Musicus!

4Zyp1Fd.jpg

Musicus!

Available on Steam and MangaGamer (+18)

Summary

Kei used to attend a famous high school with aspirations of one day becoming a doctor like his parents, but he stopped for a term due to certain reasons and is now studying part-time. While his journey had become more difficult, it was still possible to get back on track. However, after meeting many different types of people that he had not previously encountered and realizing that there was so much in the world that he did not know, he began to question what future he truly desired.

After receiving a prize from a city-wide competition for a short story that he wrote, he was asked by Yagihara, the president of a music production, to accompany their band on their upcoming tour and write a report about the event. The band was Kachoufuugetsu, which once performed on the big stage. Its leader Korekiyo is quite a peculiar fellow and talked at length about how music was pointless and good for nothing. Even though Kei was perplexed about Korekiyo, he was taken away by the band’s music when he heard it for the first time.

A few days later after that memorable first live, Kei found out that they were disbanding. Unable to accept the sudden news, he approached Korekiyo many times to convince him to change his mind, but no argument could sway him. Instead, Korekiyo asked him:

“How about you play rock in my place?”

Ending Guideline / Suggested Route Order

There are 3 main routes and a single bad ending. This VN uses your typical ladder structure format, in which there's a true ending and some routes in your way there. There are 3 acts in this story, each one to separate each route in the ladder.

Be aware that there aren't "free choices" and every single one matters to the route.

To save you some time from control-skipping, I have included Save Points in addition to the full route guides.

Walkthrough

Prologue (Act I)

Spoiler
  • I've been studying hard to get into college but to be honest...
  • I'm actually a little jealous
  • I'm gonna do both
  • You might be right
  • Tell Ozaki-san about what happened over summer, including joining a band
  • I can't know what the future holds, but that's a possible path.
  • I don't care what anyone thinks. I'll choose my own path through my own values.
  • I still don't know, but part of me wants to know exactly what he saw.

(You need to choose in this order to unlock Ozaki's route)

【Save 1】

116790.jpg

Ozaki Yako

Spoiler
  • Whatever form it takes, there's no way I can gamble on my life
  • Take his hand (optional; new CG)

Common Route (Act II)

Spoiler

【Load 1】

• I don't want to bring sorrow. But it's definitely possible to bet it all on something in life
  • I haven't thought of it. I just wanna be up on stage again
  • If we can have fun playing, that's plenty for me
  • Because it's cool. Is that not reason enough?
  • You're right. It might be good input for later.
  • No, I think I'm more like you on this one.

【Save 2】

116787.jpg

Kousaka Meguru

Spoiler
  • I think I'm on Kosaka-san's side.

Common Route (Act III)

Spoiler

【Load 2】

• I'm basically closer to Mikazuki
  • Well, yeah, I'd be happy if a lot of people recognized me as good.

【Save 3】

Bad Ending

Spoiler
  • No, this wouldn't cut it. Our live shows had to be perfect every time
  • We'll announce it as a new song. But we're not saying that Hanai-san made it.
  • Think about the band later. You should do this. (no matter the last two choices, if you choose "I can't agree to this. We're getting busier, and you won't be able to balance both.", you'll enter True Ending territory)

116786.jpg

Hanai Mikazuki
(TRUE ENDING)

Spoiler

【Load 3】

• It was fine. Playing live is about playing as you are.
  • We'll say it's a song Hanai-san wrote.

Attribution

Summary stolen from VNDB.

If there is anything wrong, let me know ASAP via PM!

Edited by Fujoneko
added a choice shortcut/another path