Help with .bin files

Hey everyone,

Some time ago I created a topic for some tool to extract .pck files from the game "Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk", there someone created a tool, with that I extracted the files but in these there are .bin files. I searched all kinds of methods to decrypt them but none has been feasible.

Sample of .bin files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQOuu9zDlN8PxUqpUzmmfxyjJeiXYA_U/view

If anyone knows of a tool that can help me with this I would be very grateful.

Edited by moon899

I have no time to write a tool (even though this .bit scripts seems to be rather easy ones), for I am currently working on SLG System (legendary series Sengoku Hime and Sangoku Hime are on that engine; I have already hacked all Sengoku Hime scripts series and working on the Shihen69 scripts), but I can give you some instructions to manually edit the scripts.

1. Open the script with Hex Editor. For example, Mad Edit.
2. Find string you want to edit. It will be somewhere near the end of file (string section).
4. Find the address of the first byte of the next string (after 00 byte). For instance, let it be 0x0000091A. (Do that with all next strings as well right at this point).
5. Divide it like this: 0x0000091A -> 0x|00|00|09|1A|.
6. Leave 0x as it was and write the following segments in backward order. Like this: 0x|00|00|09|1A| -> 0x|1A|09|00|00.
7. Next. Leave 0x part and insert spaces. Like this: 0x|1A|09|00|00 -> 1A 09 00 00.
8. Edit string you did want to edit (found in 2). You may want to add some bytes (then use Notepad++). End of the string should be \x00 byte.
9. Find new address of the next string (after 00 byte) and convert it to new bytes (see 5-7).
10. Great! Now find all bytes of the old address (you got on 7; for instance, 1A 09 00 00) in file via hex editor. Change all of it to the new bytes (you got on 9).
11. Continue like this.

Edited by Tester

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 4:35 AM, MerzZly said:

Sorry for the late reply but OMG this is just what I needed.

It transforms the files perfectly to .txt and I can easily edit the lines.

Thank you very much!

Although from what I saw the program only extracts the files, do you know how to convert them to .bin again?

• 8 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 4:33 AM, moon899 said:

Sorry for the late reply but OMG this is just what I needed.

It transforms the files perfectly to .txt and I can easily edit the lines.

Thank you very much!

Although from what I saw the program only extracts the files, do you know how to convert them to .bin again?

I know this is an old thread but Iam trying to extract a bin file too but when I drag and drop the file nothing happens it just print the path of the file and when I hit Enter it closes the cmd

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 2:46 PM, Amy10 said:

I know this is an old thread but Iam trying to extract a bin file too but when I drag and drop the file nothing happens it just print the path of the file and when I hit Enter it closes the cmd

That's because the .bin files of each game has a different algorithm. I tried the extractor with Psychedelica of the black butterfly and it didn't work.

I don't know much about it but try follow the steps mentioned by Tester and edit them yourself with a Hex Editor or posting the file and maybe someone will help you.