Not the Target Audience

Zoxell

Howdy, all! As the title suggests, I'm somewhat far from center of the target audience for most visual novels. I'm an oldtimer D&D pen and paper RPGer turned MMO junkie, FPS practitioner, Sims3 storytelling blogger and, now, avid visual novel consumer. I'm also now rediscovering anime for the first time since Ronald Reagan was president. I'm an imperfect but striving  husband, dad, programmer, teacher, and outdoorsman who seems to always find and hike the rocky trails. Those are the most fun! But it's murder on the knees...

Edited by Zoxell

*a pool of black liquid spreads across the earth around you, thickening, rippling, orange-eyed faces with maniacal smiles occasionally appearing from within, filling the air around you with a chorus of madness... before gathering to create a gate to somewhere... elsewhere, revealing a massive orange eye the size of a star*  Welcome to Fuwanovel.  

2 minutes ago, Clephas said:

*a pool of black liquid spreads across the earth around you, thickening, rippling, orange-eyed faces with maniacal smiles occasionally appearing from within, filling the air around you with a chorus of madness... before gathering to create a gate to somewhere... elsewhere, revealing a massive orange eye the size of a star*  Welcome to Fuwanovel.  

"I hit it with my sword."

49 minutes ago, Clephas said:

*the eye merely blinks, your sword dissolving into its component atoms before being absorbed into the endless abyssal cosmos beyond the gate*

"I look at the Dwarf who sold the usless item, 'Gimme my twenty copper back, you cheat! You told me that thing was a relic'. I then throw the Dwarf at the eye"

53 minutes ago, Zoxell said:

"I look at the Dwarf who sold the usless item, 'Gimme my twenty copper back, you cheat! You told me that thing was a relic'. I then throw the Dwarf at the eye"

*The dwarf is absorbed for a moment, then returns, his eyes orange and glowing, his teeth turned to steel and sharpened to points, a mad grin on his face that somehow combines absolute love and feral hunger together*

1 hour ago, Clephas said:

*The dwarf is absorbed for a moment, then returns, his eyes orange and glowing, his teeth turned to steel and sharpened to points, a mad grin on his face that somehow combines absolute love and feral hunger together*

"Tch! ...now maybe you'll finally be useful in a fight. Where's my twenty copper?"

5 hours ago, Zoxell said:

"Tch! ...now maybe you'll finally be useful in a fight. Where's my twenty copper?"

*The dwarf is suffering from the debuff 'Madness' plus permanent status change, 'Blood of Clephas', it has failed its Will roll, it is hungry, it tries to devour you out of love*

4 hours ago, Clephas said:

*The dwarf is suffering from the debuff 'Madness' plus permanent status change, 'Blood of Clephas', it has failed its Will roll, it is hungry, it tries to devour you out of love*

"Again?... SERIOUSLY!? Stupid dwarf..." I dig around my pack and find the purse containing what remains of my coin after the cheat dwarf sold me the "relic" sword dissolved by the universe-gateway-eyeball-thingy. I toss it at the dwarf's feet knowing that the prospect of free coin will cure any ailment plaguing that greedy little rock troll. I then turn to the eyeball, annoyed, "Whatta YOU lookin at?"

7 hours ago, Zoxell said:

"Again?... SERIOUSLY!? Stupid dwarf..." I dig around my pack and find the purse containing what remains of my coin after the cheat dwarf sold me the "relic" sword dissolved by the universe-gateway-eyeball-thingy. I toss it at the dwarf's feet knowing that the prospect of free coin will cure any ailment plaguing that greedy little rock troll. I then turn to the eyeball, annoyed, "Whatta YOU lookin at?"

*The dwarf eats the coin, then goes back to shuffling after you*

*The eye rolls then unleashes its magic catgirls with their clothes made out of writhing, fleshy tentacles*

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

*The dwarf eats the coin, then goes back to shuffling after you*

*The eye rolls then unleashes its magic catgirls with their clothes made out of writhing, fleshy tentacles*

"Hmmm... catgirls or dwarf ...catgirls or dwarf..." I mumble, scratching my chin thoughtfully. "well, duh... WOO-HOO! CATGIRLS!"

1 hour ago, Zoxell said:

"Hmmm... catgirls or dwarf ...catgirls or dwarf..." I mumble, scratching my chin thoughtfully. "well, duh... WOO-HOO! CATGIRLS!"

*You are enveloped by the tentacle catgirls, you have gained the Madness debuff, you have gained the permanent status change, 'Blood of Clephas', go forth and show the world that love lies in devouring!*

52 minutes ago, Clephas said:

*You are enveloped by the tentacle catgirls, you have gained the Madness debuff, you have gained the permanent status change, 'Blood of Clephas', go forth and show the world that love lies in devouring!*

"meow..."

Welcome to Fuwanovel and sorry for the belated greeting. I see that you're probably at 50 something there just like Ittaku. Well it's okay though if you've been playing some VNs recently, and of course you may ask for some recommendations if you want it. Lastly I hope that you'll enjoy yourself here.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 11:28 PM, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel and sorry for the belated greeting. I see that you're probably at 50 something there just like Ittaku. Well it's okay though if you've been playing some VNs recently, and of course you may ask for some recommendations if you want it. Lastly I hope that you'll enjoy yourself here.

Thank you much! Indeed just now hitting my prime! ...dang hip *snap*