Visual Novel Monthly Recap - July 2021 News (ft. Nitro+ Muramasa)

NowItsAngeTime

The July 2021 Visual Novel Monthly Recap video is out. The biggest announcement is related to a certain popular Nitro + title. That said this was a pretty crazy stacked month with plenty of releases, announcements and even a few TL cancellations.

Omg, it's slowly getting really hard to keep up with all the new VN releases. And Johren seems to get more and more popular for VN releases. Considering Steam is literally dead for German customers nowadays if it comes to VN's, I'm slowly thinking about buying stuff from there.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

Omg, it's slowly getting really hard to keep up with all the new VN releases. And Johren seems to get more and more popular for VN releases. Considering Steam is literally dead for German customers nowadays if it comes to VN's, I'm slowly thinking about buying stuff from there.

Well more specifically Johren so far is only for Shiravune English releases, especially ones that couldn't get on Steam. Shiravune really likes waiting till the last minute to actually announce stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see that now you're in charge of VNTS at Reddit, so with that it'd make you a fellow VNTS person here. Anyway as for July I suppose it's quite a busy month to a degree, and the same can be said for August here as well. So here's my comment on July here.

• Good for hardcopy fans that Mangagamer released the hardcopy I suppose, and at least it mean that the products in question (Impoara 3 and Sukehime) are selling well to a degree. Mangagamer also did release Memorajo along with Christmas Tina, in which the former is good follow up to Amrilato in case you want more GL romance between Rin and Ruka, while for the latter it's unique VN that has Chinese voice along with unusual setting in that it's set at 1980's with no school setting (It's more like two poor people who struggle at their unusual job to make their needs fulfilled). By the way I'm not into Go Go Nippon heroines became Virtual Youtuber there, but I suppose it's what Overdrive can only do nowadays.
  • Sekai's announcements on AX are more or less quite average with the only interesting one is QUALIA, and with Mangagamer's Otaku announcements available I guess I should take it easy for the company when it come to announcements at the conventions seeing that we currently have pandemic ongoing. At least good to see that one of the announcements (2236 AD Secretary Story) was released at July, although it's more or less just small release. Also good for Nekopara female fans now that they got Nekopara Catboys Paradise there, and perhaps some Dies Irae fans who only play it for the character design can play Nekopara Catboy Paradise as well because it has same artist as Dies Irae.
  • While JAST didn't attend AX Lite like Sekai and thus didn't announce Flowers Hiver like last AX, at least their announcement on Muramasa exact release date (At 24th or five days later) is make up for it. Which should be good for anyone else who've been wanted to read it because it has good average score on VNDB, although at the same time it might be caused a lot of people to expect too much on this.
  • Sukera really want to get all of their VNs localized, and the proof is that they released Oshirabu FD in English language at the same time they released it in Japan as well. Here's hoping that they can make more VNs in the future so that we can have more nice GL VNs.
  • Bustafellow here has nice character design courtesy of Sumeragi Kohaku, and it's good for otome VN fans who only has PC because it's also available for Steam as well so good for the company who provided Steam version of it (Unlike Aksys who only release their otome VNs as console only). Well I suppose Butafellow here might be one of two interesting otome VN that we have it released at this year, and as for the other otome VN it's Taisho Alice in that I forgot to mention that we have the last part of it released back at June.
  • Surprisingly the company that has most interesting releases in July here are not either Mangagamer, JAST, or Nekonyan. But instead it's Shiravune in that they manage to surprisingly released three VNs at once. The first is Chihiro Himukai in that while the premise sounds like any nukige from Cherry Kiss, in practice it's more like what would happen if Smee make a short length nukige with single heroine because the writer of Chihiro Himukai here is Hayase Yuu who as we know did write Smee comedy VNs (ie Fureraba and Makeover). The second (And third) is Primal x Hearts duology in that basically both VNs share same plot to a degree (The MC was supposed to break the stalemate between two parties at school) and both VNs are quite well known for the charage with good production value. Oh yes while it would be nice if there's no DRM in Johren, I suppose it's impossible for them to change their mind on it if they already decided it so oh well.

That's all for what I can write about Visual Novel News at July 2021 here.

Edited by littleshogun