[Solved] Help Ojamajo Adventure hack

Hi friends !

First of all, I hope I’m writing in the right category. Please forgive me if I’m wrong.

Also, English isn’t my mother language so if what I say is not understandable, please tell me.

I'm a huge fan of the anime series "Ojamajo Doremi" and I would like to translate into French the visual novel released in 2004 and entitled "ojamajo adventure: naisho no mahou". I recently found a way to download and install it on my computer, but I'm not sure if it is allowed to share download links on this forum, so please tell me if it’s needed.

I have been studying japanese for years at the university, so I have no problem with the language. My problem is that I don't know anything about VN hack... I don't get discouraged though.

Firstly, I understand that the hack of a game depends on the game system. It seems that this one is in Kirikiri2 format (see here)

The few tutorials I found indicate that there should be a data.xp3 file in the installed game folder, but this is not the case for me. Here are the files in the folder. I added to it a patch.xp3 which was provided with the download link to make the game running without a CD.

I noticed that there was an XP3 file called "Scenario" and I concluded that it is the file I have to modify to replace the Japanese text by French text. I installed GARbro to extract this XP3. I ended up with several folders, each containing the dialogues of a character in KS format. By opening these files with Notepad, the dialogs were readable and manually editable.

After modifying the KS dialogues, I tried to apply them in several ways to the game but nothing worked. I simply don't know what to do to continue. If someone among you who knows enough about hacking could help me and give me some specific indications for this game, I would be very grateful.

Sorry for the bother... and thank you for reading my message !

Edited by Barduf

Hi KuronekoRM ! Thank you so much for your help ! 🥰

I read your tutorial, which was very understandable. I downloaded Animeed and used it to create a new Patch.xp3.

In this patch I put two files: the content of the No-CD patch which was already in the game directory (it contained a modified first.ks) and the dialog of the Prologue.ks which I started to modify.

The first.ks is well taken into account, since the game continues to work without CD. The Prologue.ks dialog, on the other hand, did not make any changes. The text at the beginning of the game is still in Japanese unfortunately (see here), while it should be in French (see here). Do you have any idea why?

Again, thank you for your help 🙇‍♀️

Yes, it already has a patch.xp3 (as you can see here). It's a No-CD patch containing a modified first.ks file.

I tried to create a patch2.xp3 but it doesn't work either.

Then, I tried an experiment, to see if I was doing it wrong. I tried to replace the background image of the prologue by another image that I placed in the patch.xp3 (with the modified first.ks file). The modification of the image worked very well (as you can see here)...

It looks like the problem is with the prologue.ks dialogue itself. Am I right ? 😟

I  see, so it lets you modify other files but not the text...

Here's a different option:

1) Make a copy of the (extracted) scenario folder. 

2) Modify the text files in that folder.

3) Now repack the entire scenario folder as a xp3 file and name it scenario.xp3.

4) Replace the scenario.xp3 file in the game folder. Also, if you still have the patch with the translated files, delete it.

If that doesn't work, send me a PM.

Hi everybody !

I finally found a way to solve my problem.

For some reason, most of the modified files in my patch.xp3 were taken into account, except for those from my scenario.xp3. To make my modified scenarios work, I had to rename them by adding a "2" at the end of each title: for example, "prologue.ks" became "prologue2.ks", and then I had to modify all the "prologue.ks" entries inside of first.ks (and other files) by "prologue2.ks" so it can lead to my translation! And it worked!

Now I just have to be careful to replace all the "prologue.ks" by "prologue2.ks".  I'll have to do the same for the other modified KS files from scenario.xp3. I  It's annoying, but not difficult :)

Again, thank you so much to KuronekoRM for trying to help me !

• Barduf changed the title to [Solved] Help Ojamajo Adventure hack
  • 2 months later...