thank you so much! this is just what I needed. I haven't exactly downloaded any yet but im working on it no. My utorrent is slow..... but if I have questions I hope I can come to you (or anyone else) to help me out

if you download from fuwan is it 100% safe we have no viruses att all and i have never gotten any viruses from Nyaa or sukebei but there are some there (but hard to find if you don't download wierd shit)

and a mod i gonna get angry att you for tripple posting just to let you know and get "Deluge" utorrent was good some years ago untill they put the useless app section in (and all the other bloat ware

)

If there are no live torrents, I suggest copy-pasting the Japanese letters from the vndb page into the search box on Anime-sharing... a live ddl is bound to pop up, considering Togainu is translated, as I recall.  This is the rule of thumb for the downloading of any non-commercially localized VN, if there is no live torrent.  Though, most of the time fans keep the downloads alive somewhere.  I haven't played a translated VN in almost four years though, lol.

if you download from fuwan is it 100% safe we have no viruses att all and i have never gotten any viruses from Nyaa or sukebei but there are some there (but hard to find if you don't download wierd shit)

and a mod i gonna get angry att you for tripple posting just to let you know and get "Deluge" utorrent was good some years ago untill they put the useless app section in (and all the other bloat ware)

Thanks for confirming that you have no clue what people are talking about when they recommend utorrent 2.2.1. That version doesn't even use apps because you can't get them through the interface, so what's left is the very same interface deluge has written in C++ and not in Py/GTK+.

Not even to mention that Deluge's default configuration is entirely retarded for new and non-savvy users.

Thanks for confirming that you have no clue what people are talking about when they recommend utorrent 2.2.1. That version doesn't even use apps because you can't get them through the interface, so what's left is the very same interface deluge has written in C++ and not in Py/GTK+.

Not even to mention that Deluge's default configuration is entirely retarded for new and non-savvy users.

well what i saw off the deluge config file was it no wierd or retarded stuff

I don't totally understand this download (togainu no chi). It talks about daemon files and it opens up in adobe reader (probably something I did before asking for help). How do I get it to work right and what do I need to open it with.

I decided to use utorrent by the way cause my father said it was safe.

Lets just say I am completely lost.

for you to open the iso files is daemon tools wich makes a virtual CD drive in your computer it's really easy to use so you should work it out

OK!!!!! this is wayyyy more difficult then it needs to be!  I got the novel downloaded and daemon tools and put the file on daemon tools! so I open it download it play it...... I get a pop up that's not in English and it all goes away....I don't even get to the first screen.... what am I doing wrong????

OK!!!!! this is wayyyy more difficult then it needs to be!  I got the novel downloaded and daemon tools and put the file on daemon tools! so I open it download it play it...... I get a pop up that's not in English and it all goes away....I don't even get to the first screen.... what am I doing wrong????

you don't put the files in deamon tools you mount them in your virtual drive that deamon tool created for you just klick and then browse to the ISO file and klick okej and  then you go to my computer and go in to the virtual cd drive that you created and klick on it and then there should be an installer there (.exe file) just klick that and follow instructions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7q559kznlallma/Screenshot%202013-11-17%2002.23.11.png

and you need japanse system local guide is in here 

https://fuwanovel.net/faq/setting-windows-to-japanese-locale

An ISO file is an archive file of an optical disc, a type of disk image composed of the data contents of every written sector of an optical disc.

Basically it's like if you had a CD and to install it or open its contents (since you don't actually have a CD) you need a proper tool, that is what Daemon tools is.

Daemon tools will install the game or open the files within that disk image for you as if you were putting the CD in your computer, except it's all virtually done.

Open Daemon Tools and browse to look for the ISO file you want.

Click mount and that should be it, whatever that disk image countained will now be extracted from the ISO file into a new directory that you can select where it will be located.

Other methods:

Currently some extracting programs like WinRAR,  IZArc and 7-Zip already have options to extract files from an ISO file, maybe you should try some of them if a mounting tool is too complicated.

Just open whichever you chose to download and look for the ISO file, open it and extract its files and that's it.

If it's an installer type of ISO image just click install instead of extract.

Also like Sioxz mentioned, for the game to function you NEED to have your system locale changed to Japanese

An ISO file is an archive file of an optical disc, a type of disk image composed of the data contents of every written sector of an optical disc.

Basically it's like if you had a CD and to install it or open its contents (since you don't actually have a CD) you need a proper tool, that is what Daemon tools is.

Daemon tools will install the game or open the files within that disk image for you as if you were putting the CD in your computer, except it's all virtually done.

Open Daemon Tools and browse to look for the ISO file you want.

Click mount and that should be it, whatever that disk image countained will now be extracted from the ISO file into a new directory that you can select where it will be located.

Other methods:

Currently some extracting programs like WinRAR,  IZArc and 7-Zip already have options to extract files from an ISO file, maybe you should try some of them if a mounting tool is too complicated.

Just open whichever you chose to download and look for the ISO file, open it and extract its files and that's it.

If it's an installer type of ISO image just click install instead of extract.

Also like Sioxz mentioned, for the game to function you NEED to have your system locale changed to Japanese

okay! I actually got the game to work; however, its not in English and I have my language thing set to japan..... so now what?

okay! I actually got the game to work; however, its not in English and I have my language thing set to japan..... so now what?

Did you download the game from Fuwanovel? 

If yes, does the game's page at Fuwanovel have any instructions on how to start the game or install the patch?

Look for these things first. 

Some novels have two or more .exe files and only one will lead to the english game, others don't have the patch fully installed and you need to run a specific .bat file. 

There should be instructions in the novel's page where you downloaded it from if it was from Fuwanovel. Just scroll down to the bottom and look for them.