Visual novels to play

repleekhan

Hi guys, I would like to have some recommendations. So far, my favourite ones are Root double, zero escape, danganronpa series. (It is not a VN, but i really enjoyed ''The Council'' as well, it doesn't have to be VN as long as it is similiar) If possible, I would rather the ones with the same theme where you are stuck somewhere, looking for a way out etc. But I am totally okay with another differend theme too, as long as it is really good. Also, wouldn't want the MC to be a p*ssy, weak actually. Strong one, if possible. I don't know japanese, so english translated ones if possible. Thank you, waiting for delicious recommendations >.<

Nyaa-Anime-scaled.jpg

There's a tag of the VNs in question at VNDB, and the tag is 'Confinement'. As for what kind of VN that has the tag, the most famous one is Ever17 in which it's earlier work from both of Zero Escape writer and Root Double director back when they'd work together. Other than Ever17, I can also recommend some other VNs such as Raging Loop, I/O, and Remember11 (I/O didn't have trapped situation though). You can also try both of Somnium and Shibuya Scramble in case you interested with some detective VNs (The former was also worked on by Zero Escape writer and the latter is serve as the inspiration for said writer (And yes it used photo instead of drawing for the background)). I hope my recommendations here can be helpful to you in case you still didn't play those VNs.

Edited by littleshogun

11 hours ago, littleshogun said:

There's a tag of the VNs in question at VNDB, and the tag is 'Confinement'. As for what kind of VN that has the tag, the most famous one is Ever17 in which it's earlier work from both of Zero Escape writer and Root Double director back when they'd work together. Other than Ever17, I can also recommend some other VNs such as Raging Loop, I/O, and Remember11 (I/O is didn't have trapped situation though). You can also try both of Somnium and Shibuya Scramble in case you interested with some detective VNs (The former was also worked on by Zero Escape writer and the latter is serve as the inspiration for said writer (And yes it used photo instead of drawing for the background)). I hope my recommendations here can be helpful to you in case you still didn't play those VNs.

Thank you for ur recommendations! I will make sure to check them all