noteworthy recent vns?

Silvz

Soooo I'm slowly recovering my interest in reading after a few months without touching a book/VN, so I missed pretty much everything that came out in the last year/few monts. Just so you know, the last VN I fully read was Atri, which I bought at launch. Which games should I consider reading in the near future? I only ask for recent releases because I've already read everything else one can possibly think of.

It just need to be story-oriented - drama, romance etc. and English translated.

As for the recent translated VNs that might be fit your taste, there's Ryuusei Would Actor, Iwaihime (Just expect this as watered down Higurashi instead of expect that Ryukishi can keep up his standard), Gekkou no Carnevale, Robotic Notes, Kirikoi (Most of the time it has comedy like Yuzusoft VNs though), and Musicus. If you're willing to wait for a bit, then there'll be Muramasa that JAST released at 24th later. I don't know if you're already read some of those or not, but I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you.

Edited by littleshogun

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for the recent translated VNs that might be fit your taste, there's Ryuusei Would Actor, Iwaihime (Just expect this as watered down Higurashi instead of expect that Ryukishi can keep up his standard), Gekkou no Carnevale, Robotic Notes, Kirikoi (Most of the time it has comedy like Yuzusoft VNs though), and Musicus. If you're willing to wait for a bit, then there'll be Muramasa that JAST released at 24th later. I don't know if you're already read some of those or not, but I hope that my recommendations here can be helpful to you.

Iwaihime is already on my backlog, but I'm holding it because a) I'm watching Higurashi, so I'm getting my regular ryukishi doses and b) Reviews are pretty mixed, and I need something to hook me.

As for the other recommendations, Gekkou no Carnevale and Ryuusei seem very good. Definetely going to take a closer look on those two. About Musicus, is it story-oriented? Because the impressions I get is that it's just an "more adult" Kira Kira. I read Bokuten and enjoyed it a lot, but I don't expect the same focus on story from Musicus. Am I wrong?

Well you shouldn't expect much of Musicus would be like Bokuten, because in Bokuten we'll going to have the MC playing cupid for some couple and them he has some romance with soap opera drama while for Musicus here we'll going to see on how the MC grow up when he formed a band after he was told to do that by the leader of a well known band. So yeah Musicus here is quite story oriented, and the story is the growth of the MC along with on how he'll lead the band. Have fun with whichever VN that you read first.

PS - As for Kira Kira and Musicus comparison, Kira Kira is more lighthearted than Musicus because Kira Kira here is about high school band do some journey across Japan and that they're just do it for a while, while for Musicus we'll see on how adult band struggling because the bad here is their profession in that they'll need more passion to run it compared to the high school band that Kira Kira show.