Do You Think Dracu-Riot Translation Will Be Released This Century?

mitchhamilton

interesting story this one. started out in the hands of another translator, a fan translation and has switched hands i think twice? or maybe im just mistaking one of the significant additions to the dracu riot english translation saga from a different developer.

i know its now in the hands of sekai project... i think.

to tell you the truth, i have no clue whats going on with it. i only bring this up because i got a random video from youtube with a scene from a yuzusoft vn.

so....... thoughts? :mare:

I trust that Nekonyan will eventually release it.  If nothing else, they have a much better relationship with Yuzusoft than Sekai Project had.  People are pretty spoiled these days, when it comes to VN translations... it was normal only to get one or two a year when I first started playing, and now it isn't uncommon for ten to get released in a single year.

I honestly don't know what is holding it up, since the final version we handed over to SP was pretty much done as well or better than most professional translations.  For all I know, SP refused to hand it over and the two companies are fighting over it behind the scenes.

Here is from Nekonyan's blog late March regarding Dracu Riot. So a HD remaster seems to be what is holding it up at the moment.

"Wow, this list got pretty short, huh? Wait I think I’m missing one…  Oh, right! I guess this is a good place to start for today.  Dracu Riot, huh.  
You guys have been waiting very patiently for a really long time for this game, and we know you want to know what the holdup is. We’ve seen the comments don’t worry. There IS a reason for it, however, and we can finally talk about it now!
The truth is… Dracu Riot is getting a full HD Remaster and re-release in JP as well as in English!
Fortunately, Yuzusoft had the original super high res assets, so we’re going to be working on getting the entire game rebuilt from the ground up with high res assets and a new UI. It will be on our Unity engine and receive a total upgrade, including the same features you see in newer Yuzusoft projects, voice bookmarking, and more! Meow is currently working on the Clover Days port, once that is complete, he will begin the work of porting and implementing the new features for Dracu Riot!
Hopefully, this will make it worth the wait for you!"

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

Here is from Nekonyan's blog late March regarding Dracu Riot. So a HD remaster seems to be what is holding it up at the moment.

"Wow, this list got pretty short, huh? Wait I think I’m missing one…  Oh, right! I guess this is a good place to start for today.  Dracu Riot, huh.  
You guys have been waiting very patiently for a really long time for this game, and we know you want to know what the holdup is. We’ve seen the comments don’t worry. There IS a reason for it, however, and we can finally talk about it now!
The truth is… Dracu Riot is getting a full HD Remaster and re-release in JP as well as in English!
Fortunately, Yuzusoft had the original super high res assets, so we’re going to be working on getting the entire game rebuilt from the ground up with high res assets and a new UI. It will be on our Unity engine and receive a total upgrade, including the same features you see in newer Yuzusoft projects, voice bookmarking, and more! Meow is currently working on the Clover Days port, once that is complete, he will begin the work of porting and implementing the new features for Dracu Riot!
Hopefully, this will make it worth the wait for you!"

not bad, not bad. hate the wait but eh, seems worth it for some nice hd sprites and scenes

Well as long as Nekonyan manage to juggle their remaining licenses in a reasonable timeframe, it should be possible to see them released Dracu Riot in this century. Even if they didn't manage to release Dracu Riot in the near future, Nekonyan still has 78 and half years to release it at this century. That said, you don't really need to wait for Nekonyan to finally release it because there's already leaked unedited patch of Dracu Riot, albeit without the new feature that the HD version offer (I'll assume that Yuzusoft will add flowchart and the improvement in sprite mode into Dracu Riot HD version).

• 2 weeks later...

NekoNyan might want to rethink their PR strategy (inasmuch as a cash-poor company like a VN translation outfit can afford such a thing as a PR strategy).  Someone who's interested in DracuRiot didn't know that they'd announced the cause of the delay four months ago.  That's kind of the whole point of PR: to make sure interested people, and folks who might be interested, know what's going on and remember / look forward to the release.

Edited by Nandemonai

On 7/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, Clephas said:

I trust that Nekonyan will eventually release it.  If nothing else, they have a much better relationship with Yuzusoft than Sekai Project had.  People are pretty spoiled these days, when it comes to VN translations... it was normal only to get one or two a year when I first started playing, and now it isn't uncommon for ten to get released in a single year.

I honestly don't know what is holding it up, since the final version we handed over to SP was pretty much done as well or better than most professional translations.  For all I know, SP refused to hand it over and the two companies are fighting over it behind the scenes.

Haha, when I joined this board, new translations were so rare and there were numerous VNs dropped halfway through and never saw light of day

Atleast now with official companies something being dropped is rare and we get quite a few releases per year

on the other hand FanTLs are getting very rare now due them joining the official companies i guess? 

Edited by Freestyle80

On 7/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, littleshogun said:

(I'll assume that Yuzusoft will add flowchart and the improvement in sprite mode into Dracu Riot HD version).

It's not just the sprite mode and technical marvel of the flowcharts: Kobuichi and Muririn have improved a lot as artists over the course of time.

I would bet on Yuzusoft commissioning brushed up (if not fully redrawn) CGs and Sprites for this remaster.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, bakauchuujin said:

I can't believe it took this many posts to mention the HD remaster blog post. Nekonyan didn't get that memo through to the public, huh?

Edited by TexasDice

I suppose some people would be satisfied if the new version of Dracu Riot did came up with the improved art, especially if the people had the HD screen. Although as someone who use 14 inch screen laptop I would say that the art improvement won't matter much to me, and not to mention that there's no preview of the new art so I can't make judgement on how good the new art would be compared to the old one. That said if Hoshimemo HD here is the indicator, at least it mean that the artist would take effort to redrawn the CG instead of just merely enlarging it.

For the info, when it come to the re-releases I would say that Aokana release by Nekonyan would have more significant new feature seeing that it got new HD art, FC battle viewer (Which is more important that it sounds because one review complained that there's no way to see cool CG in the battle outside the game), sprite viewer (New feature in Nekonyan's release), and more importantly music gallery (This is very important feature because it should be the staple for the VNs with similar prices like Aokana and yet somehow sprite did forget to add that into their initial release).

PS - As for whether the PR from Nekonyan is bad or not so much that anyone else who look forward to Dracu Riot did miss the info about the delay from four months ago, I would say that anyone else who keep an eyes on Nekonyan's tweet or blog would less likely miss an updates on that so the only way anyone else miss the updates is that they never check any VNs news for more than four months.

Edited by littleshogun

9 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I suppose some people would be satisfied if the new version of Dracu Riot did came up with the improved art, especially if the people had the HD screen. Although as someone who use 14 inch screen laptop I would say that the art improvement won't matter much to me, and not to mention that there's no preview of the new art so I can't make judgement on how good the new art would be compared to the old one. That said if Hoshimemo HD here is the indicator, at least it mean that the artist would take effort to redrawn the CG instead of just merely enlarging it.

For the info, when it come to the re-releases I would say that Aokana release by Nekonyan would have more significant new feature seeing that it got new HD art, FC battle viewer (Which is more important that it sounds because one review complained that there's no way to see cool CG in the battle outside the game), sprite viewer (New feature in Nekonyan's release), and more importantly music gallery (This is very important feature because it should be the staple for the VNs with similar prices like Aokana and yet somehow sprite did forget to add that into their initial release).

PS - As for whether the PR from Nekonyan is bad or not so much that anyone else who look forward to Dracu Riot did miss the info about the delay from four months ago, I would say that anyone else who keep an eyes on Nekonyan's tweet or blog would less likely miss an updates on that so the only way anyone else miss the updates is that they never check any VNs news for more than four months.

The art will look crispier on a 14 inch screen too