Recruiting Volunteers to Help Make a VN with a Black Protagonist ( Urgently want to solve the lack of a VN like this ASAP. I want news out of such a game being developed within 3 months from now )

Nenor5VB

Since I don't have much ideas on how dialogue and interesting conversation scenes should be done, I can't be able to make a VN like this all on my own by myself.

I really wanted to read and play a VN like this so much it's driving me crazy.  Please..... can anyone help make it with me ? There are more experienced and skilled writers in this world compared to me.... If only such people could write a Black MC VN like this.....I won't feel this bored and empty at not being able to purchase and play the product that meets my one most important requirement : A VN that features a Black Male MC with diverse romanceable heroines of many colors and types

We can talk in private at my email here :  [email protected]

I won't feel this bored and empty at not being able to purchase and play the product that meets my one most important requirement : A VN that features a Black Male MC with diverse romanceable heroines of many colors and types

For your first couple of threads I dismissed you as high effort troll, but seeing how much this fixation (especially considering that you apparently aren't even black) has obsessed you. I can't help but recommend you go outside and interact with people. Or literally do anything that doesn't involve a screen. 

But... if this really is where you believe your life's purpose is truly guiding you... I guess I wish you the best of luck. 

Maaaaaaaaaan... I really don't mean this as an insult, but I can't help but agree with Zalor here. At this point this is more of an issue to solve with a therapy than one to solve with VN development.

I really wish you all the success with pursuing a project of your dreams, but staking all your happiness on a piece of fiction that doesn't even exist yet... It's not healthy, to put it mildly and I don't think it can ever give you the satisfaction you seek (and there's a good chance it just won't happen in the very specific format that you're looking for). Maybe I'm wrong on that but please... Talk to someone other than strangers on the internet. All the stuff happening in the background, that you hinted on with your previous posts... It doesn't sound like something a VN can fix.

I heavily agree with Zalor and Plk_Lesiak. I truly don't mean this in an insulting way, but I heavily suggest you take a break from VNs and other such media for awhile. Even if you don't go out and meet people, I'd suggest trying out different hobbies and such. I'm certain that you'd find better satisfaction from exploring different hobbies, even if it takes a while. If this obsession is truly affecting you this much, then I'm begging you to try and distance yourself from it, at least for awhile. This will only destroy you further if you don't. 

At the risk of being seen as a jerk, I'd really suggest you take a look at what you are doing.  If you aren't black, what you are trying to do can easily be construed as being patronizing to the extreme.  To be blunt, unless a black person is in charge, there really is no way to describe such a work except as being patronizing.   I know you probably didn't realize this, but if you read enough history and even current events, it is the same kind of behavior African Americans have been seeing from 'patronizing whites' since the Civil War.  

The simple fact is, if such a project were to have meaning, it would need to have an African American initiator, not someone of a different ethnicity or race. 

There are lots of benefits if there are more visual novels and even games in general if there'd be an increase in Black character representation, especially in Protagonist roles. Such characters in fiction would serve as good and positive "role models" for real-life Black gamers playing them, and when they see such heroic and relatable figures that look like them, they'd increase their self-esteem in real life even more to the point they would be motivated and perform even better in their dayjobs and daily tasks, thus helping directly and indirectly in improving and uplifiting the economies of countries in the West with significant Black populations, such as USA and European countries. 

Therefore, helping to make VNs with Black Male MCs and Otome games with Black Female MCs all with a cast of romance-able partners of many colors would help increase their feelings of acceptance and love, and that will help them feel more fired up to do their daily work at whatever field they're involved in, since they then know that they have recreational things to do where they feel included in it( when they can play VNs with Protagonists that look like them, some shy and low-esteem Black men IRL too would feel moved to get real-life girls in a more courageous manner when they see a Black MC managing to score their dream girl in a VN. Or some would feel more fulfilled and satisfied knowing that even if they can't yet find their "Mrs. Right" in real life, they have VNs with Black MCs to fall back on and snicker and giggle by themselves seeing cute Anime girls flirting and seducing a VN Protagonist that resembles them in skin tone, facial features and hair type ).

8 hours ago, Nenor5VB said:

There are lots of benefits if there are more visual novels and even games in general if there'd be an increase in Black character representation (...)

Yeah... Man, I am a huge fan of VNs, but I'm still pretty amazed with your faith in the power of waifu games to change lives and reshape society. xD

Anyway, you do you, there's clearly no conversation happening here. Just please at least try to consider what everyone told you so far.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Are you that desperate so much that you decided to write some unproven statement that having role model in VN would increase the economy of a country? I afraid that this time I must be blunt by saying that you didn't do this for the sake of African American like you always said, but it's merely for the sake of yourself who always order us to help you in any way to fulfill your own wish that even not reasonable seeing that you're just Asian instead of African American like many of us think (Also even if you're African American your campaign would still raise some question). Let me give you some suggestion by saying that you should try to quit your obsession of having black skinned MC in the VN, or otherwise you can chose to trap yourself in self-created depression forever. Your choice.

PS - I know that you did ask JAST USA to making a VN with black skinned MC, so let me give you some reminder that JAST USA is just a publisher of the translated Japanese VNs and obviously not some company that you can freely command to make a specific VN that you want.

PPS - After I read the so-called benefit for African American, let me say that your statement is quite shallow as in you just believe that African American need some role model in VN to lift their spirit, where in fact they can also has many real life role model to lift their spirit just like any people in the world are. Also when it come to VN, some if not most would probably won't self insert into the MC shoes so I don't think that race is really matter much when it come to the MC in the VNs.

Edited by littleshogun

This whole situation feels bizarre. On one hand, I know that you mean well and want to have more representation in VNs or whatever, but on the other hand, you've stated that this has caused you to spiral into depression. Plus, you've stated that you're not even black. 
As someone who is half-black, I'm gonna be a bit blunt. If there were more VNs with diversity, it would make me a bit happier but it wouldn't change as many things as you'd think.
Especially with how niche VNs are in general, this idea would probably work significantly better if you were talking about making a film or something along those lines. Or even something like an RPG. Most people would be seeking representation in those mediums rather than VNs just due to how niche VNs are, especially in America and Europe. 
I'm not saying you can't do this, but you're overthinking the effects of such a project. 
If you're still determined to go through with this, all I ask is that you work as hard as possible to do what you need to do to make this work. If you don't have the funds, then make it a one man project. Learn how to make a good story and learn the fundamentals of what makes a good visual novel and then go from there. You'll only end up getting more depressed/getting nowhere if you don't. I'd rather play a VN that looks a bit rough but is otherwise good than play a VN that looks good but is boring as all hell/fails to deliver its message. It'd take a shit load of time and effort, but that's just how it is. You can't just wish this kind of thing into existence.
If you truly want something, then waiting around and begging isn't going to do anything. You have to do it by yourself.

• 4 months later...

Hello.  I don’t know how long it’s still relevant.  but I love your idea of making a novel with such a male character.  I also have not met such characters in VN, which is a shame.

If you still want to make such a visual novel, then I can offer you my services as a character artist.

I draw everything from sketches to full-fledged works.  Stylized and more realistic characters.

I draw 2D.  No animation.
Edited by Plk_Lesiak
removed formatting as text was near-invisible in dark theme