Oyako Rankan Translation Project

pan12010

OYAKO RANKAN ENGLISH PROJECT TRANSLATION

26226.jpg

Visual Novel description

Project Information

Hello everyone, last month, since I started to self-teach Japanese, I asked myself why not to learn it while playing my favorite Visual Novel at the same time. After some research, I found that there's only a Prologue Patch+ Day 1 English Translation for this game and since I see no one else seems to interested to continue to translate the project. I take it upon myself to do the translation.

So the translation will mostly use DeepL and TranslationAggregator for every lines of the game for me to learn and memorize the Japanese grammar and vocabulary. At the moment, there's only me who's working on this project and I don't intend to recruit anyone else soon since I want to take my time to progress through the language. However when I advance in the script far enough (around 3/4 of the script), I'll probably recruit some proofreader and editer since English is also not my native language.

Even though there're many difficulties for this project, I hope I can go with you guys until the very end and produce something of quality. Thank you very much everyone.

Project Progress

Translation Progress: 5000/88847 lines (update 11/9, finished day 3)

Edited by pan12010

So at the moment, I've finished translating from prologue to day 3. To be honest, through the dialogue is not that hard, the H-scene is difficult to translate when mostly the character use the same words over and over,  and how you translate the sound effect.

Still does anybody have some knowledge on how to add new lines of text using alice-tools? I can't manage to do it so at the moment, I can only edit the already existing lines and alternate between them to write some more long phrase.  

That's it from me for now. It would be great if somebody knows how to use alice-tools and contact me to decrease the time of editing.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Considering that there's no progress for some times, safe to say that the translator might have some other urgent business so much that he didn't have enough time to work on this VN. Of course though he might be already translated some of the scripts and he just forgot to update the progress here.

Edited by littleshogun

18 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Considering that there's no progress for some times, safe to say that the translator might have some other urgent business so much that he didn't have enough time to work on this VN. Of course though he might be already translated some of the scripts and he just forgot to update the progress here.

Please stop treating MTL projects like real projects. Every VN already has an MTL translation done.

Just answering the one who ask the question here, and after I read more I can say that he just use the translation for himself so I suppose we may never to see the patch released which might be for the best (Well I would say that there won't be any point to publicly announce the project if he intend to have the patch for himself, but whatever).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...