What Eushully or rpg VN games to play?

Larxe1

I used to avoid gameplay VN's like a plague since I usually want to focus on just passive reading for VN's and then if I want to play active games then I play my gameplay focused games but I'm willing to try it starting with Eushully or other VN's with RPG or some other gameplay style. I was initially starting with Soukoku no Arterial but the lack of Male Voice acting kinda iffed me but I'll continue it again after I played some other modern Eushully game. Also seeing as there are a lot of Eushully games and all of them have a very long playtime and given my lack of time to play now, I want to focus on playing the best on what they have.

I'd like a recommendation on which modern Eushully games to play or other rpg VN's but I can't read unhookable text so please recommend VN's only with an interface patch or something. 

15 hours ago, Larxe1 said:

I used to avoid gameplay VN's like a plague since I usually want to focus on just passive reading for VN's and then if I want to play active games then I play my gameplay focused games but I'm willing to try it starting with Eushully or other VN's with RPG or some other gameplay style. I was initially starting with Soukoku no Arterial but the lack of Male Voice acting kinda iffed me but I'll continue it again after I played some other modern Eushully game. Also seeing as there are a lot of Eushully games and all of them have a very long playtime and given my lack of time to play now, I want to focus on playing the best on what they have.

I'd like a recommendation on which modern Eushully games to play or other rpg VN's but I can't read unhookable text so please recommend VN's only with an interface patch or something. 

Ikusa Megami Zero, Ikusa Megami Verita, Madou Koukaku, Kami no Rhapsody, and Fuukan no Grasesta.

IMZ actually has one of the best jrpg stories I've ever seen, and Madou Koukaku is a great conquest strategy game.  Fuukan no Grasesta is an excellent example of what Eushully can do when it wants to, even now.  Too bad one like Fuukan only comes out for every four iffy ones.

Well all of the recommended Eushully VNs above did have interface patch, although if you really want to save some effort to hooking the text then my personal recommendation would be both of Amayui Castle Meister and Kami no Rhapsody (I did personally work on the interface patch for the former). Though in the end, well it's up to you which Eushully VN that you want to pick up. But if you want my saying on both VNs, I would say that Amayui have better gameplay compared to Rhapsody although in the end the gameplay from both are pretty enjoyable to it's own.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
8 hours ago, rodrigoburgher4 said:

A great Eushully game to check out is Sengoku Rance. While it's not as recent as some of their other titles, it's still a classic in the genre. It's a mix of RPG and strategy, with a lot of interesting characters and storylines.

Well Sengoku Rance is definitely has good mix of RPG and strategy, while at the same time it also has interesting characters and storylines, so obviously it should be a good title to recommend. That said, you forgot one tiny little bit of detail, namely that eushully never develop Sengoku Rance in the first place, but instead it's been developed by Alice Soft.

• 1 month later...

Made an account just to sing my praises of Kamidori Alchemy Meister. I don't know why but I just love it so god damn much despite its jank, all of its OST is thoroughly burned into my brain. I never see it mentioned by Eushully fans so I guess it's not highly regarded sadly. Props to SsethTzeentach for getting me into this fantastic genre.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 5:48 AM, figbungus666 said:

Made an account just to sing my praises of Kamidori Alchemy Meister. I don't know why but I just love it so god damn much despite its jank, all of its OST is thoroughly burned into my brain. I never see it mentioned by Eushully fans so I guess it's not highly regarded sadly. Props to SsethTzeentach for getting me into this fantastic genre.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it!