Plot with less drama yet still good

AhegaoMan

Hello.

This is my first time making a post here. I just finished White Album 2 after finishing Fruits of Grisaia and, well.. I'm kind of exhausted.

Not that they're bad VNs but I'd like to read something more upbeat for now.

I'm not talking about nukige or something with no story at all, but something more simple, cheerful.. Something like Majikoi or Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road, preferably with that kind of artstyle. I personally dislike all those Clannad-like VNs or anime with gigantic eyes and far too young looking characters. Sexual content isn't a must, but I need the romance.

I'm also not fluent in japanese, only able to read hiragana, katakana and few kanji, so I'd like a translated piece.

Please, if anyone can give me anything, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by AhegaoMan

Since you read WA2, I'll assume you read untranslated.

Waga Himegimi ni Eikan O (https://vndb.org/v29057). It's a Minatosoft game, same vibes as Majikoi since it has the same writer, but it feels like an upgraded version since it's the newer one. Rich in characters and lore and probably has futures of fandiscs to come like Majikoi A. Also doesn't have that much drama, just the same level of drama as Majikoi 

Natsuiro Recipe- A light story, one of my recommendations for resting in between powerful stories.  It has mild nakige elements, but it is mostly just romance in the countryside with a little bit of story.

Anything by Clochette other than Amatsu Misora ni- All Clochette games have a central plot, but there is nothing particularly heavy or wordy about it.  It is roughly 80% SOL in all cases.

2 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Anything by Clochette other than Amatsu Misora ni- All Clochette games have a central plot, but there is nothing particularly heavy or wordy about it.  It is roughly 80% SOL in all cases.

What makes Amatsu Misora ni different from the others? (I got curious since it sits in my backlog/wishlist together with Suzunone Seven)

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

What makes Amatsu Misora ni different from the others? (I got curious since it sits in my backlog/wishlist together with Suzunone Seven)

Amatsu Misora ni just isn't as good as the rest of their games... it is a significant drop in quality.