Soukou Akki Muramasa is getting an official Western release on 24-th of August

Solitude94

I'm not that surprised, since the SubaHibi translation came out of the blue as well. The amount of rape is what you regularly get from the average action Nitroplus title, so don't worry about anything at ClockUp level. Muramasa is barely on my top 10 VNs of all time and not even my favorite of 2009, but i definitely recommend it and i wish i took the rumors more seriously, because i'd have probably waited the extra year and a half since i've read it.

Edited by onorub

On 7/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, Solitude94 said:

Potentially, there could be a censored version for Steam in the future.

Unfortunately, according to posts on r/vn quoting JAST's Discord, it seems that Steam rejected it already :(

According to post from JAST employee, it just hasn't been accepted yet. Let's keep fingers crossed. OTOH I hear that those H-scenes, even fucked up, are there for story reasons, so maybe I should give it a chance?

however it also not for everyone, it's really complex, very depressing and very brutal

Hmm... still not sure...

Edited by adamstan

8 hours ago, adamstan said:

OTOH I hear that those H-scenes, even fucked up, are there for story reasons, so maybe I should give it a chance?

Imho, H-scenes which are there for 'story reasons' are the worst. It essentially means their only purpose is for shock factor to illustrate brutal rape or abuse. Which in the end is just a bad excuse to appeal to fans of hardcore fetish sex. There are much better ways to convey love or drama than H-scenes, which makes them almost by definition optional and just for eye candy.

41 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

In short 0 vanilla h scene in this one?

AFAIK on other forums I've read something like "There are 10 (relatively short) H-scenes, out of which 4 or 5 are rape"

Spoiler

And those rape scenes don't involve protagonist

Edited by adamstan

To be fair, if it's not much it probably won't impact the story a lot. It's a VN from before 2010, where they apparently felt the urgent need to add edgy H-scenes to every story VN just to boost sales. It's probably similar like in Gekkou no Carnevale, where you just had to press the skip button every 5 hours for a short time.

Edited by ChaosRaven

Yes, I don't understand why people are not considering reading it due to the possibility of running into violent H-scene, which will likely comprise far less than 1% of the game, and can easily be skipped (with your eyes closed if you so prefer). You are reading it mainly for the other 99%, which you would likely enjoy. Gekkou no Caneval is another story. Its SOOOO boring that I could not continue past the 5-hour mark.

Muv-Luv Alternative had an extremely awful, revolting sexual assault H-scene, but that didn't stop it from being enshrined as one of the best VNs of all time.

Edited by LAsuka

Muv luv

Spoiler

would at least gotten a pass if it didnt boil down to rape fetishism and ntr-esque scenario. Only in japan would a monster research humans through vaginas and boobs 

Edited by Stormwolf
Please tag your spoilers for other VNs. Thank you.

I don't know much on how bad rape in Muramasa would be, but I guess I can expect it that it's almost like Kikokugai (I only play the one with voice though and thus the scenes were toned down because Nitroplus chose all star anime VAs instead of all stars eroge VAs, so the comparison might be wrong). Story speaking, perhaps expect this as souped up Hanachirasu would be good idea seeing that it's from same writer. Lastly while I look forward to this very well received VN in English later, I can see that the topic that Muramasa raised here would be the good one to discuss/debate to a degree.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...

It's been released at JAST (The link to the store), although currently the site is only for USA though thanks to the site was busted for a while because of high traffic (You can try to use VPN with USA as the location for the proxy). Feel free to talk about Muramasa here and have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

I was just able to access the site from Germany although there still seem to be technical difficulties, as each page takes very long to load and my old account on the site has seemingly disappeared. I was able to make a new one though and am currently downloading the game.

I'd say I'm cautiously hyped for Muramasa. It's the 8th highest rated title on vndb, but then again Baldr Sky Dive 2 sits at 9, and I found that one pretty mediocre. Also from my few experiences with Nitroplus I got the impression that they have a tendency to put style and edginess over substance in their stories. 

On 8/25/2021 at 9:36 PM, alpacaman said:

my old account on the site has seemingly disappeared

For a second I thought that the same thing happened to me, but it turned out that I just had to reset my password for some reason.

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in Muramasa myself, but I think I'll pass on it for now. I'm slowly recovering my interest in visual novels in general, and for now I'm going to stick to shorter VNs from my backlog. I'll probably get back to Muramasa when it officially becomes another overrated kusoge and everyone forgets about it. :serasmug:

On 8/28/2021 at 8:15 PM, Dreamysyu said:

For a second I thought that the same thing happened to me, but it turned out that I just had to reset my password for some reason.

I had to do it as well... maybe the fallout after some accident, probably some accounts (all ?) got hacked or something. This is speculation alright, but high probability for me. And if this is the case, I'm really not OK with Jast not giving information to their customers.

From what I've heard, they're in the process of a server migration and old accounts won't be available until they've been transferred. For me personally, I could neither log in or recover my password, so I made a new account and then talked to a guy on their Discord and got him to add my games to the new account. There's no rush though, because as soon as the server migration is finished, the old account and the new one will automatically merge as long as your e-mail address is the same.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:17 PM, Seraphim said:

From what I've heard, they're in the process of a server migration and old accounts won't be available until they've been transferred. For me personally, I could neither log in or recover my password, so I made a new account and then talked to a guy on their Discord and got him to add my games to the new account. There's no rush though, because as soon as the server migration is finished, the old account and the new one will automatically merge as long as your e-mail address is the same.

Thanks for the information. I prefer this over my hypothesis (hacked accounts) but still... why not send an email to their customers prior to this to inform them ? Or even just a "If you can't login, it may just be that..." kind of message on login failure or written on the login page might do.

Seriously, I was able to reset my password, but counting on ones customers to do so or even recreate an account without information ?.....