Jump to content

Senmomo: A Billowing Bladestorm, A Persica Princess Translation Project


Recommended Posts

I see someone pretty much obsessed with August VN so much he said some inappropriate words. I can only say that if the lack of updates of it (Never mind that Senmomo so far has regular updates in regard of editing) drive someone into being rude here, then perhaps it would be better for that person to learn Japanese and forgot about the English project of it. I know that I shouldn't say this, but sometimes extreme situation need extreme solution.

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • DubstepKazoo changed the title to Senmomo: A Billowing Bladestorm, A Persica Princess Translation Project

So, uh, funny story, guys. I actually kinda forgot this thread exists. The project has made... a lot of progress since this thread last heard from me, and I've updated the OP to reflect that. The short story? Editing is at around 70% now. If you want updates in real time, do absolutely keep an eye on that spreadsheet - Lonesome and I usually go through one or two script files a week - or the weekly translation status threads on /r/vns, where I write comments every week.

Additionally, sometime, oh... about a month from now, maybe, I'm toying with the idea of spending a day sitting in the public voice channel of the Discord server to chat and answer any questions about the project while I open an absolutely preposterous amount of TCG product I preordered. It would be "a day" in Japan time, though, so that'd be nighttime for America and a horribly ungodly hour for Europe.

We're looking at a 2023 release date, barring some major holdup. I'm really excited to share this amazing game with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sirbanana said:

nooo not the heckin inappropriate words!!!! how could i do that????!!1

reddit is two blocks down mr esl, though this shithole might as well be the same shit. you clearly haven't been in the tl scene for long enough to know people like this will only respond to you if you tell them you'll fuck their mother with a controller. it was the same shit with the amagami tl project, everyone thought it was an april fools joke until people started saying them "inappropriate words" on the internet and they put up a partial patch, scared of what the fearful internet devils would say next if they didn't. this shit doesn't really work nowadays, but it's always worth a try

kazoo, im not believing a single word of yours until you post a partial patch. you were supposed to put that shit up last year, what in the flying fuck have you been doing until now aside from blogposting whatever the fuck you've been reading on plebbit and jerking off your editor? 

i remember mirrormoon to be actually competent translators, but that was in the past, now we are stuck with this shit. what a joke

Simmer down with the horses, sirbanana. Man's gonna release a patch and you get your meds and we all fine yo. Not need for all the copium :P
Your mode of communication is not exactly the most convincing and motivating but yeah. Let's give Kazoo the benefit of the doubt.
 

2 hours ago, Satsuki said:

And here I thought that **** who created an account just to come in here throwing insults would be insta-ban lol.

Anyway, not a big fan of August (dropped Daitoshokan after a few hours), but good luck with the project I guess.

I can understand frustration about Aiyoku no Eustia not being out. What the fuck are THEY doing? Probably trying to sell out or the sort? From what I am aware of it is impossible to get August to budge, but idk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satsuki said:

And here I thought that **** who created an account just to come in here throwing insults would be insta-ban lol.

Anyway, not a big fan of August (dropped Daitoshokan after a few hours), but good luck with the project I guess.

what reports is for :tsubame:. and i banned the banana. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satsuki said:

And here I thought that **** who created an account just to come in here throwing insults would be insta-ban lol.

Anyway, not a big fan of August (dropped Daitoshokan after a few hours), but good luck with the project I guess.

Imo it is important to be letting people vent first and see if they make an argument or if they are just hating around. In this case it was clearly hating around, even after my less successful attempts at soothing the situation. So yeah - Banado Numero uno since the revival. Must be worth an achievement on XBOX.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see that the first impression here is definitely not the sign on how people will act, although after three times he keep posting like that obviously it'll raise some eyebrows. Not to mention that his first post here is just directly ask for the release rashly, which to say can be treated as rude and entitled. Also while I'm obviously lamented that Yoake didn't have the sex scenes translated, the all age version here has two additional routes which mean more contents for the story so it's logical if the translator chose the version that has more story (If anything else, Yoake here is like Aselia). By the way if one year is all he need to be snapped by the lack of update, imagine what would happen if he is been waiting for Eustia until now (Although he may as well was already snapped because of the wait for Eustia here).

Lastly while it's still too bad that August VN here is cursed, seeing that nowadays there's a lot of translated VNs released from the other groups or companies with several VNs are from one company (ie Yuzusoft, Alice Soft, Smee, and Marmalade with Yuzusoft is previously thought as another cursed company), it would be better to just move on instead of being obsessed by one company because it's clear on how much it does to the mental health (If the banned user is not trolling that is).

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to see that the VN community has become so toxic over the last few years. I remember at one time it got really bad on here, but it seems it has been reigned in. My thoughts are that if you are doing a TL to release to the public then you should do as good a job as you can. Machine TL does not cut it, as anyone could do that. Whoever is translating should have a competent level of the Japanese language. Now maybe this is a legit TL and not a machine one. I guess those who are interested in it will find out. The bad thing about VNs getting a machine TL is that once it is released that is it and no one will touch it again ruining it for everyone that wanted to read it. I personally have no interest in this one, but I hope it turns out for the best for those who have been waiting for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Sad to see that the VN community has become so toxic over the last few years. I remember at one time it got really bad on here, but it seems it has been reigned in. My thoughts are that if you are doing a TL to release to the public then you should do as good a job as you can. Machine TL does not cut it, as anyone could do that. Whoever is translating should have a competent level of the Japanese language. Now maybe this is a legit TL and not a machine one. I guess those who are interested in it will find out. The bad thing about VNs getting a machine TL is that once it is released that is it and no one will touch it again ruining it for everyone that wanted to read it. I personally have no interest in this one, but I hope it turns out for the best for those who have been waiting for it.

DubstepKazoo and his editor definitely know JP from what you can judge how they engage with JP materials and topics over on Reddit. They're a bit elitist (given alwayslonesome's disparagement of the mostly solid White Album 2 TL) so they got some tough shoes to fill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HataVNI said:

DubstepKazoo and his editor definitely know JP from what you can judge how they engage with JP materials and topics over on Reddit. They're a bit elitist (given alwayslonesome's disparagement of the mostly solid White Album 2 TL) so they got some tough shoes to fill.

Well, that is good. However, the speed of this seems unrealistic. I have even seen discussions on r/visualnovels Reddit where it was actually labeled a machine TL. I am not here to start anything. Like I said, if it is legit then great. When it comes out I hope everyone is happy and can enjoy it. The funny thing is, in the last couple or few years I have seen fan translations that are better than many "official" translations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Well, that is good. However, the speed of this seems unrealistic. I have even seen discussions on r/visualnovels Reddit where it was actually labeled a machine TL. I am not here to start anything. Like I said, if it is legit then great. When it comes out I hope everyone is happy and can enjoy it. The funny thing is, in the last couple or few years I have seen fan translations that are better than many "official" translations.

We'll see it in the end. I'm aware that some people are already sceptical and are planned already to be thoroughly investigating the patch quality once it is out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...