Pulltop is going to release Japanese All-ages pack for PC

adamstan

Some time ago I wrote:

What I'm really waiting for is Miazora's equivalent of Cruise Sign - all ages JP version of main VN plus stories from fandiscs - so I wouldn't have to deal with awkward h-scenes or Pulltop's random translation quality :P Win-win situation. I'd buy such release in a heartbeat, but I'm afraid they won't do it... It really puzzles me - Steam edition of Miazora is obviously translated from unreleased console version - so why not release it then?

And now it seems that Pulltop is going to release a physical package edition titled Kono Oozora ni! PULLTOP Juvenile Pack containing Umikana, Anofure, and all-ages versions of Konosora (subtitled "Flutter Wings" for this release) and Miazora ("Light Signal") - which up to this point didn't have all-ages JP release, only translated one.

That Miazora all-ages JP edition looks tempting, but I'd like separate release, since I already own physical editions of Cruise Sign and Anofure, and have Umikana on Steam. And 12,000JPY isn't exactly cheap :P Also, it seems that the content from fandiscs isn't included, so that would mean Flutter Wings is still inferior version compared to Cruise Sign, and there's still no all-ages version of Fine Days :(

Edited by adamstan

• adamstan changed the title to Pulltop is going to release Japanese All-ages pack for PC
  • 4 weeks later...

The release of the pack was delayed to tomorrow. As for what I can say, well guess better late then never when it come to Pulltop make the all age version in Japanese. Still didn't change the fact that they censored the overseas version by choose the all age version to translate though, but at least Pulltop started to change by making the all age VN from the scratch (Umikana and Anofure) instead of just removing the sex scenes from available releases.

TBH, rewrites for both all-ages versions of Konosora and Miazora are quite decent. If it wasn't for IMHHW's bad translation quality, I think there wouldn't be as much an outrage (and incorrect rumors) about it. But no, contrary to popular belief, they didn't just cut out the sex scenes in either game.

BTW, I wonder if Anofure will get translated. I read it in Japanese and loved it, but I'm not sure if Umikana Steam sales were good enough to translate the sequel :(

Edited by adamstan

While bad translation might be the cause of outrage, I would still say that the removal of the sex scenes is also the cause of it. Although seeing that there's no much outrage on Steam even with Pulltop cut the sex scenes when it come to Miagete, perhaps you may be right that bad translation is the main cause of the outrage at Konosora. Also while at least one can say that Pulltop didn't just cut out the sex scenes in both games, the effect is still the same anyway in that the reader can't chose to either read with the sex scenes or not and for this matter I would prefer to be able to skip the sex scenes rather than not be able to read it translated in the first place. In the end, I guess it's up to each of their own when it come to the sex scenes.

I also wonder about that as well, and I guess Pulltop may already have the plan to localize this only to be delayed or cancelled because of the pandemic. It would be nice to see this translated though, seeing that one of the heroines voiced by Fairouz Ai who currently playing the roles in two very well known series in Japan (Precure as Natsumi Manatsu in TRPC and Jojo as Jolyne Cujoh in the upcoming Stone Ocean anime).

On 8/7/2021 at 7:19 AM, littleshogun said:

the effect is still the same anyway in that the reader can't chose to either read with the sex scenes or not

Yes, you're right here. I just wanted to point out, that I often saw people saying that Miazora was properly rewritten while Konosora was just cut-off, while in fact both games were rewritten in very similar way - but localized version of Konosora might feel badly cut because of bad translation. Initially I also thought that that's how it was - until I read Cruise Sign in Japanese and discovered that the content is exactly the same as in all-ages In My Heart Had Wings.

And since I already own Umikana, Anofure, and Cruise Sign, I'd really like if Pulltop would release games from this pack separately, so I could buy just all-ages Miazora edition, since I don't need another copy of other games, and the whole pack is rather expensive.