Jump to content

Soukou Akki Muramasa is getting an official Western release on 24-th of August


Recommended Posts

This came so out of the blue, I'm equal parts confused and overjoyed.
Honestly, although I understand that they want to build some hype for it beforehand, it would've been pretty awesome if they'd held out until the release date and made it the shadow drop to end all shadow drops.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not that surprised, since the SubaHibi translation came out of the blue as well. The amount of rape is what you regularly get from the average action Nitroplus title, so don't worry about anything at ClockUp level. Muramasa is barely on my top 10 VNs of all time and not even my favorite of 2009, but i definitely recommend it and i wish i took the rumors more seriously, because i'd have probably waited the extra year and a half since i've read it.

Edited by onorub
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2021 at 3:57 PM, Solitude94 said:

Potentially, there could be a censored version for Steam in the future.

 

Unfortunately, according to posts on r/vn quoting JAST's Discord, it seems that Steam rejected it already :(

According to post from JAST employee, it just hasn't been accepted yet. Let's keep fingers crossed. OTOH I hear that those H-scenes, even fucked up, are there for story reasons, so maybe I should give it a chance?

Quote

however it also not for everyone, it's really complex, very depressing and very brutal

Hmm... still not sure...

Edited by adamstan
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, adamstan said:

OTOH I hear that those H-scenes, even fucked up, are there for story reasons, so maybe I should give it a chance?

Imho, H-scenes which are there for 'story reasons' are the worst. It essentially means their only purpose is for shock factor to illustrate brutal rape or abuse. Which in the end is just a bad excuse to appeal to fans of hardcore fetish sex. There are much better ways to convey love or drama than H-scenes, which makes them almost by definition optional and just for eye candy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Kirashi said:

In short 0 vanilla h scene in this one?

AFAIK on other forums I've read something like "There are 10 (relatively short) H-scenes, out of which 4 or 5 are rape"

Spoiler

And those rape scenes don't involve protagonist

 

Edited by adamstan
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, if it's not much it probably won't impact the story a lot. It's a VN from before 2010, where they apparently felt the urgent need to add edgy H-scenes to every story VN just to boost sales. It's probably similar like in Gekkou no Carnevale, where you just had to press the skip button every 5 hours for a short time.

Edited by ChaosRaven
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I don't understand why people are not considering reading it due to the possibility of running into violent H-scene, which will likely comprise far less than 1% of the game, and can easily be skipped (with your eyes closed if you so prefer). You are reading it mainly for the other 99%, which you would likely enjoy. Gekkou no Caneval is another story. Its SOOOO boring that I could not continue past the 5-hour mark.

 

Muv-Luv Alternative had an extremely awful, revolting sexual assault H-scene, but that didn't stop it from being enshrined as one of the best VNs of all time.

Edited by LAsuka
Link to post
Share on other sites

Muv luv

Spoiler

would at least gotten a pass if it didnt boil down to rape fetishism and ntr-esque scenario. Only in japan would a monster research humans through vaginas and boobs 

 

Edited by Stormwolf
Please tag your spoilers for other VNs. Thank you.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much on how bad rape in Muramasa would be, but I guess I can expect it that it's almost like Kikokugai (I only play the one with voice though and thus the scenes were toned down because Nitroplus chose all star anime VAs instead of all stars eroge VAs, so the comparison might be wrong). Story speaking, perhaps expect this as souped up Hanachirasu would be good idea seeing that it's from same writer. Lastly while I look forward to this very well received VN in English later, I can see that the topic that Muramasa raised here would be the good one to discuss/debate to a degree.

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...