How come PARQUET, latest Yuzusoft's title* doesn't have a thread yet?

adamstan

Okay, it isn't "main" Yuzusoft, but still...

PARQUET

49225.jpg

Steam description:

In the near future, a technology called Brain-Machine Interface connects the brain and machines. This technology brings about a new paradigm and opens the gates to the digitization of human memory itself.

From these new discoveries, "he" is born. An illegal experiment mixes thousands of memories into a single vessel, creating a wholly new being.

Having only the memories of others, doubts about who he truly is start arising in his mind, until he gathers the courage to go out into the world in search of his true self.

As he steps into the real world, he meets two girls, Kido Tsubasa and Ibaraki Rino. Both kind souls whose lives have been touched by unscrupulous BMI experiments, just like him. Learning to live together with their secrets, "he" and "they" will bring about big changes...

The game is available on Steam in Japanese, English and Chinese. English translation is made by NekoNyan.

23 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Reception is rather lukewarm so far

Yeah, but there also seems to be quite big spread when it comes to ratings. It also seems that some people downvoted it on principle just because they got angry that this is an all-ages game ;) I don't think it will be as good as ATRI (which for some reasons came to my mind when I saw PARQUET), but I'm still going to give it a chance.

6 hours ago, adamstan said:

Yeah, but there also seems to be quite big spread when it comes to ratings. It also seems that some people downvoted it on principle just because they got angry that this is an all-ages game ;) I don't think it will be as good as ATRI (which for some reasons came to my mind when I saw PARQUET), but I'm still going to give it a chance.

I've talked to a few people who actually read it and didnt just rage vote

They are usually Yuzusoft fans and think it's fine, but it's probably not worth full price, and going to be way different, and nowhere near as compelling as the rest of the current English releases.

7 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

but it's probably not worth full price, and going to be way different, and nowhere near as compelling as the rest of the current English releases.

Ah, that might be true, yeah. Well, I still have some hopes for it, even if it won't be great. "Good" will be enough for this ;)

I read three VNs from Yuzusoft so far - Noble Works, Sanoba Witch and Natsuzora Kanata, and while I rated all three at 8 for various reasons, I think I liked the latter (Natsukana) the most - which, incidentally, is the oldest from the three, and most different from the "standard" Yuzusoft, since it's not high-school moege ;) So I don't think I count exactly as "Yuzusoft fan" - I'm just the guy who happened to enjoy some of their games ;)

As for the price - at least PARQUET is much cheaper than "full-sized" titles - when I bought it on Steam, it cost around 40% of the price of "big" JVN releases there ;)

Edited by adamstan