Visual Novel Monthly Recap - September 2021 News (ft. HaremKingdom)

NowItsAngeTime

• 2 weeks later...

Compared to August, September here didn't have much activity when it come to releases, although Shiravune here is manage to bring some surprise here. Let's see what I can say in regard of September 2021 news.

• X-Change remake release by JAST, well sure why not. At least JAST can take a breather after Muramasa release here, and if anything else at least they still release a VN even if the VN in question is essentially just a remake of their older release (After all I still remember that JAST was quite infamous for their slow release with no update back at six or seven years ago). Oh yes X-Change here is the VN with the MC was genderbent into female, so you can enjoy GL sex scenes here lol although the MC can also revert back into male.
  • Well good luck with Nitroplus in regard of separation between the companies that seems to be a trend there (I did know that Laplacian and Yuzusoft did form a new branch in regard of 18+ contents). If anything else, I suppose Nitroplus will deal with Sonicomi like VN while Nitroorigin may deal with VN that has same tone as Muramasa or Tokyo Necro (ie they may the one that will develop Project Vermillion). Speaking of Nitroplus, turned out that Axanael translation team was very serious to translate it so good luck to the team if only for the sake of more translated Nitroplus VN (Even with Muramasa here).
  • I know that recently Mangagamer was very passionate by announced several nukige and released Namaiki, but can I hope that they'll release Sona-Nyl in the near future? Well I guess they still need to work on that some more before finally released it.
  • More translation attempts for Type-Moon VNs (Fate re-translation and Tsukihime Remake translation), so I can only say good luck to them and I'm content with the current translation of those two VNs (And I doubt that any new readers would have much problem with the translation unless they somehow decided to learn Japanese first only to read translated version of the VNs later).
  • Regarding of Olympia Soiree, I can only say that I hope Aksys Game can expand their platform to PC because I see that some of their otome VNs has interesting premise and yet the availability itself is limited because so far they only limit the release at console only.
  • Good job that Shiravune did release Onmyouji Sayaka, in which it mean that finally they manage to break the curse that Debonosou overseas release will always be censored because the two times they tried to localized their own VNs (Sorakumo and Kagura Douchuuki) they always try to release it on Steam and obviously they didn't add the 18+ patch just like Pulltop. As for the VN itself, it has Hello Lady writer (Wataru Hino) along with Dies Irae artist and composer although it should be obvious that the premise (It's just a nukige with the premise that the heroine (Sayaka) will have a lot of sex in order to fight the monster like Beat series) won't allow much writing and soundtrack like their previous VNs. Speaking of Beat, unlike that the sex scenes in here is mostly normal one safe for one scene so don't expect that Sayaka will suffer a number of disturbing sex scenes like at Beat.
  • Shiravune did give us surprise by them released HaremKingdom. The surprise is because most of the people would obviously expect Nekonyan will localize it, and I expected that one of their secret project would be either Cafe Stella or HaremKingdom (Turned out that the project itself is Cafe Stella, although obviously I still expect Nekonyan will localize HaremKingdom). Then again with Chihiro Himukai writer (Hayase Yuu) is the usual writer for Smee and that HaremKingdom was written by him, it's normal to see that he work together with Shiravune in order to release his another VN. As for the VN itself, it's about the nameless MC (There's no default name for him) who somehow transferred into another world with his female best friend, and from there he was forced to become the king along with having the harem. If anything else, at least you can expect some comedy from the VN here. Also yes I know that it's technically an isekai nukige, but HaremKingdom here is obviously more interesting compared to usual short isekai nukige.

That's all for what I can comment in regard of September 2021 news here.