The Tsukihime remake is upon us, at long last

tahu157

13-ish years after it was announced, the Tsukihime remake has finally released. Has anyone gotten a chance to try it yet? What are your impressions? I just got my shipment notification from Play Asia this morning so I probably won't be able to try it out for another 2 weeks or something.

It's only been out for like half a day at this point and people have already seen fit to rate it very highly or very poorly on VNDB. Seems a little premature to me given that it's been out for about 16 hours or something, but oh well.

eCQRon6.png

Edited by tahu157

• tahu157 changed the title to The Tsukihime remake is upon us, at long last

Mm... honestly, I will have to wait until Type Moon gives in and releases a PC version or there is a Steam port like with Yu No.  It isn't that I'm not excited (I am), but getting region-locked games to work on consoles is a serious pain in the rear that usually involves breaking the warrantee.  

On 8/27/2021 at 4:49 AM, Clephas said:

Mm... honestly, I will have to wait until Type Moon gives in and releases a PC version or there is a Steam port like with Yu No.  It isn't that I'm not excited (I am), but getting region-locked games to work on consoles is a serious pain in the rear that usually involves breaking the warrantee.  

This isnt the ps2 era. Have a jpn psn account > buy it > download > switch back to regular account > play

5 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

This isnt the ps2 era. Have a jpn psn account > buy it > download > switch back to regular account > play

Agreed, except in this specific situation it's a Cero Z game so I think you need a Japanese credit card to buy a download edition. I guess that qualifies as age verification or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my copy in today. I got the limited edition because it was only $10 more or something. The box is enormous. Larger than the Mayoho box. Unfortunately my joycons died a few minutes in so I'm waiting for those to charge back up before I can really start reading it.

On 8/26/2021 at 9:49 PM, Clephas said:

Just tested it and it works with no hassle at all on Switch. Just straight up plug and play. It even let me download an update for it even though the Switch account I used to run the game is not associated with a Japanese Nintendo account.

As for the low score, well it's just some people did review bombing on this like back when Parquet was released in Japan. As for me, well nice that they got Ufotable to make the opening I guess. Not that I'm quite hype with this anyway seeing that we already have this translated way back at 2006 (Graphic and new contents aside), but at least it's good for anyone else who want to see the fight scene with voice and the effect like in Mahoyo. Oh yes it's also announced that they'll also remade Far Side routes as well, although it should be given anyway (Still no info whether there'll be Satsuki's route or not yet). Well have fun to anyone else who already play this.

PS - There's interesting fact that the VN was developed by using PC and then they port it for console, so it should be possible to port back this to PC through one way or another (Now that I think about it, perhaps Leaf/Aquaplus did the same as well when they make Utawarerumono sequel duology even if they didn't say anything about that).

Edited by littleshogun