Visual Novel Monthly Recap - May 2021 News (ft. Loopers)

My newest Visual Novel Monthly Recap show is up for any releases or news for May 2021. Some notable highlights include a Loopers demo fantranslation, official TL announcement, among other things. See more in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCAPqJhld30 

• 4 weeks later...

Once again late to comment here, so let's make it short here.

• About MAMIYA just like you I didn't know much of it either other than it's been translated by the late Conjueror, and I happen to think the same in regard of GNOSIA. At least both title may be interesting to play in case you're bored of usual anime art of VNs.
  • May surely is a passionate month seeing that it has nukige, and well some of those are big releases because it has big breasts lol. Pun aside, none of the nukige releases are quite big or interesting to me, but at least I know it should be good to anyone else who like to see sex scenes. Also Horny Housewife is Chinese only, so it's not counted to have English release (The first blunder by Shiravune when it come to overseas release, although it's not like I care about that nukige anyway. By the way good to see that JAST releases Closed Game, although I still wait for them to release Yamizome Revenger.
  • Interesting staffs behind World's End Club, although it might be not as good as people expected though. At least it has interesting premise.
  • Good to see that Fantasy Tavern released the last part of it, and with that all of the VN are complete. It's more or less just usual isekai cafe story, although ironically the format here make it unique on it's own because there's still no much isekai VN that were translated while we seen enough isekai manga (I know that several Cherry Kiss nukige are technically isekai VN, but that's not quite what I want to see when it come to isekai VN lol).
  • We have Mangagamer did reveal one of their secret project is Amrilato's sequel and that we have Oshirabu FD overseas release announcement from the same company (Sukera), so it's good to see that all of Sukera VNs are available in English. Speaking of release announcement, we have Letter from A Rainy Days in which it'll be released tomorrow. The premise looks interesting, although then again I may expect too much from it (The writer did write several mystery VNs, albeit a light one).
  • Loopers looks good from the graphic alone and that it has Ryukishi07 as the writer, although turned out that it has some problem such as the story being rushed because it's too short and the like (Perhaps the fans of Ryukishi should keep the expectation in check when it come to Loopers). You can read the translated trial if you want to read it now, and as for this Visual Arts decided to handle this by themselves so good to see more KEY VN being officially localized.
  • Last but not the least (Or maybe 'last and the least' for most of people), we have Amayui fully translated narration along with heavily edited interface patch (I did work on the latter). I know that no amount of explanation would easily convince most of the people to give this a chance seeing that the translator (Depravity) admitted that he did MTL-ed of it and understandably people did antsy about MTL, but at least one should consider that the removal of this entry is the reason on why VNDB decided to allow MTL-ed patch entry on it (Also I did read that some on who read this didn't find much problem on it). So yeah it's quite ironic that MTL-ed Amayui patch here become the biggest release on May to me.

That's all for what I can comment in regard of May 2021.