Suzukuri Karin-chan -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- won't start properly

iMarioLink

Hey, I also made a thread on vndb, but unfortunately the issue still couldn't be fixed.

I want to play the game Suzukuri Karin-chan -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- , it's an append version, meaning that it can only be played if the original game is installed. The original game is also installed on my pc both on Drive D:\ with D:\MeiqApd and D:\meiq. The original game still works. When I start the game, I can play it and save normally. But when I try to start -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- with the desktop shortcut , it starts the game for a couple of seconds with a black screen. then it immediately closes the game. But when I start the game from Disk (using the install launcher), then the game starts correctly and I can play and save. But in many cases even the disc launcher has the problem, that it will close the game immediately and won't start.

What I already did is deinstalling and reinstalling BOTH games and clearing the save files.

My system local is already on Japanese. I tried it with a local emulator, but it didn't work.

I don't know if this warning is relevant to this case, but when I start the original game. This warning always pops up:

ゲームフォルダにアクセスできませんでした。
正常にゲームデータが保存できない可能性があります。
ゲームフォルダのオプションを確認してください
-別のフォルダに再インストールしてください

But I can still play the original game and save normally without problems.

This warning also pops up on -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- , but only when the game starts correctly without closing immediately.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it? Or has anyone the same problem?

On 8/8/2021 at 5:27 AM, iMarioLink said:

Hey, I also made a thread on vndb, but unfortunately the issue still couldn't be fixed.

I want to play the game Suzukuri Karin-chan -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- , it's an append version, meaning that it can only be played if the original game is installed. The original game is also installed on my pc both on Drive D:\ with D:\MeiqApd and D:\meiq. The original game still works. When I start the game, I can play it and save normally. But when I try to start -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- with the desktop shortcut , it starts the game for a couple of seconds with a black screen. then it immediately closes the game. But when I start the game from Disk (using the install launcher), then the game starts correctly and I can play and save. But in many cases even the disc launcher has the problem, that it will close the game immediately and won't start.

What I already did is deinstalling and reinstalling BOTH games and clearing the save files.

My system local is already on Japanese. I tried it with a local emulator, but it didn't work.

I don't know if this warning is relevant to this case, but when I start the original game. This warning always pops up:

ゲームフォルダにアクセスできませんでした。
正常にゲームデータが保存できない可能性があります。
ゲームフォルダのオプションを確認してください
-別のフォルダに再インストールしてください

But I can still play the original game and save normally without problems.

This warning also pops up on -Hoshiyomi no Shintaku- , but only when the game starts correctly without closing immediately.

Has anyone an idea how to fix it? Or has anyone the same problem?

Assuming the issue is similar to the Shiravune Karin Dungeon release

I just continued opening the exe multiple times, including a few running as admin, until it worked

You could try putting an adblock whitelist on the directory too

On 8/13/2021 at 8:08 AM, NowItsAngeTime said:

Assuming the issue is similar to the Shiravune Karin Dungeon release

I just continued opening the exe multiple times, including a few running as admin, until it worked

You could try putting an adblock whitelist on the directory too

That's exactly the issue I have except that I always have to run it as admin. I have to start the game multiple times so that it works properly.

Can you explain what you mean with 'adblock whitelist'?

23 minutes ago, iMarioLink said:

That's exactly the issue I have except that I always have to run it as admin. I have to start the game multiple times so that it works properly.

Can you explain what you mean with 'adblock whitelist'?

Oops by adblock I meana antivirus like Windows Defender or Avast or something

You have to set antivirus to set exceptions when scanning for viruses in the game folder location