Will Anyone From America or Europe Make a Quality Visual Novel with a Black Protagonist ?

Nenor5VB

Do you think anyone from USA or Europe would make a Visual Novel with a Black Protagonist ?

We really need a VN like that fast and pronto. Because so far, there has been almost zero depictions of Black Male MCs being in a romantic relationship with any anime-style girl except for Bob Makihara in a very old anime ( Tenjou Tenge ), so I would very much like to play at least ONE VN with an MC like that.

I may not be African IRL, but just a dark-skinned Asian from SEA, but I can relate and self-insert as any character that is either brown or darker(like Black people) because whenever I see characters that share my skin color get some love in anime-style fictional works, I feel comforted and satisfied, since I don't have a GF IRL and can't get one due to very complicated reasons.

So, do you think anyone will make it so that I and other people of darker skin complexions can enjoy a lot ? Lighter guys already have so much representation, so can't you give us our turn for a Self-Insert Protagonist just for this one or few times for us to buy and play, pretty please ? Please pass this thread to the relevant companies that can help make this goal be accomplished. Onegai Shimasu !

I myself have enjoyed countless stories with a lighter-skinned protagonist, so can't you guys do the same in reverse, pwease~~? :kasumicry:

16 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

You really like to keep making this topic don't you?

There's something fascinating with how this thread is evolving with every iteration though. Like, he never directly responds to feedback or discusses stuff in the way forums users usually do, but you can see the effects of our responses every time this pops up. The framing is always slightly different and new arguments are replacing the ones that were most violently rebuked.

It's as if this was some kind of spell, with the author looking for that one exact set of words that will magically conjure his dream project into existence. I haven't seen anything like it before.

And @Nenor5VB, maaaaaan... Above all, this is not really a dev forums. You can somewhat hope to find translators here, but there's very little chance that someone even capable of furthering you cause will ever read what you publish around here. I've said this before, but there are outlets out there that are way more fit to host this topic – particularly after it has been utterly depleted around here. Lemma Soft, VN Dev subreddit, maybe CloudNovel forums or other platform-related sites. You're just talking at void at this point and if you keep it up, I'll seriously consider removing all future threads for redundancy.

I'm curious about something. This time around your stated goal is to have a character that looks like you that you can self-insert with. Why ask for black protagonist instead of a "dark-skinned Asian from SEA" whose skin tone is /exactly/ like yours? iirc in your previous threads you had asked for black representation in a way that made it sound like a charity project you were running on behalf of black people. Was that always a ploy to get a character that looks at least tangentially like you and not actually a way to increase black representation in VNs? As in, maybe you thought a black protagonist VN had a better shot at getting made than a "dark-skinned Asian from SEA" VN, so you asked for that and you figured the Venn-diagram overlap was good enough for your self-inserting needs? That's my theory about this saga.

3 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I'll seriously consider removing all future threads for redundancy.

Please don't these threads are actually very interesting.

Edited by tahu157

6 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

There's something fascinating with how this thread is evolving with every iteration though. Like, he never directly responds to feedback or discusses stuff in the way forums users usually do, but you can see the effects of our responses every time this pops up. The framing is always slightly different and new arguments replacing the ones that were most violently rebuked.

It's as if this was some kind of spell, with the author looking for that one exact set of words that will magically conjure his dream project into existence. I haven't seen anything like it before.

I havent seen anything like this either. Its a certain kind of interesting I haven't seen before. 

I see that you now used emoticon of anime character crying, which to say is very fantastic on it's own.

Seriously though, at this rate you'll going in circle by your request (If not command) in regard of creating black skinned MC in a VN. I'm not saying that it's not possible to have black skinned MC in a VN, but I afraid I must say that your point here might be taken as an insult to even black skinned people because you just directly assume that what black skinned people need to be happy is just to self insert with the same skin colored MC, while actually there's a lot of factor that can make black skinned people to be happy just like any other people. As for your real life situation, while I can see that your issue is understandable I think it shouldn't be used as the reason for keep futilely begging and crying asking for a VN with dark skinned MC just for you to self insert (I don't think that it's usual for the people to self insert just because of the same skin color), although if you just want to entertain us like a clown then I have nothing to say other than keep at it until you get what you want.

PS - From your past posts I know that you're willing to work hard to get the VN with black skinned MC and has very big production value only to have lack on resources problem, but considering that you said that you've been depressed because of that perhaps it's about time you took some time to rest and recuperation from VNs for some times.

Edited by littleshogun

On 8/16/2021 at 9:43 AM, Nenor5VB said:

Do you think anyone from USA or Europe would make a Visual Novel with a Black Protagonist ?

We really need a VN like that fast and pronto. Because so far, there has been almost zero depictions of Black Male MCs being in a romantic relationship with any anime-style girl except for Bob Makihara in a very old anime ( Tenjou Tenge ), so I would very much like to play at least ONE VN with an MC like that.

I'm a cosmic horror/guro guy, romance not so much. The 'Perceptions of the Dead' Anthology by Ithaqua Labs is great and has several pretty epic African American Characters. Their stuff is excellent and feels like a visual novel adaptation along the lines of some of the adventures from the old Call of Cthulhu Tabletop RPG, but with a more creative flair.  Very cool. 

Mr C.
Arcane City Game Studios

Well, it's not a company and I honestly don't know where the dev is from but I suppose since I know of a game with dark skinned MC, it wouldn't hurt to promote it a bit. Mind you it's a 18+ mostly foot fetish mecha harem? game currently in development [though I think the first part is almost done]. It's actually surprisingly fun and has lots of transformation sequences. Lots of h scenes, though, as that's how the mech is powered. vndb I'm honestly sharing cause you seem desperate so don't tell me you won't touch it cause it's not professional.

What a coincidence, I was just on the phone with a VN developer located in Asia, Africa, Australia and Antarctica. They had this amazing concept about a VN featuring a Black protagonist.

But I unfortunately had to tell them, that this guy called Nenor5VB only wanted something like this from a European or American developer. So they obliged and cancelled the whole project.